International

Re: RE: Re: PDC World Cup Of Darts 2017

Post by ifm »

BlueSpark wrote:
ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
bukowski wrote:
devosteve wrote:
It does matter. But imo it is not the pinnacle in darts. It's not the ultimate achievement. For some players it is the ulitmate: those who have no chance of winning the world championship for example.

But if we are to have serious debate:are you saying those folks who will play in Japan have hit the heights of darts? Of course not.

But re this thread: love it how some try to rip to bits this comp saying players don't care etc. Yet can't explain why max hopp got so emotional ? Was it the prize money? Or maybe playing for his country?
...not one i have met there was playing for pricemoney...pricemoney is just the bonus..

and u cant imagine how important this tournament is for some nations ..the positive reactions at home from friends, family, workmates and players are so many and good for darts in generally ...

some here at the forum where moaning about class and averages...i can tell you all players are hitting backstage the trebles and doubles like mad...but some are struggling on the stage..because they play first time on stage and are nervous...or have other problems..a.e. one of our players was knowing about the heat on stage but it was more that he has expected and his darts just slipped from his hand from sweating...

if we just get 5% new players now in our country because it was streamed on television, darts is the winner...
Most of us know all this mate, there are a few though who need to get a grip on reality
No no no it doesn't mean anything to represent your country, it's "pointless", "nobody is interested" or "a waste of money".
Do the PDC make financial contributions or payments to the players for representing their country?
Which is relevant how?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
WizardofozFan
County Player

Re: PDC World Cup Of Darts 2017

Post by WizardofozFan »

You wonder why posts are down on all topics on this site. Why don't some of you have a long hard look at yourselves, I'm being deadly serious. How you cannot enjoy live darts on TV is beyond me. The jealousy & blatant hatred for the sport from some is staggering. You've signed up to a darts forum to discuss darts honestly across the BDO and PDC, not to troll.

Nobody likes trolling, it's childish and drives people away. Especially those who swear. Easy to sit behind a keyboard and type complete and utter tripe day after day with repetitive nonsense trying to somehow convert fellow saddos who cannot see darts for what it is....an exciting, thriving, developing and growing sport with more prize money, more events than ever before. If this is only under the PDC banner, who cares? It's darts, the sport that I adore watching and playing. It's offering careers and livelihoods for so many across the world, and anyone who has played the sport, knows how difficult and technically-gifted & devoted you have to be to get good at it, let alone performing on a big stage in front of a jammed audience and large viewing figures etc etc.

Now can we all just watch the tournaments and enjoy the sport that we should all love bearing in mind we are members of a DARTS FORUM!!
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Didn't watch a dart. Can't wait for the real World Cup in Japan.
UKDA 4 Life
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Full World Cup of Darts bracket with overall team averages per game. Courtesy of Premium Dart Data.
Attachments
IMG_20170606_125126.jpg
IMG_20170606_125126.jpg (162.04 KiB) Viewed 2223 times

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

WizardofozFan wrote:You wonder why posts are down on all topics on this site. Why don't some of you have a long hard look at yourselves, I'm being deadly serious. How you cannot enjoy live darts on TV is beyond me. The jealousy & blatant hatred for the sport from some is staggering. You've signed up to a darts forum to discuss darts honestly across the BDO and PDC, not to troll.

Nobody likes trolling, it's childish and drives people away. Especially those who swear. Easy to sit behind a keyboard and type complete and utter tripe day after day with repetitive nonsense trying to somehow convert fellow saddos who cannot see darts for what it is....an exciting, thriving, developing and growing sport with more prize money, more events than ever before. If this is only under the PDC banner, who cares? It's darts, the sport that I adore watching and playing. It's offering careers and livelihoods for so many across the world, and anyone who has played the sport, knows how difficult and technically-gifted & devoted you have to be to get good at it, let alone performing on a big stage in front of a jammed audience and large viewing figures etc etc.

Now can we all just watch the tournaments and enjoy the sport that we should all love bearing in mind we are members of a DARTS FORUM!!
WDT. 4000 Posts. Pdc World cup 600 posts.

It's very clear where the majority of the trolling comes from.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

WizardofozFan wrote:You wonder why posts are down on all topics on this site. Why don't some of you have a long hard look at yourselves, I'm being deadly serious. How you cannot enjoy live darts on TV is beyond me. The jealousy & blatant hatred for the sport from some is staggering. You've signed up to a darts forum to discuss darts honestly across the BDO and PDC, not to troll.

You tell em

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Who would have guessed that the first two replies to the post from WizardofozFan would be im and Rot. ;-)

Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

ssjsa wrote:Who would have guessed that the first two replies to the post from WizardofozFan would be im and Rot. ;-)
Ahem
UKDA 4 Life
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
ssjsa wrote:Who would have guessed that the first two replies to the post from WizardofozFan would be im and Rot. ;-)
Ahem
That's a reply to a post. ;-)

Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

indeed. I'm getting to the point where I can't be arsed anymore. Most of the time I think its all quite amusing and I'm happy to dive in with one liners to join the banter but they have got relentless and it just feels as if they are trying to ruin the forum , their trolling has gone to new levels and I think it's best now if I stop fuelling the fire. I think it might help if a few of us ignore them.
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

Skewball wrote:
indeed. I'm getting to the point where I can't be arsed anymore. Most of the time I think its all quite amusing and I'm happy to dive in with one liners to join the banter but they have got relentless and it just feels as if they are trying to ruin the forum , their trolling has gone to new levels and I think it's best now if I stop fuelling the fire. I think it might help if a few of us ignore them.
Agreed 100%. From now on darts fans, do not reply to anything the trollers say (these being Rout, ifm etc), literally do not say anything and eventually they will stop and go away and get a life hopefully. Good idea my friend.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

WizardofozFan wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Agreed 100%. From now on darts fans, do not reply to anything the trollers say (these being Rout, ifm etc), literally do not say anything and eventually they will stop and go away and get a life hopefully. Good idea my friend.
There's a few people need to start looking at themselves, it can be funny but not every post on every thread.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

nikkiboy wrote:
WizardofozFan wrote:
Skewball wrote:
There's a few people need to start looking at themselves, it can be funny but not every post on every thread.
Spot on, the occasional comedy comment is good light relief and something different. It's every post on every thread that is irking me and darts fans like yourself, clearly.
tapsa
Superleague Player

Post by tapsa »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:Didn't watch a dart. Can't wait for the real World Cup in Japan.
Me too. Nothing beats good battles between England and Scotland there
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Skewball wrote:
So you think the 4000 posts in the wdt thread was because it was just a genuinely very popular tournament then?

The numbers don't lie skewy.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Rout wrote:
Skewball wrote:
So you think the 4000 posts in the wdt thread was because it was just a genuinely very popular tournament then?

The numbers don't lie skewy.
sorry, I am not biting anymore. I'm going to try and play a straight bat from now on. (and let the whooshes commence).

So, if its a genuine question then I'm assuming we all know that a post count on a thread has no correlation to the standard or success of a tournament, rather that it shows that interest in the WDT was always going to be high because the BDO is of genuine interest to most people on here, for good or bad. There is a lot more to debate about it than the players/standard etc. We don't tend to discuss the sponsors or the costs of a tournament of PDC. If nothing else a BDO Major gives us dart geeks a chance to view something other than Peter Wright vs MVG, and there is nothing wrong with that. And we all agree that as a commercial exercise it was not a success, whatever post count it attracted.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

The vast majority of the wdt was trolling. Ginge just relentless posting "ticket sales really dire for this" over and over again. Tdf cowards like Garry and Armitage laughing at the crowd. You did your fair share of it too.

It went on for months. Then it happens on a much smaller scale in a tournament for about a week and the fanboys lob all the toys out of the pram saying me and ifm are ruining the forum

It's funny but a bit pathetic.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ticket sales were absolutely dire for the WDT.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

tapsa wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:Didn't watch a dart. Can't wait for the real World Cup in Japan.
Me too. Nothing beats good battles between England and Scotland there
We had that in the pdc world cup pairs, between Anderson and Wright ;)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Rout wrote:The vast majority of the wdt was trolling. Ginge just relentless posting "ticket sales really dire for this" over and over again. Tdf cowards like Garry and Armitage laughing at the crowd. You did your fair share of it too.

It went on for months. Then it happens on a much smaller scale in a tournament for about a week and the fanboys lob all the toys out of the pram saying me and ifm are ruining the forum

It's funny but a bit pathetic.
We have all played our part in the trolling and have all been equally pathetic.