"BDO Fanzone"

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

"BDO Fanzone"

Post by Ginge »

https://twitter.com/bdo_fanzone

Is this an official BDO initiative or just the work of some deranged Twitter nutjob? No mention of it at all on the BDO website or Facebook page or even on the official BDO Darts Twitter page that already has over 43k followers (this new one doesnt even have 250), so if it is official it makes no sense whatsoever, just use the existing account more?
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Re: "BDO Fanzone"

Post by ifm »

Apparently it's official but the guy won't say what it is, great bit of marketing lol
#doomedbeforeitstarted
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote:Apparently it's official but the guy won't say what it is, great bit of marketing lol
#doomedbeforeitstarted
Well yes, the fact they arent even plugging it on the website, FB or the existing Twitter account says it all.

As already said, why not just use the existing Twitter account more? It has over 43k followers, thats a significant audience.

Also a bit of a fail not to snap up @bdofanzone (without the underscore).
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote:Apparently it's official but the guy won't say what it is, great bit of marketing lol
#doomedbeforeitstarted
Well yes, the fact they arent even plugging it on the website, FB or the existing Twitter account says it all.

As already said, why not just use the existing Twitter account more? It has over 43k followers, thats a significant audience.

I shit you not, the guy is actively avoiding answering questions on FB about this and Pauly is saying wait and see, WAIT AND SEE WHAT???
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:
#doomedbeforeitstarted

I shit you not, the guy is actively avoiding answering questions on FB about this and Pauly is saying wait and see, WAIT AND SEE WHAT???
Who is the "guy" in question"? Just a random bloke or someone already involved in the BDO?
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:
#doomedbeforeitstarted

Who is the "guy" in question"? Just a random bloke or someone already involved in the BDO?
Devonshire, he did the same thing for the pdc apparently, as nobody knows what that was either i'd guess it failed lol

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

You mean Andrew Devonshire, who used to be a member on here?

Oh dear. The man behind We Love Darts magazine, wasnt he? How is that going these days? :D
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

https://twitter.com/a_devonshire180
Founder of The PDPA Fanzone
WTF?!?!
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote:You mean Andrew Devonshire, who used to be a member on here?

Oh dear. The man behind We Love Darts magazine, wasnt he? How is that going these days? :D
They still 'owe' me a couple of issues. Postman not delivering any.

bit on real fanatics folks have been asking for more info but no answers given. Apart from the clue is in the title.

what was the name of the b do forum (was it official?). It got about 1 post a week. I was a member!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:

bit on real fanatics folks have been asking for more info but no answers given. Apart from the clue is in the title.

what was the name of the b do forum (was it official?). It got about 1 post a week. I was a member!
BDO Forums, believe it or not....

And no, it was never "official".
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:https://twitter.com/a_devonshire180
Founder of The PDPA Fanzone
WTF?!?!
That was mentioned on here a few times in regards with the marking scheme.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

The "I know something you dont" brigade will love this.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Rout wrote:The "I know something you dont" brigade will love this.
Leave Paulyboy alone! :WWWW:
Big Jock Knew
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Ginge wrote:
devosteve wrote:

That was originally run by Steve Douglas and was never official....it was actually good until they made everybody post under their real name...and everybody stopped posting !

Don't rate the chances of this Fanzone much if it's official ..hardly going to get any juicy gossip or meaty discussions on an official site are you...anything remotely controversial or interesting will be nipped in the bud and got rid of ....
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

trotter wrote:
That was originally run by Steve Douglas and was never official....it was actually good until they made everybody pist under their real name
Big Jock Knew
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Ginge wrote:
trotter wrote:
That was originally run by Steve Douglas and was never official....it was actually good until they made everybody pist under their real name

Very good ☺

I Amended that within seconds as well !!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

trotter wrote:
Ginge wrote:
trotter wrote:

Very good ☺

I Amended that within seconds as well !!
You have to get up very early in the morning to catch me out...

Just dont understand why they cant just utilise the main @BDODarts account more. Taking a look on there there they havent actually composed a Tweet for two weeks now, a handful of Retweets since then.
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: "BDO Fanzone"

Post by Rout »

trotter wrote:
Ginge wrote:
devosteve wrote:

That was originally run by Steve Douglas and was never official....it was actually good until they made everybody post under their real name...and everybody stopped posting !
I might be imagining this but I thought there was someone who ran it before Steve?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
WCDPA
International

Re: RE: Re:

Post by WCDPA »

Rout wrote:
trotter wrote:
Ginge wrote:
devosteve wrote:

I might be imagining this but I thought there was someone who ran it before Steve?
There was can't think of who it was though , I remember when Steve took over you had to post under your own name ! I remember being accused of being the PDC propaganda officer .
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

I was really expecting a comedic picture showing the "BDO Fanzone" ;-)