International

Re: RE: Re: World Cup Japan

Post by Ginge »

The Master wrote:
Ginge wrote:
bukowski wrote: WDF organise the Cups perfectly
Woah, woah, woah!

Really?

They have proper cocked it up this time though, voting in a proposal and then allowing the Japs to change it and the cost sky rocketing as a result.
exaxtly how much is skyrocketing in terns of Euros?
Merely going off posts on this very forum stating the costs soared and were very different to what were agreed on years ago at the vote.
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: World Cup Japan

Post by Rout »

The Master wrote:
Ginge wrote:
bukowski wrote: WDF organise the Cups perfectly
Woah, woah, woah!

Really?

They have proper cocked it up this time though, voting in a proposal and then allowing the Japs to change it and the cost sky rocketing as a result.
exaxtly how much is skyrocketing in terns of Euros?
You're not expecting any facts from Ginge are you?

He will use info as stone cold fact until challenged on it, then pass off responsibility to the person he chose to believe. It's a trolling win win.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Re: World Cup Japan

Post by Ginge »

WCDPA wrote: The World Cup vote to award the World Cup to Japan was taken in St Johns Canada in 2013 , EDO delegate was there , what clinched the deal for Japan was the excellent package on food and accomadation together , since then WDF decided Venue wasn't suitable , the new venue didn't provide the package that was on the original proposal .
There you go Routy boy.

Its been accepted throughout this thread that the change of venue within Japan has increased the cost. For some reason, nobody has disagreed with this until today. Very odd.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:
WCDPA wrote: The World Cup vote to award the World Cup to Japan was taken in St Johns Canada in 2013 , EDO delegate was there , what clinched the deal for Japan was the excellent package on food and accomadation together , since then WDF decided Venue wasn't suitable , the new venue didn't provide the package that was on the original proposal .
There you go Routy boy.

but but but but it doesn't actually state specifically that it was more expensive.,...... [or insert other such bollocks)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:
There you go Routy boy.

but but but but it doesn't actually state specifically that it was more expensive.,...... [or insert other such bollocks)
Aye Im expecting that to come next.

Even Ian agreed the cost went up, even took Paul to task on it all. Cant quite work out why its only today we have a Finnish member disagreeing that the cost went up. Maybe for some reason it didnt for them, clearly it did for the Brits.
Big Jock Knew
The Master
Superleague Player

Post by The Master »

I didnt disagree, I asked how much it went up!?!?!?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The Master wrote:I didnt disagree, I asked how much it went up!?!?!?
And I said I had no idea. The upshot is the increase put off a load of major nations from going. Would these major nations have voted in the current proposal? Probably not.
Last edited by Ginge on Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Big Jock Knew
The Master
Superleague Player

Post by The Master »

To clearify, I wasnt at the World Cup in Canada so I didnt attend that meeting. I started as manager of our national team after Canada.
The Master
Superleague Player

Post by The Master »

My cost for Japan is 300€ for hotel(6nights) 50€ for banquet and 577€ for flights
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The Master wrote:My cost for Japan is 300€ for hotel(6nights) 50€ for banquet and 577€ for flights
€300 for 6 nights including your food?
Big Jock Knew
The Master
Superleague Player

Post by The Master »

Ginge wrote:
The Master wrote:My cost for Japan is 300€ for hotel(6nights) 50€ for banquet and 577€ for flights
are you kidding, where the hell can you get hotel and food for 50euro a day :grin:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

So those aren't your total costs then.
Big Jock Knew
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

Ginge wrote:
no, food isnt include...what you want? at home you have to eat as well...

btw. i checked now the flights...we saved from early booking in december 2016 until now 700€ per person...money enough to buy food etc...

the more expensive package prices (known since turkey) is just an excuse for the brits....

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

bukowski wrote:
Ginge wrote:

btw. i checked now the flights...we saved from early booking in december 2016 until now 700€ per person...money enough to buy food etc...

the more expensive package prices (known since turkey) is just an excuse for the brits....

Well yes you do but by all accounts the food in Japan is a little bit more expensive than most of the rest of the world :D
Big Jock Knew
The Master
Superleague Player

Post by The Master »

Ginge wrote:So those aren't your total costs then.
I usually eat everyday at home to, ask Paul about my size and you will know ;)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

bukowski wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Well yes you do but by all accounts the food in Japan is a little bit more expensive than most of the rest of the world :D
Big Jock Knew
The Master
Superleague Player

Post by The Master »

Ginge wrote:
bukowski wrote:
Ginge wrote:

a steak here in Finlad is 35-40 euros so we are used to high food costs
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

Ginge wrote:
bukowski wrote:
Ginge wrote:

thats def not true...might you have to travel a bit around the world...

steak in switzerland up from 45€ to 70 or 80...depends on the restaurant and steak
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I cleary frequent classy places then :D
Big Jock Knew
The Master
Superleague Player

Post by The Master »

2014 (Romania) cost for me including one meal/day was 90e/night
2015 (Turkey) was cheap 75e/night and it was all inclucive