2018 Premier League

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
trotter
International

Re: 2018 Premier League

Post by trotter »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Shouldn't this tosh be moved to the General Non Darts Discussion thread or exhibition thread, loads of folk are getting fed up of hearing who a John Smith from Birkenhead expects to picked for the PL just because he smiled at them once.

Whether you like it or not it is one huge event....half the young lads at work are off to Manchester ...another friend bought their parents tickets for Manchester as well...I'm pretty sure none of them would attend any other event...

Whether you like the crowd it attracts or not the fact is its huge and it's draw and coverage it gets for the players is massive....so it's got to be discussed
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

trotter wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:Shouldn't this tosh be moved to the General Non Darts Discussion thread or exhibition thread, loads of folk are getting fed up of hearing who a John Smith from Birkenhead expects to picked for the PL just because he smiled at them once.

Whether you like it or not it is one huge event....half the young lads at work are off to Manchester ...another friend bought their parents tickets for Manchester as well...I'm pretty sure none of them would attend any other event...

Whether you like the crowd it attracts or not the fact is its huge and it's draw and coverage it gets for the players is massive....so it's got to be discussed
Yes I accept it is a massive cash cow and very popular event. The relevant orgs will pick the player selections, no amount of discussion from folk on here is going to change that.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
trotter wrote:

Yes I accept it is a massive cash cow and very popular event. The relevant orgs will pick the player selections, no amount of discussion from folk on here is going to change that.
That's true
robot
Superleague Player

Post by robot »

Astonvilla wrote:I think Lewis will be there.
Which one? :)
2010 TSOD Grand Slam of Darts Prediction Competition - Overall Winner
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

How do know Birkenhead ?

So far Gando, Wright, MVG, Gurney Top 4 so certain.

Suljovic and Cross for form this year.

As no Taylor sky will want names no matter on form so unfortunatley Adie Lewis will get in and Barney too.

Pick other 2 from Price, Whitlick, Smith, Klaasen and a BIG IF Jamie Lewis beats Gando or Taylor in semi I think he may get a shout.
Thinking of one.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

robot wrote:
Astonvilla wrote:I think Lewis will be there.
Which one? :)
I was thinking the same :DDD:
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

I deliberately didnt specify to increase my chances of being proved right.
clemy1989
The Ton Club

Post by clemy1989 »

For the 1st time now I'm starting to believe Phil Taylor may well play the prem league now. It's a glorified exhibition so doesn't effect his retirement from competitive darts. Particularly if he wins the world's, Barry will be desperate to get him in there.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

clemy1989 wrote:For the 1st time now I'm starting to believe Phil Taylor may well play the prem league now. It's a glorified exhibition so doesn't effect his retirement from competitive darts. Particularly if he wins the world's, Barry will be desperate to get him in there.

Yep i'm thinking the same but only if he wins the final, Barry will ask for a special favour. It's one night a week and leaves him free to do exhibitions.
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

phil davies wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
clemy1989 wrote:For the 1st time now I'm starting to believe Phil Taylor may well play the prem league now. It's a glorified exhibition so doesn't effect his retirement from competitive darts. Particularly if he wins the world's, Barry will be desperate to get him in there.

Yep i'm thinking the same but only if he wins the final, Barry will ask for a special favour. It's one night a week and leaves him free to do exhibitions.
I don’t see why he would want to if he wins the final he can go out as his last game on TV him lifting the trophy rather than dragging his arse around for weeks on end.
Exactly can go out as undefeated world champion. They will probably give him the trophy to keep, or is a new one each year ?
Also confirms his greatest ever status as MvG couldn’t get through to final to meet him as bottled it yet again.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

I believe he’s playing in an exbo in Vanuatu the same night as a PL match day.

Retirement ladies and gentleman.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Premier League

Post by Ginge »

Dannyboy wrote:

Vanuatu? Surely you made that up :D
Big Jock Knew
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Ginge wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:

Vanuatu? Surely you made that up :D
http://www.dartplayersaustralia.com/?q=node/90

About 3 weeks after the final here’s there. My apologies my dates were wrong.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Crikey.
Big Jock Knew
xtreme rebel
County Player

Post by xtreme rebel »

MvG
Wright
Gurney
Suljovic
Barney
Cross
Anderson
Price
Whitlock
Van Den Bergh
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

xtreme rebel wrote:MvG
Wright
Gurney
Suljovic
Barney
Cross
Anderson
Price
Whitlock
Van Den Bergh
I think it will be Adrian Lewis instead of Bergh
xtreme rebel
County Player

Post by xtreme rebel »

Skewball wrote:
Wright
Gurney
Suljovic
Barney
Cross
Anderson
Price
Whitlock
Van Den Bergh
I think it will be Adrian Lewis instead of Bergh
Hope not. They can’t justify it. A terrible year and an early exit here. With 10 in the league, there’s good scope to throw in a proper wildcard. Van Den Bergh has a lot going for him in terms of talent, hype and a decent darting character.
Duneh9617
Steady Sixties

Post by Duneh9617 »

Would be too early in his career voor van den Bergh. I think they will put Lewis in beibg a two times world champion. The only other replacement I can see happening would be Michael Smith
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Wright
Gurney
Suljovic
Barney
Cross
Anderson
Price
Whitlock
Van Den Bergh

Surely if van Den Bergh gets in then Jamie Lewis should be in as he went a round further ??
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidB wrote:
Wright
Gurney
Suljovic
Barney
Cross
Anderson
Price
Whitlock
Van Den Bergh

Surely if van Den Bergh gets in then Jamie Lewis should be in as he went a round further ??
Kirk Shepherd got to the final here and didn't get a spot, so it isn't the only factor at play.
Big Jock Knew