International

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Premier League

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ifm wrote:
devosteve wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:Rout in fine form
IMG_0419.PNG
And he's right - the tickets are already sold, so why the angst?
He's not right, just trolling or deluded.

He is not giving an opinion (he would have said, "I don't care who is in the PL), he's stating what he considers a fact: no-one cares. Well he's wrong, lots of folks were interested.

Secondly he makes a fundamental error. What he really is saying is the Pl isn't something of interest but starts with talking about the selection. You can actually lose (or have little) interest in the PL when it starts and yet still be interested in who actually is selected.

I, along with many others, watched the celebrations after the final but also continued watching to see what hearn had to say and who had been selected.
He is sarcastically giving his opinion, Crikey Marvin I know you are blinded by the light but even you must know that the vast majority of the audience of these things don't even care who's in it lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
That's very true, you could grab a couple of people off of the street and none would be the wiser.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ifm
International

Re: 2018 Premier League

Post by ifm »

JOEY wrote:Far to much moaning on here about the premier league, There must be loads of people like me who love watching darts, no matter what tournament it is or whose in it, whether it's a ranking event or not as long as it's competitive I'll always watch
Competitive is the key word there, they all get a big payday and only 2 of them have a realistic chance of winning.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

No one's thinking of the impact caused to players who should rightly be there but get overlooked because someone has a longer goatee......
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Paddy McGinty wrote:No one's thinking of the impact caused to players who should rightly be there but get overlooked because someone has a longer goatee......
Justin Pipe was gutted.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ifm wrote:
JOEY wrote:Far to much moaning on here about the premier league, There must be loads of people like me who love watching darts, no matter what tournament it is or whose in it, whether it's a ranking event or not as long as it's competitive I'll always watch
Competitive is the key word there, they all get a big payday and only 2 of them have a realistic chance of winning.
Bit like this years world championship with the same old faces in the semi finals. Oh wait.......

keep watching Joey. The most interesting line up in the Pl for years imo. The moaners will moan. The quenchers will quench. But the PDC will keep on going.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:
ifm wrote:
Bit like this years world championship with the same old faces in the semi finals. Oh wait.......

keep watching Joey. The most interesting line up in the Pl for years imo. The moaners will moan. The quenchers will quench. But the PDC will keep on going.
The discussion was why it holds little interest to many people, actually a hell of a lot on here too, why not put a counter argument instead of having a pop at folk?
Oh, and we can add sarcasm to humour as things you can't do ;-)

Madsocks
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

devosteve wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:Rout in fine form
IMG_0419.PNG
And he's right - the tickets are already sold, so why the angst?
He's not right, just trolling or deluded.

He is not giving an opinion (he would have said, "I don't care who is in the PL), he's stating what he considers a fact: no-one cares. Well he's wrong, lots of folks were interested.

Secondly he makes a fundamental error. What he really is saying is the Pl isn't something of interest but starts with talking about the selection. You can actually lose (or have little) interest in the PL when it starts and yet still be interested in who actually is selected.

I, along with many others, watched the celebrations after the final but also continued watching to see what hearn had to say and who had been selected.
What I think he's saying is that people who know anything about the game of darts don't care, you can clearly see that by the antics of the crowd who attend.
JOEY
Pub Champion

Post by JOEY »

ifm wrote:

What about wright? Ando? Are they suddenly crap, course they still in with a shout
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

JOEY wrote:
ifm wrote:

What about wright? Ando? Are they suddenly crap, course they still in with a shout
We'll move on from 'has MVG won this yet', 'has Peter Wright won this yet' to 'has Rob Cross won this yet' soon enough.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

JOEY wrote:
ifm wrote:

I was on about Wright and MVG, Ando just doesn't seem interested in darts these days.

Madsocks
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

JOEY wrote:
ifm wrote:

Oh Joey, someone had to finally bite to this eventually I suppose.
Dreamboy501
Brass Darts

Post by Dreamboy501 »

Any idea of when will the fixtures come out?

I assume it will be next week now....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Dreamboy501 wrote:Any idea of when will the fixtures come out?

I assume it will be next week now....

Today

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2018/01/16/2018 ... e-fixtures
Big Jock Knew
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

In a perfect scenario for hype, MVG will get his revenge and beat Cross in the Masters final next weekend, setting up a crazy PL rematch 4 days later!
Dreamboy501
Brass Darts

Post by Dreamboy501 »

Canuck_bully wrote:In a perfect scenario for hype, MVG will get his revenge and beat Cross in the Masters final next weekend, setting up a crazy PL rematch 4 days later!
How about VOLTAGE getting one over MvG in the Masters and MvG will be green with revenge for Dublin?

Wait a moment though.... That is not the Masters final I am hoping for since MvG in the Semis he should be facing a certain GARY ANDERSON which will UNDOUBTEDLY and HOPEFULLY try to pile more misery on the Green Machine..

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Looking forward to a decent night in Glasgow. Was hoping Gary would get drawn against Gerwyn that night.
Attachments
IMG_20180117_143602.jpg
IMG_20180117_143602.jpg (177.11 KiB) Viewed 1300 times

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Dreamboy501
Brass Darts

Post by Dreamboy501 »

ssjsa wrote:Looking forward to a decent night in Glasgow. Was hoping Gary would get drawn against Gerwyn that night.
Will you be going there?

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Dreamboy501 wrote:
ssjsa wrote:Looking forward to a decent night in Glasgow. Was hoping Gary would get drawn against Gerwyn that night.
Will you be going there?

Absolutely. Day out on the lash in Glasgow before rocking up to the Hydro. Best atmosphere I have experienced at a darts venue.

Dreamboy501
Brass Darts

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 Premier League

Post by Dreamboy501 »

ssjsa wrote:
Dreamboy501 wrote:
Will you be going there?

Absolutely. Day out on the lash in Glasgow before rocking up to the Hydro. Best atmosphere I have experienced at a darts venue.
Maybe next year.... For sure I'd like to come along before Gary retires....

ssjsa
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 Premier League

Post by ssjsa »

Dreamboy501 wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Dreamboy501 wrote:
Will you be going there?

Maybe next year.... For sure I'd like to come along before Gary retires....

It's fair to say Gary gets a good reception in Glasgow. :grin: