Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Re: World Cup Japan

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

WCDPA wrote:
ifm wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
ifm wrote:Gotta be honest here Paul, the EDO need to stop blaming everyone else, stop mentioning Scotland and Wales, stop trying to deflect away from the fundamental fact, that the EDO have failed here and it is the EDO nobody else.
You had one job to do and you haven't done it, you have been asked repeatedly where the money is, ok they changed venue, it cost more but where is the money raised to send the teams to the original venue?
You will say come to the AGM blah blah then continue your rhetoric across the internet, i have a few sayings in my working life that i use when people fail:-

I don't want to hear excuses, i want to know what you did to try to rectify the situation, i want to know what you are going to do to prevent this happening again.
I don't want you to constantly claim to be the victim, you need to take responsibility yourself.
Nobody is blaming anyone else we are not going because the directors feel it's not financially viable on this occasion , first event they have missed in 10 years .
I take it you have never failed in your working life from your tone, it must be great to be perfect ! Perhaps you are in a position to sponsor the team ? After all to be so good you must be stinking rich , come on instead of being a major shareholder in White Lightening loosen your purse strings .
Why do you put yourself up as the voice of the EDO then deflect all direct questions by blaming/complaining about everyone else?
You did it on fb when questions were asked about England selection.
Don't be a knob Ian you know that selectors are elected to SELECT a team they are provided with stats including county aves , England events and previous internationals . Despite constant criticism the Selectors are re elected normally with a healthy vote from the county delegates .
And off we go again. :roll:
Removing the selectors malarky from your deflected answer, cos we could run with that for ages again(re are the the same delegates that go to the BDO agm).

No team sent: Fact
No money accounted for: Fact
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
ifm wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
ifm wrote:Gotta be honest here Paul, the EDO need to stop blaming everyone else, stop mentioning Scotland and Wales, stop trying to deflect away from the fundamental fact, that the EDO have failed here and it is the EDO nobody else.
You had one job to do and you haven't done it, you have been asked repeatedly where the money is, ok they changed venue, it cost more but where is the money raised to send the teams to the original venue?
You will say come to the AGM blah blah then continue your rhetoric across the internet, i have a few sayings in my working life that i use when people fail:-

I don't want to hear excuses, i want to know what you did to try to rectify the situation, i want to know what you are going to do to prevent this happening again.
I don't want you to constantly claim to be the victim, you need to take responsibility yourself.
Nobody is blaming anyone else we are not going because the directors feel it's not financially viable on this occasion , first event they have missed in 10 years .
I take it you have never failed in your working life from your tone, it must be great to be perfect ! Perhaps you are in a position to sponsor the team ? After all to be so good you must be stinking rich , come on instead of being a major shareholder in White Lightening loosen your purse strings .
Why do you put yourself up as the voice of the EDO then deflect all direct questions by blaming/complaining about everyone else?
Don't be a knob Ian you know that selectors are elected to SELECT a team they are provided with stats including county aves , England events and previous internationals . Despite constant criticism the Selectors are re elected normally with a healthy vote from the county delegates .
Removing the selectors malarky from your deflected answer, cos we could run with that for ages again(re are the the same delegates that go to the BDO agm).

No team sent : not a fact event in 5 months
No money accounted for : boll Ox accounts shown last sept and will be this sept .
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

WCDPA wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
ifm wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

No money accounted for : boll Ox accounts shown last sept and will be this sept .
Are you seriously now going to try to skip over the fact that no teams are being sent to Japan?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

ifm wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
ifm wrote: Why do you put yourself up as the voice of the EDO then deflect all direct questions by blaming/complaining about everyone else?

Are you seriously now going to try to skip over the fact that no teams are being sent to Japan?
No , its been debated to death IFM and decision has been made by the Directors .
tapsa
Superleague Player

Post by tapsa »

Question of money:
UK countries together with The Netherlands are absolutely the biggest darting countries in the world. Darts is booming in UK (ok, many says it's PDC, but any hype has positive influence for whole sport). In WDF we have several countries where darts is far behind of many many other sports, finance and publicity are total zero and there are only handful (or fingerful) of players who has realistic chance to succeed in World Cup. Still, these countries do collect the pennies and send players as it is important. We save in some thing else.

Question of players:
I do remember Martin Adams has in several interviews said "I cant play in PDC, because then I cant represent my country". What would Martin say now? "I cant represent my country, because my country doesn't compete internationally"? WDF World Cups have always been the darts as its puriest. As far from "circus" as possible. A bit same as league games for your pub or county, but similar attitude in highest level. Now when the countries who are the base in international darts - the UK nations - are giving up World Cup, they do underline the "circus" is the right way and pure amateur darts may disappear.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

tapsa wrote:Question of money:
UK countries together with The Netherlands are absolutely the biggest darting countries in the world. Darts is booming in UK (ok, many says it's PDC, but any hype has positive influence for whole sport). In WDF we have several countries where darts is far behind of many many other sports, finance and publicity are total zero and there are only handful (or fingerful) of players who has realistic chance to succeed in World Cup. Still, these countries do collect the pennies and send players as it is important. We save in some thing else.

Question of players:
I do remember Martin Adams has in several interviews said "I cant play in PDC, because then I cant represent my country". What would Martin say now? "I cant represent my country, because my country doesn't compete internationally"? WDF World Cups have always been the darts as its puriest. As far from "circus" as possible. A bit same as league games for your pub or county, but similar attitude in highest level. Now when the countries who are the base in international darts - the UK nations - are giving up World Cup, they do underline the "circus" is the right way and pure amateur darts may disappear.
Spot on
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

Question of players:
I fully agree.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Question of players:
Hater
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Perhaps the way forward is what Sweden , Finland and others do , every player pays to be a member of national org and team is picked from those players only .
If you live in Sweden and don't pay the membership you can't play in their events .
If say all of our 35 member counties players paid £30 per player membership we could have sent 2 teams to Japan .
In Sweden you have no choice it's pay or don't play! In England they wouldn't pay as they have choice.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

WCDPA wrote:Perhaps the way forward is what Sweden , Finland and others do , every player pays to be a member of national org and team is picked from those players only .
If you live in Sweden and don't pay the membership you can't play in their events .
If say all of our 35 member counties players paid £30 membership we could have sent 2 teams to Japan .
In Sweden you have no choice it's pay or don't play! In England they wouldn't pay as they have choice.
You already get £19k per year from the counties.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

tapsa wrote: and pure amateur darts may disappear.
...i do not agree with that..we are to many WDF members and represent to many amateur players around the world who are love to play at the World or Regional Cups...and some countrys might send now their best players if they allow their PDC players playing in the WDF member country systems or just nominate them for the national team...because you know...there are no restriction for PDC players...

...for me its not a suprise, that England does not travel to the World Cup...
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

WCDPA wrote: In England they wouldn't pay ....
youre sure? did you ask the players?
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: World Cup Japan

Post by Ginge »

bukowski wrote:
WCDPA wrote: In England they wouldn't pay ....
youre sure? did you ask the players?
I bet the Cow Botheter would. He was "numb" when he heard he wasn't going. Numb!
Big Jock Knew
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

ifm wrote:
WCDPA wrote:Perhaps the way forward is what Sweden , Finland and others do , every player pays to be a member of national org and team is picked from those players only .
If say all of our 35 member counties players paid £30 membership we could have sent 2 teams to Japan .
You are partially correct Ian , we get £8750 from membership , any other fee is dependant on programme sales which are steadily declining, last year it boosted the income to 19k , this year it will be lower again .
Why do you think Olly ceased funding the international team? Despite the wealth of BDO etc the cost of the international team wasn't sustainable , that is the reason England have to run events . Without these events the team wouldn't exist , 1 event in 10 years is 1 too ma many but nothing's perfect in life and EDO will try to make sure it doesn't happen again .
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

If the cost of the England team isn't sustainable, how do the much smaller nations still manage it?
Big Jock Knew
The Shank
Superleague Player

Post by The Shank »

Are tickets on sale for this event yet?
"Russia committed worse atrocities than Hitler in WW2" - IFM.
thelad1985
Pub Champion

Post by thelad1985 »

The Shank wrote:Are tickets on sale for this event yet?
who gibes a shit
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

thelad1985 wrote:
who gibes a shit
Bore off Fanny.
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

ifm wrote:
Which in all fairness doesn't go far

Maybe individual membership would work
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

Why, are you going if they are