2017 PDC Grand Slam of Darts, Wolverhampton 11-19 November

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
WizardofozFan
County Player

Re: 2017 PDC Grand Slam of Darts, Wolverhampton 11-19 November

Post by WizardofozFan »

Taylor wouldn't be behaving like this if he played Peter Wright, Gary Anderson, Simon Whitlock, van Barneveld, why do you think that is?
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

He is a petulant child.
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

BlueSpark wrote:He is a petulant child.
Yes at times, at others hilarious & a good laugh, and most of the time he speaks the truth!
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

WizardofozFan wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:He is a petulant child.
Yes at times, at others hilarious & a good laugh, and most of the time he speaks the truth!
True in both aspects, you've just got to cherry pick the bits you want to give you more insight.

Mardle,whilst being a crap commentator,when he's doing an exhibition is honest as hell when you ask him decent questions. Quite happy to open up about the misery of doing the leisure centre tour, how Taylor will never be employed by Sky and that Corey Cadby was "allegedly" involved in an armed robbery.

I just wish interviewers came up with more interesting questions, as we've more televised darts, they should be working on their interview technique a lot more.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

On BDO website:

‘DUZZA’ JUST MISSES PERFECTION AS BDO PLAYERS ENJOY GRAND SLAM EXPERIENCE.

The 2017 bwin Grand Slam of Darts held at The Wolves Civic, Wolverhampton and shown live on Sky Sports once again involved eight of the very best players from the BDO Circuit. This unique event where BDO players lock horns with their PDC counterparts is always a refreshing and memorable experience and this years event was no different. BDO number one Mark McGeeney was making his debut in this years competition alongside Scotland’s Cameron Menzies and Ross Montgomery and BDO World Trophy Champion Peter Machin. The debutants joined Glen Durrant, Scott Mitchell, Jamie Hughes, and Danny Noppert. All eight BDO players enjoyed the experience and the opportunity of playing a minimum of three matches with seven of them tasting a win in at least one of their group matches. Scotland’s Montgomery had the unenviable task of facing PDC Number One Michael Van Gerwen in his opening game but refused to be ‘bossed’ by the Dutchman and gave a good account of himself despite going down to a 5-1 defeat. Lakeside World Champion Glen Durrant was the only BDO player to win his opening group match, defeating Peter Wright 5-2 in a high quality encounter. With the experience of having played on the big stage at The Wolves Civic in the first round of group games three more of the BDO lads followed Durrant and tasted a win in the Grand Slam of Darts. Montgomery bounced back from the defeat by Van Gerwen to show his true class with a deserving 5-3 win over Joe Murnan to keep his hopes of qualification alive. Also still very much in the event were Scott Mitchell, again a 5-3 winner over Jeffery de Zwaan and debutant Cameron Menzies, who showed what a bright prospect we all know he is with a brilliant 5-2 success over one of the form guys for the PDC in recent times Simon Whitlock. Glen Durrant made it two wins from two after he dispatched Alan Norris 5-3 to guarantee he progressed to the knockout stages in round two. Final round of group matches, could we have a couple more BDO players join Glen Durrant in the knockout stages. Scotland’s Cameron Menzies and former Lakeside World Champion Scott Mitchell came agonizingly close, just coming up short, Menzies losing to Berry Van Peer and Mitchell just missing out to Stephen Bunting both by a 5-4 scoreline. Cameron can be proud of his first taste of the Grand Slam though and no doubt will be gracing the Wolves Civic stage again in the future. Although already eliminated both Jamie Hughes and Peter Machin enjoyed their first wins, Hughes defeating Welshman Gerwyn Price 5-1 and Machin enjoying a 5-3 win over Robbie Green. Mark McGeeney failed to get a win in his three games but showed everyone the talent he has and he will bounce back much the stronger from this experience. Glen Durrant just failed to make it three wins from three after a 5-4 defeat to Cory Cadby but had the consolation of already being in the second round. All eyes were on Glen Durrant as the knockout stages of the Second Round of this years Grand Slam of Darts got underway and ‘Duzza’ didn’t disappoint, keeping his cool and composure to prove to strong and consistent for the PDC’s Dave Chisnall, 10-8 and Glen was through to the last 8, an incredible achievement in itself. Quarter Final time and Glen found himself in a rematch with Peter Wright. The pair met in their first group match with Glen triumphant 5-2, but this game was a marathon not a sprint, the first to 16 legs would progress to the semi finals. Glen didn’t start that well, whilst his scoring was good, he unusually missed double after double and despite trailing 3-2 at the first break, his woes on the doubles were to continue. Glen showed everyone though just we he’s the BDO World Champion, he never gave up and in leg 23 hit six perfect darts to trail Wright 14-9. Leg 25 and ‘Duzza’ was at it again, this time trailing 15-9 he landed back to back maximums to the delight of the Wolverhampton crowd and followed it with a seventh treble twenty, then treble nineteen to leave the double twelve for the perfect nine dart leg, he showed no nerves and didn’t hesitate and threw his 9th dart well only to see it land agonizingly on the outside of the double 12 wire, magnificent effort from Glen and he finished the leg in ten darts to keep the match alive. However Wright clinched the next leg to win 16-10 and book his semi final place but the plaudits went to Glen who showed everyone the undoubted talent he has. All eight BDO players can hold their heads up high, its been another highly enjoyable and memorable event for those players involved and they will all be striving to be a part of this tournament again next year.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

My eyes.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

who won!??! :DDD: :DDD:
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: 2017 PDC Grand Slam of Darts, Wolverhampton 11-19 November

Post by Ginge »

Murphio wrote:My eyes.
The carrier pigeon hasn't delivered the paragraphs to the Welsh industrial estate yet.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Good write up.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loca ... d-11560167

Ross ‘The Boss’ Montgomery admits he surpassed his own expectations at the Grand Slam of Darts – because he feared he would take a hammering at the televised tournament.

He said: “I went in there with my eyes wide open expecting to be leathered, but I proved a lot of people wrong.
“I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was relaxed and had a good time being part of the tournament for the first time.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

devosteve wrote:Can't watch it on Saturday night. Off to see Blondie at Manchester apollo. Sold out! ( Unlike lakeside!) :)
It was sold out as well. Touts trying to buy tickets outside.

what's the 'touting' situation at lakeside? 2 or 3 dodgy looking geezers (or are they just the Wednesday night forum folk?).
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
JOEY
Pub Champion

Post by JOEY »

BlueSpark wrote:
JOEY wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:I will set up a fantasy football league for the forum next year.
If anyone is interested in it.
Absolutely
Excellent.
I'll set one up.
Are you doing this mate? Can we chuck in a tenner or summat to make it even better....
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Christ.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

JOEY wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
JOEY wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:I will set up a fantasy football league for the forum next year.
Absolutely
Excellent.
I'll set one up.
Are you doing this mate? Can we chuck in a tenner or summat to make it even better....
I have no issue setting up a league.
Could make it a head to head one rather than total points. Much closer and stops someone running away with it.
Happy to play for money, depends if any other forum members show an interest.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Murphio wrote:Taylor is a horrible little bastard and a hypocrite. I'd love someone to react by telling him to go back to his motor home.... see how he'd like that. Childish aye but so is he. Re Daryl Gurney..... why should he have to play the way Taylor says he should? I seem to remember a three times world champion christened old stone face because of his lack of emotion on the oche.
Looking forward to him making Sky regret their decision to employ him at The Matchplay next week.

Cue swearing, name-dropping, disrespect to the participants and generally being an horrible excuse for a human.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

BlueSpark wrote:
JOEY wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
JOEY wrote:
Absolutely
Excellent.
I'll set one up.
I have no issue setting up a league.
Could make it a head to head one rather than total points. Much closer and stops someone running away with it.
Happy to play for money, depends if any other forum members show an interest.
Too right matey, let's stick some dosh in.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"