Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Re: RE: Re: World Cup Japan

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
devosteve wrote:It is odd. Why would front runner be embarrassed with low figures if they are paid? Unless of course the edo would then realise that they are wasting their money on reaching less than a couple of thousand viewers. Thus stop paying for frontrunner coverage.
FrontRunner are suppressing their publicly available viewing figures on the request of someone, that can be the only explanation. Why do it otherwise?
Why dont you phone or email them and ask?
Good suggestion. Maybe I will. Cheers. Will report back with my findings.
And?
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: World Cup Japan

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
devosteve wrote:It is odd. Why would front runner be embarrassed with low figures if they are paid? Unless of course the edo would then realise that they are wasting their money on reaching less than a couple of thousand viewers. Thus stop paying for frontrunner coverage.
FrontRunner are suppressing their publicly available viewing figures on the request of someone, that can be the only explanation. Why do it otherwise?
Why dont you phone or email them and ask?
Good suggestion. Maybe I will. Cheers. Will report back with my findings.
And?
I posted their reply I'm sure, they replied almost instantly saying they were reporting and would look into it.

Email has gone into BARB this morning anyway, mate.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Re: World Cup Japan

Post by Ginge »

Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ginge wrote:"I’ve checked BARB and it seems there is no data for just weeks for the weekly top 10. We are reporting so I’m not quite sure why that hasn’t shown up. We are looking into it."
Ooh look Chris, I even posted it on here on the 3rd. Scrambling around in your attempt to defend Frontrunner, all very embarassing.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Haha game, set and match :grin:
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Ginge wrote:
The ONLY explanation!
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Reduced to searching for and quoting posts from 2 weeks ago :DDD:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:Reduced to searching for and quoting posts from 2 weeks ago :DDD:
It's all they have. The beacon has been lit!

Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Well that was easy.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Chris still not admitting the viewing figures were pathetic and dire, there.
Big Jock Knew
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

So far how much has been raised so far for the next 2 World Cups? Narcoleptic Man seems to be a waste of time to ask.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

ChrisW wrote:Well that was easy.
Well done Chris.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:So far how much has been raised so far for the next 2 World Cups? Narcoleptic Man seems to be a waste of time to ask.
You expect an answer to this other than "come to the AGM and ask"?
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:So far how much has been raised so far for the next 2 World Cups? Narcoleptic Man seems to be a waste of time to ask.
Do we know where it is?

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Do we know where it is?

Nope. 3rd September, venue "TBA".

Least they arent clashing it with the British Open weekend this time.
Big Jock Knew
tapsa
Superleague Player

Post by tapsa »

I was at the meeting 2013 when Japan was elected. Can't remember exact figures and what all were included, but some thing like 550 € comes into mind for what ever reason. Since then the main organizer has passed away and the venue has changed. I've been told these changes have been told in a 2015 meeting (?) and there some countries asked WDF executives to influence for costs. But nothing happened.

One reason World Cup is far more expensive it used to be is, it is extended. 2005 in Perth we had get together on wednesday evening, team games till final on thursday and pair + singles on friday. Saturday just the finals. There was no feeling among players (well not with our players any way) the schedule was too tight. Still one extra day was added and when ladies team was introduced (earlier 2, now 4 players), the schedule became even longer. More days = more expensive.

So generally speaking I can understand countries moaning about costs. But what should have done was countries should have raised the question TOGETHER and say, if you cant reduce the costs, we don't come and vote for another country where are cheaper accomodation costs. I am sure it would have found.

Regarding EDO and SDO. It is quite pathetic when Scott Mitchell tweets how important it is to win for your country (same as Montgomery couple of years ago) and then you dont participate. Same people who use words like "legacy", "loyalty" when talking about BDO vs. PDC doesn't seem to have ANY of that left now. Bloody hell british players are grown-up adults, they are able to travel them selves. They don't need team manager there really. I am 100 % EDO can afford flights + hotels for players only. 100 %.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

tapsa wrote:It is quite pathetic when Scott Mitchell tweets how important it is to win for your country (same as Montgomery couple of years ago) and then you dont participate. Same people who use words like "legacy", "loyalty" when talking about BDO vs. PDC doesn't seem to have ANY of that left now. Bloody hell british players are grown-up adults, they are able to travel them selves. They don't need team manager there really. I am 100 % EDO can afford flights + hotels for players only. 100 %.
Bang on, adults dont need adults there as a chaperone.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

You can't blame the players ffs

Madsocks
tapsa
Superleague Player

Post by tapsa »

ifm wrote:You can't blame the players ffs

Well they could act a bit more active. Take publicity for instance on their side. If Mitchell would give one interview, where he would use little bit of populism and say like "In my mind it is disgrace EDO doesn't send a team to Japan. I am sure EDO is able to cut a administration costs + get a sponsor to get money for flights + hotel"

How do You think public opinion would influence for a decision?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

They already tried giving Richard Branson a ring, mate.
Big Jock Knew