Winmau World Masters

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Booji Boy
International

Re: RE: Re: Winmau World Masters

Post by Booji Boy »

ifm wrote:
oche balboa wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:A tournament that pays out less money than a PC Event is no longer a major.

Yet its the oldest major. It will remain a major, no one really cares what a johnny come lately darts fan thinks
Precisely, what has prize money got to do with it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
What are your thoughts on the failure to get this on tv and the moving of it to midweek?
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Winmau World Masters

Post by ifm »

Booji Boy wrote:
ifm wrote:
oche balboa wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:A tournament that pays out less money than a PC Event is no longer a major.

Yet its the oldest major. It will remain a major, no one really cares what a johnny come lately darts fan thinks

What are your thoughts on the failure to get this on tv and the moving of it to midweek?
Firstly it's old news, it's just further evidence of the gross incompetence of the current board, no real point moaning about it over and over again to get bites from people who agree its a disgrace, nobody is interested, the counties won't react, even the biggest voices were only interested in themselves and made no attempt to cut the rot away, leave em to it I say.
I'll watch it work permitting and I'll enjoy it if I do as it's variety, it's unpredictable and it will have new or little known faces.

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

ifm wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
ifm wrote:
oche balboa wrote:

Firstly it's old news, it's just further evidence of the gross incompetence of the current board, no real point moaning about it over and over again to get bites from people who agree its a disgrace, nobody is interested, the counties won't react, even the biggest voices were only interested in themselves and made no attempt to cut the rot away, leave em to it I say.
I'll watch it work permitting and I'll enjoy it if I do as it's variety, it's unpredictable and it will have new or little known faces.

I will watch it and thoroughly enjoy it. But it is so sad to see this marvelous historic competition reduced to what it is now. Truly sad.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ifm wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
ifm wrote:
oche balboa wrote:

Has Ian's account been hacked? :grin:

Hard to disagree with any of that, leaves a bitter taste that's for sure
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Re: Winmau World Masters

Post by Ginge »

Nobody mention old news ever again, please.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Sad to see the oldest 'major' in darts being sidelined, marginalised and condemned to no TV, no audience, no prize money and a midweek final by the BDO board.
The people who should care (The 'members), but don't are entirely to blame for this. They just let the Williams' get on with it with no recourse and no real scrutiny.
Pathetic and dire.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:Nobody mention old news ever again, please.
This is what you don't get, something is reported, everyone has their say and it fades away, except you continually bring it up over and over and over because you think you are scoring points.
For example the wdt viewing figures, everyone knew they were going to be rubbish, nobody ever disagreed that it was poor coverage but you still banged on and on and on for months about it.
Then you decide people that are bored with you are defending it so carry on and on and on again.
So I expect you to keep revisiting this, probably make up a few opposing views to argue against and bore the hell out of everyone.
So I mention it's old news because it is, this was confirmed months ago and you posted manically about it then.

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Skewball wrote:Sad to see the oldest 'major' in darts being sidelined, marginalised and condemned to no TV, no audience, no prize money and a midweek final by the BDO board.
The people who should care (The 'members), but don't are entirely to blame for this. They just let the Williams' get on with it with no recourse and no real scrutiny.
Pathetic and dire.
It would be interesting to know exactly what Winmau think of the way this has declined
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

nikkiboy wrote:
Skewball wrote:Sad to see the oldest 'major' in darts being sidelined, marginalised and condemned to no TV, no audience, no prize money and a midweek final by the BDO board.
Pathetic and dire.
It would be interesting to know exactly what Winmau think of the way this has declined
It's a weird one isn't it, winmau have stuck with the bdo unwaveringly throughout all the incompetence.
I'd have thought they'd just walk away but I guess the bdo still has the biggest footprint worldwide in darts.

Madsocks
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Pathetic and dire.
It's a weird one isn't it, winmau have stuck with the bdo unwaveringly throughout all the incompetence.
I'd have thought they'd just walk away but I guess the bdo still has the biggest footprint worldwide in darts.

try to order a WINMAU Dartboard without the BDO sign on it... 8-)
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Pathetic and dire.
The prize money was never great, but the lack of tv is a real shame
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Well that's the mentality of the bdo and it's loyal family members.

Warren and the new era: shh. Not to be mentioned. That subject no longer relevant.

Wdt: absolute farce. That's history. So shut up about it.

des J's pre board social media posts. Please don't refer to them.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Addicks Fan wrote:
Pathetic and dire.
The prize money was never great, but the lack of tv is a real shame

The Prize money, relatively speaking, is decent, especially in comparison with years ago when the runner up would get a fraction of the winners amount and no prize money beyond the quarter finalists, if I remember correctly. The lack of TV coverage, on the other hand, is a fucking disgrace.
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

devosteve wrote:

Warren and the new era: shh. Not to be mentioned. That subject no longer relevant.

History is there to reflect upon and learn from, people who don't do that are doomed to repeat mistakes and live in their own bubble of ignorance and complacency.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

As we've seen though, TV at all costs isn't really worth it. Did being on Premier help the event at all last year?
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

devosteve wrote:

There's a difference between not mentioning something and mentioning something in every discussion.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
malcy93 wrote:Remember the new Freeview sports channel owned by the guys behind Premier Sports is supposed to launch end August. So before the Masters.

No news yet on what it will be covering. May be a reason for this being midweek as that tends to be when there is least competing live sport.
Their promises with zero advertising seems interesting. Apparently going be showing football on freeview every night of the week
It seems the football they have rights to via their owners Premier Sports is Belgium and Republic of Ireland football league games. So ones Sky or BT weren't interested in.
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

Bit more news on the Free Sports channel. No mention of BDO yet. Given they are on the look out for free and cheap sports you would hope the BDO are talking to them.
https://www.freesports.tv/

FreeSports is a new TV channel dedicated to bringing free sport back to 22 million UK homes through the Freeview Ch:95, Sky Ch:424, Virgin Ch:TBC, Freesat Ch:252, TalkTalk Ch:95 and BT Ch:95 Platforms.

For too long top quality sport has been locked behind a paywall, but now FreeSports aims to break this barrier and bring live sport back to the masses.
Our ever growing sports line up includes; Football - Rugby League - Tennis - Ice Hockey - MMA - Basketball - Cricket - Speedway - Nascar - Athletics - Wrestling... and lots more world class action brought to you in partnership with some of sports' leading rights holders including; IMG, MP Silva, Lagardere, Pitch & Infront.
Televised sport is back where it belongs, Live and Free on FreeSports - because sport is better free!
Launching this September
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

malcy93 wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
malcy93 wrote:Remember the new Freeview sports channel owned by the guys behind Premier Sports is supposed to launch end August. So before the Masters.

No news yet on what it will be covering. May be a reason for this being midweek as that tends to be when there is least competing live sport.
Their promises with zero advertising seems interesting. Apparently going be showing football on freeview every night of the week
It seems the football they have rights to via their owners Premier Sports is Belgium and Republic of Ireland football league games. So ones Sky or BT weren't interested in.
They dont have anything to do with Premier sports, its 2 guys who used to work for them that are the directors.
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
malcy93 wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

They dont have anything to do with Premier sports, its 2 guys who used to work for them that are the directors.
They do. Look at all the rights they claim they have on the link I posted.

NHL, NASCAR, NRL, GAA (non Sky games). These rights are all owned exclusively in the UK by Premier Sports.

So either they have bought Premier Sports UK (Remember in Ireland it's now own by EIR the cable company) and this is what it converts to, or it's a taster channel which will show some of the above live hoping you pay and upgrade to Premier Sports to see more live coverage.