World Cup Japan

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Re: World Cup Japan

Post by bukowski »

tapsa wrote: So generally speaking I can understand countries moaning about costs. But what should have done was countries should have raised the question TOGETHER and say, if you cant reduce the costs, we don't come and vote for another country where are cheaper accomodation costs. I am sure it would have found.
where you would find cheaper accomodation costs? In Great Britain? Nope..in Scandinavian Countrys? Nope, just watch the costs and bad food in the last Europe Cup youth...the best package prices you will get in Turkey (who want to go now there? me not) or in eastern countrys like Poland, Czech Republik, Hungary or Romania to name a few...but thats just the opinions for the european countrys... all other countrys have to travel around the world for it...
tapsa wrote:Regarding EDO and SDO. It is quite pathetic when Scott Mitchell tweets how important it is to win for your country (same as Montgomery couple of years ago) and then you dont participate. Same people who use words like "legacy", "loyalty" when talking about BDO vs. PDC doesn't seem to have ANY of that left now.
spot on...they can travel to a lot of countrys for tournaments but can't pay a few bucks for the travel with the national team...
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

Ginge wrote:
tapsa wrote:It is quite pathetic when Scott Mitchell tweets how important it is to win for your country (same as Montgomery couple of years ago) and then you dont participate. Same people who use words like "legacy", "loyalty" when talking about BDO vs. PDC doesn't seem to have ANY of that left now. Bloody hell british players are grown-up adults, they are able to travel them selves. They don't need team manager there really. I am 100 % EDO can afford flights + hotels for players only. 100 %.
Bang on, adults dont need adults there as a chaperone.
dont agree with it...i can give you a lot of reasons why a team manager have to be there but might you will not understand from a outside view...
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

bukowski wrote:
Ginge wrote:
tapsa wrote:It is quite pathetic when Scott Mitchell tweets how important it is to win for your country (same as Montgomery couple of years ago) and then you dont participate. Same people who use words like "legacy", "loyalty" when talking about BDO vs. PDC doesn't seem to have ANY of that left now. Bloody hell british players are grown-up adults, they are able to travel them selves. They don't need team manager there really. I am 100 % EDO can afford flights + hotels for players only. 100 %.
dont agree with it...i can give you a lot of reasons why a team manager have to be there but might you will not understand from a outside view...
Go on, by all means explain.
Big Jock Knew
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Mitchell wouldn't want to speak out and risk being stripped of the captaincy.
Last edited by markymark on Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

If four of the top English men want to fund their own trip out there, I dont see why the EDO would object to it, unless they think it would make them look even worse.
Big Jock Knew
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

Ginge wrote:
bukowski wrote:
Ginge wrote:
team manager are the person who is responsible for all questions throgh the whole week at the cup. just imagine one of the players have to do it. can he or she concentrate then just for what he/she is there (playing darts) if there will be a problem? No.
i our case the team manager organising the hole travel and is responsible for that. its not easy to do it for 8 or more persons. imagine if one of the player have to do it and there is a problem, head free for playing? No.
also dont understimate the important role to stay behind a player when he/she gets problem in a match a.e. starting be less confident, wandering mind and more..just watch some pros at the pdc, they even have personal coach or someone closed (friend or family member) who can give them support..
team manager is important during the team matches (one leg played) he have to advise the players, a.e. who is play the next leg. of course, one of the player can do that as well...but again, free mind during playing? No, and just imagine the responsible player is playing his leg and at the other board starts a problem..well, good reason to start losing a team match...
and there are a few other small tinghs to do...they are all big babys, some more some less, a good team manager knows them all and who needs more attention...

also the team manager attending at the wdf meeting (in our case)
the team manager is sometimes in question even in our country. some tell me, oh you have a nice week of holiday at the cups and i always respond, no i just have 4 days work and losing energy. dont understand me wrong, i like to do it but its not holiday, i just spend my holiday for that..

i have the philosophy that the players dont have to do anything, just go there and play darts and enjoy the time.
Last edited by bukowski on Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

Ginge wrote:If four of the top English men want to fund their own trip out there, I dont see why the EDO would object to it, unless they think it would make them look even worse.
yep and thats the wrong thinking...the Brits have more National Events, thats a fact, they have not the money as well for it, so let the player pay some own money, that is no shame...
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

bukowski wrote:
Ginge wrote:If four of the top English men want to fund their own trip out there, I dont see why the EDO would object to it, unless they think it would make them look even worse.
yep and thats the wrong thinking...the Brits have more National Events, thats a fact, they have not the money as well for it, so let the player pay some own money, that is no shame...
But doesn't the national body have to enter the teams in the event? I wouldn't be surprised if the EDO didn't consult the players before declining the invitation, so making any attempt by players to organise it themselves pointless
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: World Cup Japan

Post by Rout »

Addicks Fan wrote:
bukowski wrote:
But doesn't the national body have to enter the teams in the event? I wouldn't be surprised if the EDO didn't consult the players before declining the invitation, so making any attempt by players to organise it themselves pointless
There does appear to have been an all or nothing approach on this.

All - everyone goes, men, ladies, kids, officials, chaperones etc... all fully paid for with trimmings

Or no one goes.

Difficult to understand why middle ground wasn't reached
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: World Cup Japan

Post by Ginge »

Rout wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
bukowski wrote:
There does appear to have been an all or nothing approach on this.

All - everyone goes, men, ladies, kids, officials, chaperones etc... all fully paid for with trimmings

Or no one goes.

Difficult to understand why middle ground wasn't reached
In the case of the women at least, certain factions would have moaned like fuck about it and the EDO clearly didnt want the hassle.

Not sending the youth would have probably saved the most money (no chaperones needed) and in any case at the start of October kids should be in school ;)
Big Jock Knew
tapsa
Superleague Player

Post by tapsa »

bukowski wrote:
Ginge wrote:
bukowski wrote:
Ginge wrote:
team manager are the person who is responsible for all questions throgh the whole week at the cup. just imagine one of the players have to do it. can he or she concentrate then just for what he/she is there (playing darts) if there will be a problem? No.
i our case the team manager organising the hole travel and is responsible for that. its not easy to do it for 8 or more persons. imagine if one of the player have to do it and there is a problem, head free for playing? No.
also dont understimate the important role to stay behind a player when he/she gets problem in a match a.e. starting be less confident, wandering mind and more..just watch some pros at the pdc, they even have personal coach or someone closed (friend or family member) who can give them support..
team manager is important during the team matches (one leg played) he have to advise the players, a.e. who is play the next leg. of course, one of the player can do that as well...but again, free mind during playing? No, and just imagine the responsible player is playing his leg and at the other board starts a problem..well, good reason to start losing a team match...
and there are a few other small tinghs to do...they are all big babys, some more some less, a good team manager knows them all and who needs more attention...

the team manager is sometimes in question even in our country. some tell me, oh you have a nice week of holiday at the cups and i always respond, no i just have 4 days work and losing energy. dont understand me wrong, i like to do it but its not holiday, i just spend my holiday for that..

i have the philosophy that the players dont have to do anything, just go there and play darts and enjoy the time.
I do know what team manager duties are - I worked like one 10 years. I did have the same target: players didn't need to worry about any thing but play. But if there are some economical issues, I do 100 % believe players are able to cope in these circumstances. Have they been asked if they could manage them selves? Has this even been considered? "We have only half of the money, so we can't send any manager for you, is it ok?" Paul probably knows. It may disturb some of the players a bit, but it also may help some as much as nerves are concerned. All the players get their programs where the times and the boards are, markers should know the rules and players can read them as well - and they have stayed similar about 40 years...

I have seen team Russia cope without team manager without understanding any English - and there wasn't any problems. I am sure there wouldn't be any major problems if England would play without manager.
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

of course the players can do everything alone..but if that will happen in our country i dont make meetings and practice for the squads, i dont select players, i dont even care about the national team or the players, because they dont need anybody...travel alone and play alone and do the work behind the scene alone ... very fast they players are moaning..it happen once when one of the team manager suprisingly retired ...and nothing was organised...when i started as a team manager i asked all top players what is important for them...clear rules and good organisation and very good and open conversation between team manager and players they replied...
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

tapsa wrote:
bukowski wrote:
Ginge wrote:
bukowski wrote:
Ginge wrote:

I do know what team manager duties are - I worked like one 10 years. I did have the same target: players didn't need to worry about any thing but play. But if there are some economical issues, I do 100 % believe players are able to cope in these circumstances. Have they been asked if they could manage them selves? Has this even been considered? "We have only half of the money, so we can't send any manager for you, is it ok?" Paul probably knows. It may disturb some of the players a bit, but it also may help some as much as nerves are concerned. All the players get their programs where the times and the boards are, markers should know the rules and players can read them as well - and they have stayed similar about 40 years...

I have seen team Russia cope without team manager without understanding any English - and there wasn't any problems. I am sure there wouldn't be any major problems if England would play without manager.

And the Russians are going again this year. And they don't speak Japanese ;-)
JFT97
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

Bag Carrier wrote:
And the Russians are going again this year. And they don't speak Japanese ;-)
i have Karina in my baggage and one of our supporters speaks japanese and will be our tour guide...so no problem...we can take them with us for the meals in the city :CCCCC:

ok, unfortunately our tour guide is not Brendan:

tapsa
Superleague Player

Post by tapsa »

I remember also when Felix Degen from Switzerland was WDF president, but also part of the team. He was giving some memory pieces at the end parade for each team and when Swiss were coming with three men he smoothly changed size at stage and after that changed back again.

Fitzmaurice had a good line "Switzerland, the richiest country in the world" :)
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

The EDO have one single job, the same purpose for their existence, to promote English darts both on the domestic and on the international stage.

The EDO are not sending a team to the largest and biggest international event on that side of the divide, despite having FOUR YEARS TO PREPARE.
This is an absolute failure on the EDO and no amount of spin, deflection tactics and comparisons to the PDC can alter that fact.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Rout wrote:Nnnnnnng! Peter! Peter! Look!
Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!!!!
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Garry Murphy wrote:The EDO have one single job, the same purpose for their existence, to promote English darts both on the domestic and on the international stage.

The EDO are not sending a team to the largest and biggest international event on that side of the divide, despite having FOUR YEARS TO PREPARE.
This is an absolute failure on the EDO and no amount of spin, deflection tactics and comparisons to the PDC can alter that fact.

That's exactly what I have heard bouncing about. Hey we're started to promote the English team, Some saying they have taken there eye off the ball and concentrated on making ranking events to much.
JFT97
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Bag Carrier wrote:

That's exactly what I have heard bouncing about. Hey we're started to promote the English team, Some saying they have taken there eye off the ball and concentrated on making ranking events to much.

Exactly but it's stereotypical of anything run by amateurs they get embroiled into personal feuds and grudges with people they should be working together with for the greater good of the game.

If they had put 1/2 the amount of effort in the last 4 years into raising funds to send their primary directive to Japan as they have done into making excuses and avoid answering why they haven't fulfilled their sole founding obligations we would now be arguing over how the England team for the World Cup was picked rather than this shameful display of neophytes in action.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

But the bdo/edo/wdf players and fans always said playing for your country was the pinnacle of darts.
Yet all those players tight lipped now about their dream of representing their country ripped from them.

Still, the players, rank and file will simply accept everything and do what they are told as usual and believe the stories of a new era coming soon.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time