BlueSpark
International

Re: Winmau World Masters

Post by BlueSpark »

ifm wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Murphio wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
markymark wrote:It's almost desperation to still promote him as a star.
Yes I agree.
Went to an exhibition and paid £50 for the privilege of meeting them.
The others strolling round chatting, posing for photos etc.
Fordham sat on a chair, 3 buds on the table, if you wanted a photo, didn't even get up.
Recently?
This was about 3/4 years ago.
Was under the impression that he was off the booze, after reading his autobiography and reading the media.
Was shocked to see him in that state, the last time I saw him he was skinnier and gaunt.
Could not believe how lazy he was.
MVG, Hankey, Wade, Nicholson etc milling around, chatted to all of them.
He couldn't even be bothered to get up off the chair. Almost shocking to see how big he was.
As an aside, Ted was on the piss and out the front smoking the entire time, lost straightaway on the exbo and immediately fekked off in his van.
Are you sure it was alcohol?
Not doubting you but every time i have seen him, 8 or 9 times, he was drinking caliber, in Ireland a few years back he was in a small room on his own and there must have been 30 empty bottles of the stuff around him.
Unless Budweiser do non alcoholic beer?
Only remember, as it's what I drink and I was on it as well.
Genuinely not a trolling attempt from me, if it was non alcoholic then I wasn't aware.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidB wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
DavidB wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:It would be hilarious if the Number 1 seed in the 2nd biggest BDO major lost to the PDC number 84.
Please let it happen.
The fanatics will be apoplectic.

Will you be so happy if he plays Lakeside instead of Ally Pally?
I couldn't give a toss.
He has come through the entire field to be here, as it should be. For that reason, I want him to win.
And for the reason above.
Obviously.

So you do give a toss then???

And I'll ask again, will you be so happy if he decides to play Lakeside instead of Ally Pally? Furthermore, will you eat humble pie???
What flavour pie should Bluespark eat, David?

Oh, hang on....
Big Jock Knew
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

ifm wrote:Ahh the professional v amateur argument, look folks until one org is fully professional then they are both amateur, it's really quite simple.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Bumped to jog ifm's memory.....
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
ifm wrote:Ahh the professional v amateur argument, look folks until one org is fully professional then they are both amateur, it's really quite simple.

One is describing an organisation or the players within that organisation, the other is the name of an event.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Addicks Fan wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:

One is describing an organisation or the players within that organisation, the other is the name of an event.
Fair enough, so we all agree the name of the event is misleading then
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:

As is the name of an ORG......
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

ifm wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:

Ha ha fair enough. I actually don't mind Lakeside using the word Professional in it's event name given the decent amount of prize money on offer. The man who wins it will earn more in 9 days than I'm likely to earn in 3 years at my current job.
I was just having a bit of a laugh because I struggle with your definition of what makes a sport / organisation / event "professional" or not.
I mean, I imagine Tommy Fleetwood and his 4 million Euros in prize money on the European PGA tour this year would be surprised to find he doesn't play a professional tour because there's a Spanish lad playing the same tour who has won less than 1,000 Euros in that time.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
ifm wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Bumped to jog ifm's memory.....
Ha ha fair enough. I actually don't mind Lakeside using the word Professional in it's event name given the decent amount of prize money on offer. The man who wins it will earn more in 9 days than I'm likely to earn in 3 years at my current job.
I was just having a bit of a laugh because I struggle with your definition of what makes a sport / organisation / event "professional" or not.
I mean, I imagine Tommy Fleetwood and his 4 million Euros in prize money on the European PGA tour this year would be surprised to find he can't be called a professional because there's a Spanish lad playing the same tour who has won less than 1,000 Euros in that time.
My definition with darts would be where the majority of the top 64 made their living out of it, I have said before though that I think the "professional" in PDC is more to do with the organisation itself and the way they conduct themselves and their events.
The thing is it's the PDC that whine about the word in the Lakeside title (and the gimps on here) because they have stolen the lead from the BDO and want to be known as professional, fair enough but it wasn't an issue in 1994 and may not be in 2034, I don't recall the BDO calling for them to change their name when they first used it.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

ifm wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
ifm wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
I mean, I imagine Tommy Fleetwood and his 4 million Euros in prize money on the European PGA tour this year would be surprised to find he can't be called a professional because there's a Spanish lad playing the same tour who has won less than 1,000 Euros in that time.
My definition with darts would be where the majority of the top 64 made their living out of it, I have said before though that I think the "professional" in PDC is more to do with the organisation itself and the way they conduct themselves and their events.
The thing is it's the PDC that whine about the word in the Lakeside title (and the gimps on here) because they have stolen the lead from the BDO and want to be known as professional, fair enough but it wasn't an issue in 1994 and may not be in 2034, I don't recall the BDO calling for them to change their name when they first used it.
Fair enough. I understand more what you were getting at originally now.
I've no issue with any sports organisation using the word "professional" was long as a decent number of participants have regular opportunities to make some decent money to supplement any income they may have from elsewhere.
I certainly don't think the vast majority of players need to have their sport as their only source of income for the term to apply.