International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re:

Post by Rout »

WCDPA wrote:
Rout wrote:
trotter wrote:
Ginge wrote:
devosteve wrote:
They still 'owe' me a couple of issues. Postman not delivering any.

bit on real fanatics folks have been asking for more info but no answers given. Apart from the clue is in the title.

what was the name of the b do forum (was it official?). It got about 1 post a week. I was a member!
BDO Forums, believe it or not....

And no, it was never "official".
That was originally run by Steve Douglas and was never official....it was actually good until they made everybody post under their real name...and everybody stopped posting !
I might be imagining this but I thought there was someone who ran it before Steve?
There was can't think of who it was though , I remember when Steve took over you had to post under your own name ! I remember being accused of being the PDC propaganda officer .
Yeah it's doing my head in trying to think who did it before Steve.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Re: "BDO Fanzone"

Post by Ginge »

Was it someone who had a surname like Leatherbarrow? Seems to ring a bell.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

If you look on webarchive this is the earliest recording of the site:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110726023 ... ntact.aspx
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: "BDO Fanzone"

Post by Rout »

Ginge wrote:Was it someone who had a surname like Leatherbarrow? Seems to ring a bell.
I thought he did it alongside Steve later on then took it on when Steve sacked it off.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: "BDO Fanzone"

Post by Ginge »

Rout wrote:
Ginge wrote:Was it someone who had a surname like Leatherbarrow? Seems to ring a bell.
I thought he did it alongside Steve later on then took it on when Steve sacked it off.
Ah yes. In which god knows who did it before those two.
Big Jock Knew
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

It is a mystery why he won't explain what it is. Or is this a case of that mysterious nature will draw people to join up? Who am I kidding...
Dazzla501
Steady Sixties

Post by Dazzla501 »

As far as I recall The BDO Forum was looked after by a chap called Dave Wykes (alongside another guy who's name I can't recall at the moment).

Dave was a very good dart player, both playing and managing at Warwickshire County level as well as playing a big part in the Coventry and Midland Opens over a number of years. Dave is very sadly no longer with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

The problem with BDO Forums was that it was effectively bowing to everything IDPA wanted, you could get some great discussion but if you happened to say anything someone didn't like you would get a threatening PM from IDPA or he would get the thread deleted. We are talking inocuous comments here.

It was never the same after they messed with the layout, made it unreadable.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:The problem with BDO Forums was that it was effectively bowing to everything IDPA wanted, you could get some great discussion but if you happened to say anything someone didn't like you would get a threatening PM from IDPA or he would get the thread deleted. We are talking inocuous comments here.

I remember the time when Rout did the interview with John Walton a few years back where Walton said he had an exemption for Lakeside.

Because Rout is useless pygmy dolescum he never clarified this comment with Walton at the time of the interview so you went over to BDO Forums to try and get some clarity and you got a threatening PM from Fatz within minutes :D
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Re: RE: Re:

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:The problem with BDO Forums was that it was effectively bowing to everything IDPA wanted, you could get some great discussion but if you happened to say anything someone didn't like you would get a threatening PM from IDPA or he would get the thread deleted. We are talking inocuous comments here.

I remember the time when Rout did the interview with John Walton a few years back where Walton said he had an exemption for Lakeside.

Because Rout is useless pygmy dolescum he never clarified this comment with Walton at the time of the interview so you went over to BDO Forums to try and get some clarity and you got a threatening PM from Fatz within minutes :D
Aye, legal action blah blah blah!

Had quite a few merry exchanges as he would not post on the forum itself but PM the poster directly.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Fatz was a truly awful man. and he had Steve Egerton in his pocket before his death. Jacklins have taken over in more ways then 1
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Now now, you can't say a bad word against him now he's dead. Logic I'm sure they won't apply to everyone.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

The players union is something drastically needed on that side of the game imo. A proper well run one though.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

They need a discipline officer too, someone not afraid to get his hands dirty and issue some proper slappings to the haters.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Rout wrote:The players union is something drastically needed on that side of the game imo. A proper well run one though.
Would never be allowed to have any influence or clout, the board would never give away any power.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:They need a discipline officer too, someone not afraid to get his hands dirty and issue some proper slappings to the haters.
Many, many haters out there........
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Rout wrote:The players union is something drastically needed on that side of the game imo. A proper well run one though.
yes. Hopefully run by people with no vested interest in the outcomes. Should be a mediator and spokesperson for the players as a whole.
UKDA 4 Life
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

nikkiboy wrote:
Would never be allowed to have any influence or clout, the board would never give away any power.
If it was done right there would reach a point where they'd have no choice but to listen. Like any union can influence such power.

Wouldn't olly still be in power if he had the choice?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Just been reminded the guy behind this "fanzone" thing was liking Warren Browns demented Tweets until the bitter end, so make of that what you will.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Evidence?
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021