PDC World Cup Of Darts 2017

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Rafaldarts180
Steady Sixties

Re: PDC World Cup Of Darts 2017

Post by Rafaldarts180 »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Rafaldarts180 wrote:
devosteve wrote:Meaningless? Tell that to players from the 'lesser' nations who get TV exposure on a quality channel.

and who knows how this will develop in the future?
Exactly. Who knows what could happen with Reyes if there wasn't international qualifiers in World Championship...
Rout wrote:I fancy the Philippines to do well at this.
And what about Norway? That Wagner can play.
Wagner has been awful on the Nordic tour this year and I think if you take the combined rankings of players Latvia are ahead of Norway. Latvia would also get preferential treatment as
Razma is a tour card holder. Seems that it will be four nations every year coming from the Nordic tour.
Oh, I didn't follow this Scandinavian Tour events this year so fair enough. Yes, apparently they gave four places to Baltic teams... It's strange that Italy or Czech Republic are in it. IMO one of these countries should be replaced by Latvia.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Rafaldarts180 wrote:
devosteve wrote:Meaningless? Tell that to players from the 'lesser' nations who get TV exposure on a quality channel.

Exactly. Who knows what could happen with Reyes if there wasn't international qualifiers in World Championship...
Wagner has been awful on the Nordic tour this year
His form dipped right after the pairs in Las Vegas where he was drawn with a right muppet of an Irish farmer and I think that shiteness rubbed off on him. :)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

nikkiboy wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Rafaldarts180 wrote:

Wagner has been awful on the Nordic tour this year
His form dipped right after the pairs in Las Vegas where he was drawn with a right muppet of an Irish farmer and I think that shiteness rubbed off on him. :)
Haha :DDD:
armchairfan
County Player

Post by armchairfan »

World Cup Seeding Race

Klaasen has overtaken Barney so the Dutch are now behind England.

3 events remaining (ET5, PC11&12)

1 Scotland (Total ranking: 5)
2 743000 Gary Anderson
3 645750 Peter Wright
14 273500 Robert Thornton

2 England (9)
4 389000 Adrian Lewis
5 369500 James Wade
----
6 356000 Dave Chisnall

3 Netherlands (10)
1 1722250 Michael van Gerwen
8 323500 Jelle Klaasen
9 319500 Raymond van Barneveld

4 Wales (40)
17 235250 Gerwyn Price
23 162500 Mark Webster

5 Australia (45)
16 245250 Simon Whitlock
29 125500 Kyle Anderson

6 Northern Ireland (46)
19 217750 Daryl Gurney
27 138000 Brendan Dolan

7 Austria (52)
10 318000 Mensur Suljovic
42 80000 Rowby-John Rodriguez

8 Belgium (57)
12 290750 Kim Huybrechts
45 73500 Ronny Huybrechts
----
47 68250 Dimitri van den Bergh

Correction: Brendan Dolan is 26th, tied with Van der Voort. If you apply the tiebreaker rules Dolan is 27th.
Last edited by armchairfan on Mon May 08, 2017 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Looks like the pdc are going to have to offer Klaassen another WS spot.......
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

ifm wrote:Looks like the pdc are going to have to offer Klaassen another WS spot.......

Topped rank player from each country gets to pick here partner for this.
JFT97
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC World Cup Of Darts 2017

Post by Rout »

Bag Carrier wrote:
ifm wrote:Looks like the pdc are going to have to offer Klaassen another WS spot.......

Anyone would think they made the rules up as they went along.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Bag Carrier wrote:

Which is exactly how I suggested they get around such conflicts; a captain and his one pick. Clearly the PDC still reads forums.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Murphio wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

Which is exactly how I suggested they get around such conflicts; a captain and his one pick. Clearly the PDC still reads forums.
Ummm, they made the rule change as soon as Klaassen overtook Barney last year.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I don't believe that's the rule to be quite blunt.

I can't see any other partnership for Scotland other than wright and Anderson and they don't get on.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The criteria is "32 pairs representing different nations selected at the discretion of the PDC"

So the "discretion" with some countries is to let the leading player decide?
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Rout wrote:I don't believe that's the rule to be quite blunt.

I can't see any other partnership for Scotland other than wright and Anderson and they don't get on.
Wright did not play last year following the match fixing allegations his wife made against ando.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

ifm wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

Nope, that is why Klaasen 'withdrew'. If it is an unofficial rule then it should be made official.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

Nope, that is why Klaasen 'withdrew'. If it is an unofficial rule then it should be made official.
They altered the wording.

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Booji Boy wrote:

Wright did not play last year following the match fixing allegations his wife made against ando.
Yeah but did Gary insist?

Madsocks
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

ifm wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:

Yeah but did Gary insist?
I have no idea. My inkling is that the PDC dished out the punishment as opposed to Ando asking for it.

He is a pretty easy going fella, but once his temper is up he can be quite pugnacious.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Booji Boy wrote:

Yeah I know but this is the first year this supposed captains pick takes place.

Him and Anderson don't get on though so if Anderson has a straight choice on his own he would surely pick Thornton.

My point is I doubt the pdc will be as relaxed as just letting players pick who they want with anyone other than mvg. They'll want wright there big time.

All this bollocks and rule ammending because they don't have the guts to admit why klaasen is hated by mvg
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Rout wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:

Yeah I know but this is the first year this supposed captains pick takes place.

Him and Anderson don't get on though so if Anderson has a straight choice on his own he would surely pick Thornton.

My point is I doubt the pdc will be as relaxed as just letting players pick who they want with anyone other than mvg. They'll want wright there big time.

All this bollocks and rule ammending because they don't have the guts to admit why klaasen is hated by mvg
Wright and Ando used to be very good friends. Its amazing what a bitchy partner will do to friendships.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

ifm wrote:
Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

Please show me the rule, past or present, which says the second pick is down to the highest ranked player. If that was the rule then it means MVG picked Klaasen and Klaasen withdrew. We all know that isnt the case; and as usual you are just chiming in with complete tosh in an effort to sound informed. Carry on.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
Murphio wrote: Which is exactly how I suggested they get around such conflicts; a captain and his one pick. Clearly the PDC still reads forums.
Please show me the rule, past or present, which says the second pick is down to the highest ranked player. If that was the rule then it means MVG picked Klaasen and Klaasen withdrew. We all know that isnt the case; and as usual you are just chiming in with complete tosh in an effort to sound informed. Carry on.
What are you on about, they altered the wording of the rule last year, it has nothing to do with higher ranked player deciding, that is in your own mind.

Madsocks