2017 PDC Grand Slam of Darts, Wolverhampton 11-19 November

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: 2017 PDC Grand Slam of Darts, Wolverhampton 11-19 November

Post by Ginge »

Oh Nick! He knew that ffs, welcome to his net.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:Oh Nick! He knew that ffs, welcome to his net.
It's IFM remember, what he says he knows or what you think he knows has no bearing on what he actually knows and he'll deny ever knowing what you knew he knew should you ever know exactly what he really knows.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Nikkiboy had the email again.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: 2017 PDC Grand Slam of Darts, Wolverhampton 11-19 November

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:Oh Nick! He knew that ffs, welcome to his net.
I thought he must have won something else that I'd missed is all.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:Nikkiboy had the email again.
Yup, ten pound a pill, but he thought that was a bargain so he bought 24.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Nikkiboy had the email again.
Yup, ten pound a pill, but he thought that was a bargain so he bought 24.
Although what difference sticking a little blue pill up your arse an hour before will do god knows
billyd
Pub Champion

Re: RE: Re: 2017 PDC Grand Slam of Darts, 11-19 November

Post by billyd »

nikkiboy wrote:
ifm wrote:
billyd wrote:
billyd wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
And as it is now a ranking tournament, I guess it is only fair that all Tour Card holders get a viable opportunity to qualify.
They have all had 12 months of viable opportunities to qualify, by winning. The PDC mocked the BDO's criteria in 2015 when there "best" 8 were not there and rightly so, and now this is exactly the same. They still have 3 months to rule change, let's hope they do
Bump.

As we speak, Kyle Anderson has won a TV event and a player's championship and still not qualified. But it's ok, someone who has done fek all all year can rock up at the qualifiers and make the last 8 and guarantee themselves at least 3 games in a major. Anderson, Beaton, Darren Webster, Cross and Cullen would all miss out on this after legit winning an event, the latter 2 winning a couple. For the love of god PLEASE change the criteria, its not too late
What tv event?

He's on about the World Series exbo tour, these should not count in any rankings as they are invitational
Dave Clarke: Welcome everyone to the GRAND SLAM of darts, everyone here has qualified by right by being successful in TV and Major events!

Joe Public: "Where's Kyle Anderson? I thought I saw him win an event on ITV4. Who is this Jonathon Worsley?"

Looks pretty stupid doesn't it?
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

billyd wrote:Dave Clarke: Welcome everyone to the GRAND SLAM of darts, everyone here has qualified by right by being successful in TV and Major events!

Joe Public: "Where's Kyle Anderson? I thought I saw him win an event on ITV4. Who is this Jonathon Worsley?"

Not as stupid as letting players qualify for ranking events by winning invitational ones
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
billyd wrote:Dave Clarke: Welcome everyone to the GRAND SLAM of darts, everyone here has qualified by right by being successful in TV and Major events!

Not as stupid as letting players qualify for ranking events by winning invitational ones
Like the Premier League and World Cup? Not being pedantic, but if Joe Public sees someone win something, they would expect them to be in a "winners" major, ranking or not
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

billyd wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:

Like the Premier League and World Cup? Not being pedantic, but if Joe Public sees someone win something, they would expect them to be in a "winners" major, ranking or not
I thought the world cup entrants were based on ranking? (Insert observation about Klaasen here)
If so, you can argue any winners have qualified for the Grand Slam by right.

For what it's worth, I agree the Premier League winner shouldn't get an automatic place, but it's arguably the most high profile PDC event after the World Championship thanks to it's length (meaning Sky spend a fortune plugging it) and the fact it goes on tour to so many different places. As such, it's easy to understand why the PL comes with a Grand Slam spot.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

In practice, the PL winner doesnt need a GSoD spot anyway give he is likely to qualify via another route, has a player ever had to rely on that to get him into the event in the history of the Slam? Barney maybe?
Big Jock Knew
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Ginge wrote:In practice, the PL winner doesnt need a GSoD spot anyway give he is likely to qualify via another route, has a player ever had to rely on that to get him into the event in the history of the Slam? Barney maybe?
That's kind of what I thought too. But even so, just the possibility of someone winning the PL via a wildcard and using that to qualify for a ranking event doesn't feel right.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Ginge wrote:In practice, the PL winner doesnt need a GSoD spot anyway give he is likely to qualify via another route, has a player ever had to rely on that to get him into the event in the history of the Slam? Barney maybe?
The GSOD should not be ranked if you can get in from invitational events. That simple really.
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: 2017 PDC Grand Slam of Darts, Wolverhampton 11-19 November

Post by ifm »

Addicks Fan wrote:
The GSOD should not be ranked if you can get in from invitational events. That simple really.
Or if it has wildcards

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:

What? Like Zuiderduin/Finder.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:

What invitational events lead to a Zuiderduin/Finder spot?
Big Jock Knew
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:

I believe the correct reply here is "This is not a BDO thread" ;-)
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Addicks Fan wrote:
100% agree with this, doesn't sit right
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

no event with invitational players should be ranked, regardless of code, be it the GSoD, CiderCan master etc
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Old school GSOD would have had the following qualify

2016 GSOD: Michael Van Gerwen, Peter Wright, James Wade, Gary Anderson.
2015 GSOD: Michael Smith, Phil Taylor, Raymond Van Barneveld

2016: PDC WC: Jelle Klaasen
Others finalists(winners): Gerwyn Price, Dave Chisnall, Mark Webster, Adrian Lewis, Corey Cadby, Berry Van Peer, Mensur Suljovic, Kyle Anderson.

BDO

Worlds

2016: Scott Waites, Jamie Hughes, Jeff Smith, Richard Veenstra
2017: Glen Durrant, Danny Noppert, Daryl Fitton

Just as bad as its is currently
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021