Winmau World Masters

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Winmau World Masters

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:Adams and McKinstry in the same group. Is this draw right as i believe 17-32 would have been the Board seeds
Someone elsewhere has pointed out that Waites and Noppert are both missing. Can't have both been top 16 at the cutoff surely
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ginge wrote:
26scored wrote:Who are the top 16?
Currently:

1 McGeeney 369
2 Durrant 361
3 Hughes 328
4 Mitchell 321
5 Veenstra 275
6 Monty 272
7 De Vos 269
8 Menzies 257
9 Harms 250
10 Renyolds 249
11= Williams 248
11= Phillips 248
13 Hurrell 244
14 Waites 243
15 Baetens 240
16 Mandingers 239
-----
17 Fitton 234
18 Kenny 233
19 McKinstry 225
20 Baker 221

I have removed points to be defended this weekend, therefore Kenny and Baker move out of the provisional Top 16 and need good results again this weekend.
This was the top 16 before the final qualification weekend. Noppert nowhere to be seen and as far as I know he didn't play that weekend.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Re: Winmau World Masters

Post by devosteve »

wayne D commenting on a post by Des. I can't read the Des post. What has des said (original fanatics).

Des oh dear
Looks like you might be getting a little frustrated from within, I do hope the tournament director isn't getting involved with others jobs more than he should be.
But then again he always has, I hope he's not telling lies again Des, but mind you he's good at that too.
Must be hard with Mrs Williams backing him up too.
If only he kept to his job all along, I would imagine the BDO would be in a far better place now ....
I wish you all the best, I really do,
I think you should go for the main job on the board and have a rethink from start to finish
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

De Vos & Baetens not in seeds or draw either
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Looks like Noppert and Baetens aren't playing.

Doesn't explain why Adams and McKinstry are in the same group through.

Deeeeeesssss!!!
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Booji Boy wrote:Jeezo. Another thread ruined by Ifm making himself look foolish again.
Troll off

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

oche balboa wrote:Adams and McKinstry in the same group. Is this draw right as i believe 17-32 would have been the Board seeds
They only talk about 1 - 16 in the rules so everyone else is part of an open draw. Don't know if that's a change?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Addicks Fan wrote:
They only talk about 1 - 16 in the rules so everyone else is part of an open draw. Don't know if that's a change?
The rules also make no mention of exemptions to the last 16 and also states the Last 32 and 16 is best of 7 sets...
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

I've always thought that 17-32 are the seeds on each board.

Anyone have last years grid?

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:I've always thought that 17-32 are the seeds on each board.

Anyone have last years grid?
You are right about last year but Addicks is right, there is no mention of it in this year's rules but as I said the format is probably wrong and there is nothing said about exemptions.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

It been said that 2 of the seeds didnt confirm entry. maybe opting to go to Japan instead.

A farce.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:It been said that 2 of the seeds didnt confirm entry. maybe opting to go to Japan instead.

A farce.
Doesn't explain the 17-32 seed thing though.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

http://www.bdodarts.com/images/bdo-cont ... r20165.pdf

This confirms that (17-32) were seeds on the group

markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

devosteve wrote:wayne D commenting on a post by Des. I can't read the Des post. What has des said (original fanatics).

Des oh dear
Looks like you might be getting a little frustrated from within, I do hope the tournament director isn't getting involved with others jobs more than he should be.
But then again he always has, I hope he's not telling lies again Des, but mind you he's good at that too.
If only he kept to his job all along, I would imagine the BDO would be in a far better place now ....
I think you should go for the main job on the board and have a rethink from start to finish
Des:
I will answer this , with a simple, I don’t know , and tbf , why would I? The person to ask is the tournament director, I have to make everyone aware, I don’t work this way, I do my job and don’t get to much involved with other people’s job, and I expect them to do their job and not to get involved with mine. On the understanding that we are all doing our own job properly, the whole thing should work. Although I will help where I can and answer as many questions as I can .

Can I also say , since taking on this position within the BDO, I am inundated with questions and requests that quite honestly are nothing to do with me, don’t get me wrong , I’m not complaining, just keeping it real !!

Get this, I’m laid in 30’c heat on the beach in Spain, and I receive 2 questions from 2 different people, as follows,

Hey Des, where the best place to park in Bridlington for the Spa ? !!!!!!!!’

What’s the telephone number of the ‘Chinky’ across the road from the Spa ???

Come on people wtf !!!
(Not sure I'd refer to a takeaway as that, even if quoting someone.)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

markymark wrote:
devosteve wrote:wayne D commenting on a post by Des. I can't read the Des post. What has des said (original fanatics).

Des oh dear
Des:
I will answer this , with a simple, I don’t know , and tbf , why would I? The person to ask is the tournament director, I have to make everyone aware, I don’t work this way, I do my job and don’t get to much involved with other people’s job, and I expect them to do their job and not to get involved with mine. On the understanding that we are all doing our own job properly, the whole thing should work. Although I will help where I can and answer as many questions as I can .

Can I also say , since taking on this position within the BDO, I am inundated with questions and requests that quite honestly are nothing to do with me, don’t get me wrong , I’m not complaining, just keeping it real !!

Get this, I’m laid in 30’c heat on the beach in Spain, and I receive 2 questions from 2 different people, as follows,

Come on people wtf !!!
At least he confirms his role has a narrow remit so he can't have been responsible for getting the TV coverage ;)
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

markymark wrote:

Des oh dear
Des:

Come on people wtf !!!
He isn't Dilligaf for no reason.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Dave whelan (chairman of Wigan athletic) basically was put under a lot of pressure for describing Chinese folks with that term. A term every person in Wigan would have used on the past. And it never had any racist connotations at all.

des is just quoting though.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

devosteve wrote:Dave whelan (chairman of Wigan athletic) basically was put under a lot of pressure for describing Chinese folks with that term. A term every person in Wigan would have used on the past. And it never had any racist connotations at all.

des is just quoting though.
He is Devo, and that doesn't make him automatically racist. However those in positions of authority need to understand the implications of their comments and actions.

I have on numerous occasions castigated Wayne Williams for his conduct, and in all fairness, Des acts little better. These guys are meant to be executives within their organisation, but they consistently embarrass both themselves, and the business they represent by their crass behaviour.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

If it's Yips Chinese Restaurant it's 01262 605338. :french
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

So they don't start all from round 1 as glen 1st thought are they playing last 32 sane day as other floor matches or is Tuesday morning