2017 PDC Grand Slam of Darts, Wolverhampton 11-19 November

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
el_ringo
County Player

Re: BDO Race to the Grand Slam 2017

Post by el_ringo »

Nice to see Ross is doing the honourable thing and avoiding the BDO board having to make a difficult decision over a potential invitation.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Well thats bollocks thats the rolling table. The seasonal is the one to look at
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Didn't Ross make the latter stages of an event at the weekend?
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Re: 2017 PDC Grand Slam of Darts, Wolverhampton 11-19 November

Post by oche balboa »

Actual Table is on the Lakeside thread

MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

IMG_4312.PNG
IMG_4312.PNG (187.52 KiB) Viewed 2333 times
Ginge
International

Re: RE: BDO Race to the Grand Slam 2017

Post by Ginge »

MancheStar wrote:Current table of non qualified players (off darts database)

1 - Mark McGeeney 369
2 - Jamie Hughes 331
3 - Scott Mitchell 302
4 - Geert de Vos 277
5 - Dean Reynolds 277
6 - Richard Veenstra 277
7 - Ross Montgomery 271
8 - Wesley Harms 266
9 - James Hurrell 258
10 - Martin Phillips 248

BDO Events remaining before the cut off date

Aug 19th Swedish Open
Aug 20th Scottish Classic
Aug 27th French Open
Sep 8-10th English Classic, English Masters
Sep 23rd British Classic
Sep 24th British Open
You missed off the Spanish events first weekend of September.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: 2017 PDC Grand Slam of Darts, 11-19 November

Post by ifm »

phil davies wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
oche balboa wrote:
billyd wrote:Surely now that they distinguish group seperation by order of merit, that they should allow all pc winners in and only fill the amount of qualifiers needed rather than 8 outright? I would rather have Joe Cullen or Rob Cross in it through actually winning a tournament than another Nathan Derry

I agree. But PDPA members needs something else to fight for, GSOD Qualifiers is one of them
And as it is now a ranking tournament, I guess it is only fair that all Tour Card holders get a viable opportunity to qualify.
Stupid arguement I've said this before and will say it agin they should have kept the qualifying the same as before it was ranked for the PDC players. I like the BDO hving 8 players one in each group but the 24 PDC players should be the winners and runners up of the competitions. This only fair stuff is just bollocks they have multiple chances to qualify by winning something. The qualifiers just throw up a load of rubbish as was shown last year and should only be used as a last resort if the 24 places are not filled.
Not only is that bollocks it's proven bollocks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Tables not out yet but the lastest GSOD race

McGeeney 362
Mitchell 337
Hughes 301
Montgomery 275
De Vos 265
--------------------------
Hurrell 258
Harms 248

oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Events left

27-28th Aug: French Open (After the cutoff for world masters)

Sept 8th-10th English Classic, Masters

Sept 23-24th British Open & Classic
Last edited by oche balboa on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

Must say Ross looks a shoe in with 4 events to go
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: 2017 PDC Grand Slam of Darts, Wolverhampton 11-19 November

Post by Ginge »

MancheStar wrote:Must say Ross looks a shoe in with 4 events to go
Last weekend has 2 events so 5 left.
Big Jock Knew
Addicks Fan
County Player

Re: RE: Re: 2017 PDC Grand Slam of Darts, Wolverhampton 11-19 November

Post by Addicks Fan »

Ginge wrote:
MancheStar wrote:Must say Ross looks a shoe in with 4 events to go
Last weekend has 2 events so 5 left.
Plus the Spanish Open which is Cat A+, and possibly the Winmau? Although I have a feeling they will add that on to next year, as the 2018 Masters is down for October.

Anyway, too early to confirm Monty yet!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:Tables not out yet but the lastest GSOD race

McGeeney 362
Mitchell 337
Hughes 301
Montgomery 275
De Vos 265
--------------------------
Hurrell 258
Harms 248
Well this is wrong as you merely added the Swedish Open points in, only Best 12 results count remember.

Actual "race" update is:

McGeeney 347 (lowest counting score is an 18)
Mitchell 321 (lowest counting score is a 16)
Hughes 301 (lowest counting score is a 15)
de Vos 265 (lowest counting score is a 12)
Montgomery 260 (lowest counting score is a 15 - Swedish Open was only his 12th= best score so he didnt gain anything)
--------------
Harms 248 (lowest counting score is an 12)
Hurrell 244 (lowest counting score is an 14)
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ah of course

billyd
Pub Champion

Re: 2017 PDC Grand Slam of Darts, 11-19 November

Post by billyd »

billyd wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
oche balboa wrote:
billyd wrote:Surely now that they distinguish group seperation by order of merit, that they should allow all pc winners in and only fill the amount of qualifiers needed rather than 8 outright? I would rather have Joe Cullen or Rob Cross in it through actually winning a tournament than another Nathan Derry

I agree. But PDPA members needs something else to fight for, GSOD Qualifiers is one of them
And as it is now a ranking tournament, I guess it is only fair that all Tour Card holders get a viable opportunity to qualify.
They have all had 12 months of viable opportunities to qualify, by winning. The PDC mocked the BDO's criteria in 2015 when there "best" 8 were not there and rightly so, and now this is exactly the same. They still have 3 months to rule change, let's hope they do
Bump.

As we speak, Kyle Anderson has won a TV event and a player's championship and still not qualified. But it's ok, someone who has done fek all all year can rock up at the qualifiers and make the last 8 and guarantee themselves at least 3 games in a major. Anderson, Beaton, Darren Webster, Cross and Cullen would all miss out on this after legit winning an event, the latter 2 winning a couple. For the love of god PLEASE change the criteria, its not too late
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

billyd wrote:
billyd wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
oche balboa wrote:

They have all had 12 months of viable opportunities to qualify, by winning. The PDC mocked the BDO's criteria in 2015 when there "best" 8 were not there and rightly so, and now this is exactly the same. They still have 3 months to rule change, let's hope they do
Bump.

As we speak, Kyle Anderson has won a TV event and a player's championship and still not qualified. But it's ok, someone who has done fek all all year can rock up at the qualifiers and make the last 8 and guarantee themselves at least 3 games in a major. Anderson, Beaton, Darren Webster, Cross and Cullen would all miss out on this after legit winning an event, the latter 2 winning a couple. For the love of god PLEASE change the criteria, its not too late
What tv event?

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Oh dear.
Big Jock Knew
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

The UK Open and the WS Finals are more than enough for floor cloggers to play on TV. The Grand Slam is a ranked event now, everyone who has won a tournament should get a place, and the only the remaining 2-3 places should be qualifiers.
MDA
Superleague Player

Post by MDA »

ifm wrote:
billyd wrote:
billyd wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
oche balboa wrote:

Bump.

What tv event?

I agree if you win an event you should be in hard with the WS as it's an invite only
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ifm wrote:
billyd wrote:
billyd wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
oche balboa wrote:

Bump.

What tv event?

He's on about the World Series exbo tour, these should not count in any rankings as they are invitational
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am