World Cup Japan

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: World Cup Japan

Post by Ginge »

Sending someone is better than sending nobody, no matter how pissed off Liz Fletcher-Wright will get :D
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Fuck Japan anyway, they didn't send a team to Turkey for the last one.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

What has Liz Fletcher-Wright said now?
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:What has Liz Fletcher-Wright said now?
Nothing. But just imagine had the EDO said they would be only sending a mens team, the seethe would have been at all time levels.

Funny I dont remember her moaning when Eurosport cut short the first night of the 2014 WDT and missed MENS matches...
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:
Ginge wrote:Are the RoI sending a full team of 12 or are they just sending the men?

Still cant see why the English/Scots/Welsh couldnt just send the men, or men/women.
To be honest from what I read from TT he would never consider just sending the men. very passionate about the promotion of ladies darts so, I am guessing, it would be both men and women or neither (has has happened).
So he would spite the men for the sake of the women?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Or, leave the youth out, would cut the cost by at least a third instantly, surely they had that amount of money saved?
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

I thought the BDO didn't subsidise the Youth travel costs in their 6 grand payment anyway?
Sure that was just for men and ladies.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:I thought the BDO didn't subsidise the Youth travel costs in their 6 grand payment anyway?
Sure that was just for men and ladies.
Yup so the Youth is all money the EDO have to find, good point. So cut the Youth out and accept the £6k BDO payment and its going to come in at less than £15k, an amount they easily would have saved anyway for the trip surely?
Big Jock Knew
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

BlueSpark wrote:fek Japan anyway, they didn't send a team to Turkey for the last one.
they didnt travel there because of the danger situation in turkey and around turkey...if you remember there where some terror attacks at the time when we travelled there and even some of our players ask me about the situation...our goverment told officially its not saved in turkey but we didnt care and went..anyway i have no fear of terrorism...some people have...

WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

bukowski wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:fek Japan anyway, they didn't send a team to Turkey for the last one.
they didnt travel there because of the danger situation in turkey and around turkey...if you remember there where some terror attacks at the time when we travelled there and even some of our players ask me about the situation...our goverment told officially its not saved in turkey but we didnt care and went..anyway i have no fear of terrorism...some people have...

The area where World Cup was held in Turkey was ok .
Mind you it was safe enough for their delegates to travel to Turkey to attend the WDF meeting whilst World Cup was on ! As did Canada who also didn't send a team , or was the terrorist threat just aimed at the players .
The USA players ( probably most at threat ) but had to sign a disclaimer that they travelled at their own risk . My feelings were some countries used the terrorism threat to take the easy option .
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

So Japan and Canada pulled that excuse for their players but not the officials? Dear oh dear oh dear.
Big Jock Knew
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

WCDPA wrote:
bukowski wrote:

The area where World Cup was held in Turkey was ok .
Mind you it was safe enough for their delegates to travel to Turkey to attend the WDF meeting whilst World Cup was on ! As did Canada who also didn't send a team , or was the terrorist threat just aimed at the players .
The USA players ( probably most at threat ) but had to sign a disclaimer that they travelled at their own risk . My feelings were some countries used the terrorism threat to take the easy option .
might they just used for it..might some players did fear...as i told some of our players did fear as well and i personally have no fear..

but thats is not the topic ...England not sending a men and women team to the world cup is a disgrace...thats the topic here...

bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

...and i tell you why its a disgrace...

England and Scotland and Wales are Ambassador of our sport, espacially England...can u imagine what does it mean for a player from lets say Iran or Nigeria a.e. to play against an english male or female player? it doesnt matter for them, which one...they just speak at home about that...

but u let them all down...because u cant might send ur best players if they have to pay some own money for the journey...but u know, anyway the best english players does play in the PDC so whats the point then, not to play at the world cup? might losing to other nations? in my opinion it doesnt matter who u send because all the top ten in each country, ENG, SCO, WAL are excellent players and capable to win some titles at the world Cup...

and therefore its a disgrace...
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

It's not on the same level as barney choosing to spend time with his family over a relatively unimportant darts tournament. But it's not far behind.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

bukowski wrote:...and i tell you why its a disgrace...

England and Scotland and Wales are Ambassador of our sport, espacially England...can u imagine what does it mean for a player from lets say Iran or Nigeria a.e. to play against an english male or female player? it doesnt matter for them, which one...they just speak at home about that...

but u let them all down...because u cant might send ur best players if they have to pay some own money for the journey...but u know, anyway the best english players does play in the PDC so whats the point then, not to play at the world cup? might losing to other nations? in my opinion it doesnt matter who u send because all the top ten in each country, ENG, SCO, WAL are excellent players and capable to win some titles at the world Cup...

and therefore its a disgrace...
Yes couldn't agree more.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Rout wrote:It's not on the same level as barney choosing to spend time with his family over a relatively unimportant darts tournament. But it's not far behind.
Rout desperately trying to make this farce about the PDC, there.

Embarrassing stuff.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Nnnnnnng! Peter! Peter! Look!
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Serious question: will sue and Wayne be going (paid for of course) as representitives of, err well who knows?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: World Cup Japan

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:Serious question: will sue and Wayne be going (paid for of course) as representitives of, err well who knows?
"Fact finding".
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Re: RE: Re: World Cup Japan

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote:
devosteve wrote:Serious question: will sue and Wayne be going (paid for of course) as representitives of, err well who knows?
"Fact finding".
Finding out if England, Wales and Scotland have actually sent teams but didn't want them to know?

but on a serious level: there is no need for them to go.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.