Members not posting....

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Members not posting....

Post by Lee Taylor »

Hi,

I have a very busy work and family life these days (which is all good of course!) so don't get so much time to visit the darts forums like I used to.

On the occasions that I do 'drop by' I see the same old members, posting a lot of the same old nonsense, and generally 'trolling' other members.

When I look at the members showing as 'on line' there is still a healthy number - but it always appears to be the same few posting!

This got me thinking - what is stopping the many 'viewers' from posting here these days?
Ginge
International

Re: Members not posting....

Post by Ginge »

Can of worms opened...
Big Jock Knew
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Having to read 2/3 pages full of the same crap before finding something worth reading?

"Characters" posting contrary views just to try wind people up?
The Shank
Superleague Player

Post by The Shank »

Lee Taylor wrote:Hi,

I have a very busy work and family life these days (which is all good of course!) so don't get so much time to visit the darts forums like I used to.

On the occasions that I do 'drop by' I see the same old members, posting a lot of the same old nonsense, and generally 'trolling' other members.

When I look at the members showing as 'on line' there is still a healthy number - but it always appears to be the same few posting!

This got me thinking - what is stopping the many 'viewers' from posting here these days?
Maybe it's the constant trolling of every thread by IFM the Troll and Rout the Troll.
"Russia committed worse atrocities than Hitler in WW2" - IFM.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

The Shank wrote:

Maybe it's the constant trolling of every thread by IFM the Troll and Rout the Troll.
Are you still moaning?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
thelad1985
Pub Champion

Post by thelad1985 »

pdc fanboys trolling every thread. i want to talk bout lakey. not some comp hearns runnin for money.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

I think this thread can safely be closed as it has answered its own question!
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Maybe it's because I've had a drink, but I'm going to try to answer this sensibly (irony intended!)

I don't get involved in most social media, avoid facebook, never tweet, generally believe it does little if anything to advance human life, but a few years ago, when I rekindled my interest in darts, I found this place. I also found most of the others, but I kept following this one as it seemed to have more of a range of posters, didn't instantly degenerate into abuse, and had some great nuggets of information and insight.

But, I didn't join or post for a long time, because like any online forum, you have to be confident that you will be 'listened to' and respected at least some of the time, and that a discussion might actually remain that rather than a slanging match.

And you still get the discussions, the information, the insight, but it seems that everybody is quicker to get to the shit-stirring/point-making/trolling than before. And that's a shame. A real shame.

I don't see the point in making fake enemies online, just as I don't see the point in supporting one darting organisation over another, as their differences are not a problem, just interesting.

I could go on, but that really would be the drink talking :)
Neilly1986
Steady Sixties

Post by Neilly1986 »

I think posters just look at helmets like Ginge and ifm and think why bother. I am amazed they are grown men in all honesty.

Sad, sad existence.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Must admit when I first joined there were some good debates, sadly they are few and far between now.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

I'll happily have a debate with anyone, quite like having them with Ian, he just doesn't give in or admit he was wrong..... I like that.
The trolling in the PDC BDO threads are a good laugh on here.
Easy to start posting on here, no one makes it difficult, no excuses really.
Even Lee the mod pops in and posts twice a month, can't be that hard.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

The problem is...... if the current crop of posters stopped posting would the void be filled by new "sensible" posters? or would this place stagnate like BDO forums did?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
The Crusader
International

Re: RE: Re: Members not posting....

Post by The Crusader »

Paddy McGinty wrote:The problem is...... if the current crop of posters stopped posting would the void be filled by new "sensible" posters? or would this place stagnate like BDO forums did?
I think the place would die now tbh, damage has been done and now the place is used by those who's constant sniding has stopped many a good posters from posting anymore.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
Thinking of one.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

There are still some good discussions to be found on here, if you ignore the far right posters who just poke fun at anything non-PDC, there are still topics of interest.
BlueSpark
International

Re: RE: Re: Members not posting....

Post by BlueSpark »

The Crusader wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:The problem is...... if the current crop of posters stopped posting would the void be filled by new "sensible" posters? or would this place stagnate like BDO forums did?
I think the place would die now tbh, damage has been done and now the place is used by those who's constant sniding has stopped many a good posters from posting anymore.

So what's the solution?
The Crusader
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Members not posting....

Post by The Crusader »

BlueSpark wrote:
The Crusader wrote:

So what's the solution?
I think the horse has bolted tbh.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Thinking of one.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

There is none, regular uses can see exactly how a particular forum functions and get to know who are the sensible posters amongst us......... some may also enjoy the light hearted banter that some posters thrive on.......
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

There's some rose tinted glasses stuff here. There were times under fairclough and the early days as it is now when it could 3 days with a couple of posts. Often too, not just now and again.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Addicks Fan wrote:

Maybe it's because I've had a drink, but I'm going to try to answer this sensibly (irony intended!)

I don't get involved in most social media, avoid facebook, never tweet, generally believe it does little if anything to advance human life, but a few years ago, when I rekindled my interest in darts, I found this place. I also found most of the others, but I kept following this one as it seemed to have more of a range of posters, didn't instantly degenerate into abuse, and had some great nuggets of information and insight.

But, I didn't join or post for a long time, because like any online forum, you have to be confident that you will be 'listened to' and respected at least some of the time, and that a discussion might actually remain that rather than a slanging match.

And you still get the discussions, the information, the insight, but it seems that everybody is quicker to get to the shit-stirring/point-making/trolling than before. And that's a shame. A real shame.

I don't see the point in making fake enemies online, just as I don't see the point in supporting one darting organisation over another, as their differences are not a problem, just interesting.

I could go on, but that really would be the drink talking :)
Good post.

Still think there is room for honest discussion on here. Sometimes there is a fine line between having a joke and trolling, I think most threads and posters on here carry themselves well generally.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

"Warrengate" last year proved that this is the place to be for any and all darts related discussion, those who take what people like ifm say seriously need to give their head a little shake, he has developed into the biggest troll around but fails to realise it. he's sitting under the bridge wondering why he's there but refusing to move. :)

I think that now there is a decent balance of sensible and way out there views but like all darts forums unless there is big news or a world championship it survives on a core of people who tend to know each other and respond accordingly. df is the same but with less darts chat, D16 and darts forum are gone so we must be doing something right.
I'll admit that my enthusiasm dips up and down but I do enjoy the interaction with most on here, even the trolls.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am