2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by Ginge »

That's all fair enough but apart from the aforementioned Countdown thing there is fek all evidence to suggest this contract will be ended early or altered.
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote:
Dannyboy wrote: Of course commercial agreements are never broken or cancelled.
So you should be speculating on the premiership rights too, the golf?
What about Wimbledon?
Absolutely stupid isn't it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Just to play a small devils advocate here but the BBC did terminate their contract to show the Open golf live a year early...
The point is that there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to think that this is not going to happen, it's just the usual wishful thinking of people that actually want the bdo to fail, which is irrational unless you talk to Nikkiboy

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Well yes, the only scrap of evidence it might happen is the aforementioned Countdown thing but that can easily be shown at lunchtime.
No idea where this "1 year plus an option of 1 further year" theory has come from.
I said last august when it was announced that I wouldn't be surprised if there was an option to end the deal after 1 year, or that the deal was a 1+1 deal as I doubt C4 would just give them money for 2 years of coverage when they have no idea what could happen during the 2 years.

I still think that, if C4 was having the darts again on the main channel they would be at least putting something about it by now. The darts page on the C4 website has not been updated since the day after the final.
Zeyes
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 BDO World Championship- Lakeside- 6th-14th January

Post by Zeyes »

Ginge wrote:No idea where this "1 year plus an option of 1 further year" theory has come from.
It originated when certain interested parties started pushing the "the C4 contract will result in the BDO getting extra money for Lakeside, but only in the second year" line about half a year ago.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zeyes wrote:
Ginge wrote:No idea where this "1 year plus an option of 1 further year" theory has come from.
It originated when certain interested parties started pushing the "the C4 contract will result in the BDO getting extra money for Lakeside, but only in the second year" line about half a year ago.
Ah yes. I expect to see an uplift in the prize money this time around then.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Zeyes wrote:
Where was this quote from?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I can only find this:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16550&p=576202&hili ... el#p576369

I assume Tony had tongue in cheek.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:I can only find this:

The rumour was that C4 paid £500k to the BDO and i guess it was earmarked for prize money, i have no idea what the actual figure was but i have been told they hid the WDT money in it.
Not heard anything about increased prize money for Lakeside in the second year anywhere so maybe Zzzzeds can provide the source of his quote.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote:

The rumour was that C4 paid £500k to the BDO and i guess it was earmarked for prize money, i have no idea what the actual figure was but i have been told they hid the WDT money in it.
Not heard anything about increased prize money for Lakeside in the second year anywhere so maybe Zzzzeds can provide the source of his quote.
The quote from Tony says it will be increased in 2018 (the second year of the contract). I assume it is this quote Zeyes is referencing.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote:

The quote from Tony says it will be increased in 2018 (the second year of the contract). I assume it is this quote Zeyes is referencing.
That is not the quote though, i'm just curious about where that specific quote came from.

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

As for the £500k, remember Sportotal will have taken a chunk of it, unless their loyalty extends to working for nothing.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:As for the £500k, remember Sportotal will have taken a chunk of it, unless their loyalty extends to working for nothing.
Sounds like a lot of cash to me, can it be correct?

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:As for the £500k, remember Sportotal will have taken a chunk of it, unless their loyalty extends to working for nothing.
Aye it strikes me as a lot as well, not as if there was a bidding war to push the price up. Well, not that we know of anyway.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote:
Aye it strikes me as a lot as well, not as if there was a bidding war to push the price up. Well, not that we know of anyway.
Dave wanted it, we know that.

Madsocks
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Sure Paul has said in the past that money would only come in for the second year and I seem to remember mace saying something similar on Facebook
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Now that Ratajaki has qualified for the PDC European Championship, He will not be able to take his Lakeside place.

Umit Uygunsozlu will take his place. First Turkish player to play in either World Championship
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:Now that Ratajaki has qualified for the PDC European Championship, He will not be able to take his Lakeside place.

Umit Uygunsozlu will take his place. First Turkish player to play in either World Championship
What makes you think he will choose the Ally Pally spot? He might pick the Lakeside spot yet, surely the choice is his and only then do they need to invite a replacement.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Now that Ratajaki has qualified for the PDC European Championship, He will not be able to take his Lakeside place.

What makes you think he will choose the Ally Pally spot? He might pick the Lakeside spot yet, surely the choice is his and only then do they need to invite a replacement.
Well he hasnt qualified for Ally Pally but if he plays in the Euros he will become a PDPA member
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Well he hasnt qualified for Ally Pally but if he plays in the Euros he will become a PDPA member
After his performance at the weekend he should have near enough qualified for it, I reckon.
Big Jock Knew
Flagellum Dei
Steady Sixties

Post by Flagellum Dei »

Dave wanted it as they were keen on experimenmtal 70's throwback docu/comedy. Then realised just how shit it was and sacked it off.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

oche balboa wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Being a PDPA member is not bar on competing at Lakeside. Playing in PCs or having a tour card is. He can decide much nearer the time, assuming he qualifies for Ally Pally.

Edit: I notice he's down for British Open and Classic, and World Masters. Truly taking advantage of the flexibility available for non-Tour Card holders in Europe!