2017 PDC Grand Slam of Darts, Wolverhampton 11-19 November

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
DavidB
International

Re: 2017 PDC Grand Slam of Darts, Wolverhampton 11-19 November

Post by DavidB »

WizardofozFan wrote:Laura Woods looking absolutely stunning with her hair down, wow. She's very good too, more importantly. A successor to Clark for the afternoon sessions?

Surely and hopefully it’ll be the even better David Croft for the afternoon sessions at Ally Pally.
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

DavidB wrote:
WizardofozFan wrote:Laura Woods looking absolutely stunning with her hair down, wow. She's very good too, more importantly. A successor to Clark for the afternoon sessions?
Surely and hopefully it’ll be the even better David Croft for the afternoon sessions at Ally Pally.
Dave Clark is the best, seems a nice guy too. Crofty & Laura are excellent understudies though.
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

Yesterday we had some fine, tense matches :DDDD: but today was very disappointing. :showbum:
Now it is crunch time! Let's hope for some great matches...
Last edited by slymaster on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

slymaster wrote:Yesterday we had some fine, tense matches :DDDD: but today was very disappointing. :showbum:
Now it is crunch time! Let's hope for great matches...
Yes not so good today.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ChrisW wrote:I doubt Chizzy will be able to keep up with Duzza over the longer format.
;-)
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: 2017 PDC Grand Slam of Darts, Wolverhampton 11-19 November

Post by Skewball »

ChrisW wrote:I doubt Chizzy will be able to keep up with Duzza over the longer format.
What! That is clearly nonsense. Chizzy has clearly had far more experience than Durrant on TV over exactly this sort of distance. Chizzy is one of the best scorers over exactly this distance than virtually anyone in the world.
Now whether Chizzy will win is another matter. I think Durrant just night find enough,But nothing to do with Chizzy 'keeping up'
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

WizardofozFan wrote:Laura Woods looking absolutely stunning with her hair down, wow.
Wiz, I thought Rowby and Joe Cullen were more to your taste. :grin:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

Skewball wrote:
What! That is clearly nonsense. Chizzy has clearly had far more experience than Durrant on TV over exactly this sort of distance. Chizzy is one of the best scorers over exactly this distance than virtually anyone in the world.
Now whether Chizzy will win is another matter. I think Durrant just night find enough,But nothing to do with Chizzy 'keeping up'
Chisnall can do the high scores I agree. His problem is bottling it and being unable to close out a match for the win. That’s why Durrant is favourite for me.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Be excellent if Glen wins.
Just caught up on the 9 dart shootout, excellent entertainment for 2 minutes.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ssjsa wrote:
WizardofozFan wrote:Laura Woods looking absolutely stunning with her hair down, wow.
Wiz, I thought Rowby and Joe Cullen were more to your taste. :grin:
Rowby looks about 12.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:Be excellent if Glen wins.
Just caught up on the 9 dart shootout, excellent entertainment for 2 minutes.
As much as I like Darren Webster the whole shoot out thing is bollocks. Mark won the match between the two so should be the one to progress.

Although I understand why they do it.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Yeah, Chizzy lacks the quality of the likes of Durrant, Taylor, Anderson etc when it really matters.
Plus he's not playing as he can of course.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Only 1 bdo player going through does seem a little disappointing, everyone agrees it’s the bdo that makes this the event it is but 7 out of 8 going out in the first round Just leaves the rest of the tournament a normal pdc event

Hughes was poor bar the last game, McGeeney was poor, Machin was poor, Noppert was poor, scotty dog was poor ( and still trying to put people off) and Menzies is completely mental

Ross did alright in a tough group group.

Duzza is the only one that has showed himself off here
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Only 1 bdo player going through does seem a little disappointing, everyone agrees it’s the bdo that makes this the event it is but 7 out of 8 going out in the first round Just leaves the rest of the tournament a normal pdc event

Hughes was poor bar the last game, McGeeney was poor, Machin was poor, Noppert was poor, scotty dog was poor ( and still trying to put people off) and Menzies is completely mental

I dunno, I think Menzies comes off with a little credit as well. Most of yesterdays batch only played well once the pressure was off, which wont get you very far.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

The 8 PDC players who qualified via the qualifier, and in most folks opinion were not the best the PDC has to offer, how many of the 8 qualified?

That would be an interesting comparison to the 1 out of 8 of the BDO players. Remembering these are the top 8 in the BDO at the moment.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

devosteve wrote:The 8 PDC players who qualified via the qualifier, and in most folks opinion were not the best the PDC has to offer, how many of the 8 qualified?

That would be an interesting comparison to the 1 out of 8 of the BDO players. Remembering these are the top 8 in the BDO at the moment.
ssjsa wrote:For those interested the make up of the Last 16 is as follows

Pot 1(Top seeds) - 8 out of 8 qualifiers
Pot 2 ( Highest ranked PDC players outwith the Top 8)- 5 out of 8
Pot 3 ( Lowest ranked PDC players)- 2 out of 8
Pot 4 (BDO players) - 1 out of 8.
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

I think its been a bit disappointing although sadly predictable.

On the positive side although Durrant was expected to qualify he has played better than expected and now looks like he could have a decent run.

The rest didnt add much though did they either winning once after they were out or beating low ranked players. Menzie did OK but then blew it when it mattered.

After this if Durrant does switch youd have to wonder if the GSOD is worth continuing in this format.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ChrisW wrote:
devosteve wrote:The 8 PDC players who qualified via the qualifier, and in most folks opinion were not the best the PDC has to offer, how many of the 8 qualified?

ssjsa wrote:For those interested the make up of the Last 16 is as follows

Pot 1(Top seeds) - 8 out of 8 qualifiers
Pot 2 ( Highest ranked PDC players outwith the Top 8)- 5 out of 8
Pot 3 ( Lowest ranked PDC players)- 2 out of 8
Pot 4 (BDO players) - 1 out of 8.
Thanks. missed that ssjsa post.

Well that confirms the seeding system is correct (re the different pots). And also the idea of a 16 PDC v 16 BDo players is never going to happen.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Its embarrassing for the BDO to have only 1 qualify. Thankfully the 1 that has qualified is actually good enough to win the whole damn thing.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Only 1 bdo player going through does seem a little disappointing, everyone agrees it’s the bdo that makes this the event it is but 7 out of 8 going out in the first round Just leaves the rest of the tournament a normal pdc event

Hughes and McGeeney didn’t perform til their last game but showed professionalism to play well and keep the integrity of the event going so credit there.

Machin I think was a bit in awe of Taylor and Wade and again played professionally yesterday.

Noppert was up and down but given he’s hardly hard any tournament practice of late was hardly surprising but again put in a professional performance yesterday.

Scotty Dog was a bit unlucky, was evident against Bunting he was much quicker retrieving his darts and for the third year in a row I think been a little unlucky coming up against players who hit top form against him.

Menzies was superb, gave Anderson is closest game so far and with a bit more experience would have progressed - wonder if he might consider PDC as clearly loved it?

Ross The Boss did well given he was playing the PDC’s two form players - he could have been 4-1 up on MvG and if Cross hasn’t checked out 164 he was ready on d18 to make it 4-3 and who knows. Clearly loved it up there too.

Duzza did was Duzza does.

So I think a few more than Duzza can say they did alright and showed themselves off !