Isle of Man Darts Festival 9-12 March 2017, Douglas.

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
oche balboa
International

Re: Isle of Man Darts Festival 9-12 March 2017, Douglas.

Post by oche balboa »

Winmau do a good job
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:Winmau do a good job of stealing other peoples streams and passing them off as their own, claiming all the credit in the process
Aye.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Winmau do a good job of stealing other peoples streams and passing them off as their own, claiming all the credit in the process
Aye.
:grin:
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Ross does seem to think that you can just rip any old international footage from YouTube and use that to promote this event. Not sure he realises how lucky he is that he and his team mates are on telly at all this weekend.
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: Isle of Man Darts Festival 9-12 March 2017, Douglas.

Post by Rout »

markymark wrote:Ross does seem to think that you can just rip any old international footage from YouTube and use that to promote this event. Not sure he realises how lucky he is that he and his team mates are on telly at all this weekend.
People like him are massive part of the problem.

Never, ever stops moaning. But what do they do about it?

Fuck off to the pdc if you don't like it. If you don't want to, don't swan around like you expect to be treat like darting royalty because you think you are one of the 'names'. Maybe think about being pro active about encouraging or forcing change. Why don't the players get together and form a proper union with some influence to collectively speak up and positively encourage changes.

A total ego maniac that guy.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Rout wrote:
markymark wrote:Ross does seem to think that you can just rip any old international footage from YouTube and use that to promote this event. Not sure he realises how lucky he is that he and his team mates are on telly at all this weekend.

fek off to the pdc if you don't like it. If you don't want to, don't swan around like you expect to be treat like darting royalty because you think you are one of the 'names'. Maybe think about being pro active about encouraging or forcing change. Why don't the players get together and form a proper union with some influence to collectively speak up and positively encourage changes.

I believe they did something similar in 1992.... ;)
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Isle of Man Darts Festival 9-12 March 2017, Douglas.

Post by Rout »

Mgt wrote:
Rout wrote:

fek off to the pdc if you don't like it. If you don't want to, don't swan around like you expect to be treat like darting royalty because you think you are one of the 'names'. Maybe think about being pro active about encouraging or forcing change. Why don't the players get together and form a proper union with some influence to collectively speak up and positively encourage changes.

It's not rebellion. It just needs the gap bridging between the players and the board. At the moment that gap is far too big and the communication is none existent.

The stalwarts should do more pro actively to force a change there. If they all participated in being a collective voice, it means when you are knocking on the door for answers the knock can't be ignored.

Instead they choose whinging in Facebook.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

For the record the German Open venue has been changed today something to do with fire regs etc on the BDO website .
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

WCDPA wrote:For the record the German Open venue has been changed today something to do with fire regs etc on the BDO website .
Wonder where they went for the tent? Is Blacks still open? :D
Big Jock Knew
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Ginge wrote:
WCDPA wrote:For the record the German Open venue has been changed today something to do with fire regs etc on the BDO website .
Wonder if anybody gives the Germans stick like EDO get for the marquee at Selsey ?
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote:
:grin:
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Rout wrote:
Mgt wrote:
Rout wrote:

It's not rebellion. It just needs the gap bridging between the players and the board. At the moment that gap is far too big and the communication is none existent.

The stalwarts should do more pro actively to force a change there. If they all participated in being a collective voice, it means when you are knocking on the door for answers the knock can't be ignored.

I don't know whether it would make a lot of difference with this board though. I've got the feeling they try to make things work, but are just really incompetent. Being pressured by the players won't magically hand them the skills and know how to do their job properly.

Imo what the BDO needs is this board to realise they're in over their heads, step down, and an experienced and capable management to step in. I wouldn't for the life of me know who should do it and why they'd bother though.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

Mgt wrote:
Rout wrote:
Mgt wrote:
Rout wrote:

I don't know whether it would make a lot of difference with this board though. I've got the feeling they try to make things work, but are just really incompetent. Being pressured by the players won't magically hand them the skills and know how to do their job properly.

Imo what the BDO needs is this board to realise they're in over their heads, step down, and an experienced and capable management to step in. I wouldn't for the life of me know who should do it and why they'd bother though.
especially when they would certainly get slagged off on here & have all there judgements & decisions questioned by people on here , ringing up venues as a way of occupying there time & filling there empty lives, theres nothing wrong with constructive criticism but thats in short supply, its enough to put any sane person off wanting to make an effort really
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Mgt wrote:
Rout wrote:
Mgt wrote:
Rout wrote:

This is a good post, and one which I completely agree with. The current BDO board are probably full of good intentions and are genuinely trying to make a success of their organisation.

However their competence to run that business is the issue, and one which unfortunately, can only be resolved by them stepping aside and allowing proper business executives to run the organisation in a professional manner.

For me, their credibility is shot. We have had a board member visit the home and workplace of forum administrators, and been shafted by a charlatan calked Warren Brown, due to a complete lack of due diligence, before entrusting him to be the custodian of both their product and reputation.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Isle of Man Darts Festival 9-12 March 2017, Douglas.

Post by Ginge »

only85 wrote:
Mgt wrote:
Rout wrote:
Mgt wrote:
Rout wrote: People like him are massive part of the problem.

especially when they would certainly get slagged off on here & have all there judgements & decisions questioned by people on here , ringing up venues as a way of occupying there time & filling there empty lives, theres nothing wrong with constructive criticism but thats in short supply, its enough to put any sane person off wanting to make an effort really
Are you actually ok?
Big Jock Knew
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

only85 wrote:
Mgt wrote:
Rout wrote:
Mgt wrote:

Do you really think forums, or Facebook groups for that matter, have such an impact? I doubt it, every football manager, player or director would have gone stark raving mad by now if that were the case.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Isle of Man Darts Festival 9-12 March 2017, Douglas.

Post by Ginge »

Mgt wrote:
only85 wrote:
Mgt wrote:
Rout wrote:
Mgt wrote:

Do you really think forums, or Facebook groups for that matter, have such an impact? I doubt it, every football manager, player or director would have gone stark raving mad by now if that were the case.
No no no no forums are to blame for everything, Auntie Sue blamed them first for the WDT having to be moved from Manchester last year before actually revealing the real proper reasons later on in the letter she sent out ;)
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Mgt wrote:
Rout wrote:
Mgt wrote:
Rout wrote:

Paragraph 2 answers Paragraph 1.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Rout wrote:
Mgt wrote:
Rout wrote:
Mgt wrote:

Paragraph 2 answers Paragraph 1.
So how would a players union help? I doubt the likes of Addams, O'Shea, Montgomery or Fitton (despite the best intentions) would have anything useful to add to the governing of the BDO, nor do I think they move in the same social circles as suave businessmen and capable managers. Imo it would just be adding more people who haven't got a clue what should be done.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Adams has been there and done that anyway, doubt he wants to do it again.
Big Jock Knew