2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Re: 2018 Premier League

Post by ssjsa »

Stats from Christopher.

The totals and week-by-week progression of the Premier League players' treble 20 accuracy percentage. MvG nearly reached 60% accuracy on the T20 vs Anderson.
Attachments
IMG_20180216_111000.jpg
IMG_20180216_111000.jpg (211.64 KiB) Viewed 1341 times

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

MICHAEL VAN GERWEN has hailed rival Gary Anderson following the pair's thrilling Unibet Premier League tie in Newcastle on Thursday.

Van Gerwen got back to winning ways in the Premier League with a 7-3 defeat of the Scot in arguably the highest-quality game in the 14-year history of the event.

Both players averaged over 110, while Anderson took out a sensational 170 checkout to move 3-2 up in a leg where Van Gerwen had hit seven perfect darts.

The Dutchman ended the contest with seven 180s and finished seven doubles from 12 attempts in a clinical display, while Anderson landed four maximums and two 177s only to see the world number one sweep to victory with five straight legs.

Having lost out to Peter Wright in Cardiff on Night Two, Van Gerwen believes that the tie with Anderson was perfect for him to bounce back.

"I think it was a great game for people to watch and also for us to play in," said Van Gerwen.

"In the last two weeks I've not been at my best but Gary brings a little bit extra out of me.

"When you play like this against an opponent like Gary, it gives you a lot of confidence for the rest of the Premier League.

"I missed two darts to go 3-0 so I was a little bit annoyed with that, but I was so focused that I felt there was more in the game, and I showed it. I know now my A game and I want to do it more often.

"We were both phenomenal and we can both be happy with the performance, but it's most important that I got the two points because I needed that to keep up with the players at the top of the table.

"I've had Rob Cross, Peter Wright and Gary Anderson and four points is not too bad."

Thursday's game echoed the pair's meeting in the 2017 Dubai Duty Free Darts Masters final, where Anderson took victory in another tie where both players averaged over 110.

The pair also enjoyed another fast-paced thriller in the 2017 World Championship final, when Van Gerwen (107.79) defeated Anderson (104.93) at Alexandra Palace 7-3 in sets.

Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

ssjsa wrote:MICHAEL VAN GERWEN has hailed rival Gary Anderson following the pair's thrilling Unibet Premier League tie in Newcastle on Thursday.

Van Gerwen got back to winning ways in the Premier League with a 7-3 defeat of the Scot in arguably the highest-quality game in the 14-year history of the event.

Both players averaged over 110, while Anderson took out a sensational 170 checkout to move 3-2 up in a leg where Van Gerwen had hit seven perfect darts.

The Dutchman ended the contest with seven 180s and finished seven doubles from 12 attempts in a clinical display, while Anderson landed four maximums and two 177s only to see the world number one sweep to victory with five straight legs.

Having lost out to Peter Wright in Cardiff on Night Two, Van Gerwen believes that the tie with Anderson was perfect for him to bounce back.

"I think it was a great game for people to watch and also for us to play in," said Van Gerwen.

"In the last two weeks I've not been at my best but Gary brings a little bit extra out of me.

"When you play like this against an opponent like Gary, it gives you a lot of confidence for the rest of the Premier League.

"I missed two darts to go 3-0 so I was a little bit annoyed with that, but I was so focused that I felt there was more in the game, and I showed it. I know now my A game and I want to do it more often.

"We were both phenomenal and we can both be happy with the performance, but it's most important that I got the two points because I needed that to keep up with the players at the top of the table.

"I've had Rob Cross, Peter Wright and Gary Anderson and four points is not too bad."

Thursday's game echoed the pair's meeting in the 2017 Dubai Duty Free Darts Masters final, where Anderson took victory in another tie where both players averaged over 110.

The pair also enjoyed another fast-paced thriller in the 2017 World Championship final, when Van Gerwen (107.79) defeated Anderson (104.93) at Alexandra Palace 7-3 in sets.
Proper darts, no aggro, both just enjoying themselves throwing brilliant darts. Though I thnk if the scores had been reversed, MVG would not have been as cheery as Gary!
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Canuck_bully wrote:
ssjsa wrote:MICHAEL VAN GERWEN has hailed rival Gary Anderson following the pair's thrilling Unibet Premier League tie in Newcastle on Thursday.

Proper darts, no aggro, both just enjoying themselves throwing brilliant darts. Though I thnk if the scores had been reversed, MVG would not have been as cheery as Gary!
Missed doubles cost gary at least a draw, but it was one of the best matches I have seen in a long time. Whole pub was quiet as we all watched it.
Ranny
Steady Sixties

Post by Ranny »

Chef from Sweden wrote:
DavidB wrote:
ChrisW wrote:RTL7 showing the Lewis incident and discussing it with Scholten.
Seemed to be hinting there might be more going on than shown in the footage.

Like??
Didn't Andy Hamilton mention something comparable?
Sorry for bringing up an old post.

There seems to be a concerted smear to transfer blame onto the opponent, when from available video he appears blameless.
Dreamboy501
Brass Darts

Post by Dreamboy501 »

Wright showed that he is a bad loser last Thursday.... Watch out Snakebite... VOLTAGE is coming to get your 2nd place in the Rankings!!!

With regards the GARY ANDERSON game, I was expecting a loss... At least we've seen a 170 check out from the Scottish....

By the way, no one expected Smith and Whitlock to be top of the table after week 3... Hats off to both of them...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ranny wrote:
Chef from Sweden wrote:
DavidB wrote:

Like??

There seems to be a concerted smear to transfer blame onto the opponent, when from available video he appears blameless.
Yeah there is an interesting story behind it all, i can't reveal it though :grin:
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ifm wrote:
Ranny wrote:
Chef from Sweden wrote:
DavidB wrote:

Like??

Yeah there is an interesting story behind it all, i can't reveal it though :grin:
I thought you weren't allowed to mention that.........naughty boy.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Tweet from Premium Dart Data

Michael van Gerwen has an 100+ average in 27! straight matches in the #PremierLeagueDarts
Nobody has done this before.
His last average -100 average was against James Wade in 2016: 96.82

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

DARYL GURNEY is confident that he can turn around his Unibet Premier League season, as he bids to claim his first win when the tournament visits Berlin on Thursday.

World Grand Prix champion Gurney is one of four Premier League debutants so far this season, and although he has drawn with Raymond van Barneveld and Gerwyn Price the Northern Irish ace has yet to taste victory.

He went down 7-4 on Night Two to Michael Smith, and will now meet world number one Michael van Gerwen when the Premier League makes its first visit to Berlin on Thursday, in front of a record 12,000 fans.

Gurney is hoping to hit his best form in Germany as he targets a maiden Premier League triumph.

"I still haven't played my best yet," said Gurney. "In my own opinion, I haven't been that good.

"I've got to cut out the mediocre stuff, play proper darts - the way I have been practising.

"The way I've played in the last couple of weeks, I've been steady enough, playing okay but I can play so much better.

"I'm putting in the practice and hitting more 100 averages than I ever have, and for some reason I keep wiring doubles on the stage."

Gurney has been ahead in both games which he has drawn, and he conceded that he needs to be more ruthless, especially after allowing a 5-1 lead to slip against Price.

"I got in front and all of a sudden I lost the gas pedal and went on the brake, but it's my own fault," he said.

"Gerwyn got back in the game and for some reason I seemed to get nervous.

"I still got a point - it could be worse. I'm putting myself in a good position but I need to keep my foot on the gas.

"I'm going to have to take it the same way I took the Barneveld game. It was the same thing, but you've got to take it on the chin."

Unibet Premier League
Night Four - February 22    
Mercedes-Benz Arena, Berlin
Michael Smith v Simon Whitlock
Gerwyn Price v Mensur Suljovic
Michael van Gerwen v Daryl Gurney
Rob Cross v Raymond van Barneveld
Peter Wright v Gary Anderson
Tickets via PDC Europe and through Affilitix +49 361 644 189 760 and with email support via ticket@affilitix.de

BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

I see bigworm was planning on going to this tomorrow with some free tickets, scavenging again no doubt.
Can't justify the plane fare and hotel costs now though, what a choker.
Dreamboy501
Brass Darts

Post by Dreamboy501 »

Good morning all. Given how the Standings are tonight I would have changed the order of play as follows:

1. Van Gerwen vs Gurney
2. Price vs Suljovic
3. CROSS vs Barney
4. Wright vs GARY
5. Smith vs Whitlock

I would leave the top of the table match for last for the excitement.... And it would put both players under pressure since a van Gerwen win would have put him on top prior to the Smith v Whitlock match.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

12,000 SET TO WELCOME UNIBET PREMIER LEAGUE'S BERLIN DEBUT

THE Unibet Premier League will enjoy a record-breaking debut in Germany on Thursday night, as 12,000 fans at Berlin's Mercedes-Benz Arena witness a top-of-the-table clash between Simon Whitlock and Michael Smith.

The Premier League's incredible growth since being introduced to the calendar in 2005 has seen the UK and Ireland's leading arenas joined by Rotterdam Ahoy in hosting the sport's top players.

Darts' increasing popularity in Germany led to this year's fourth league night being held in Berlin, with Thursday's event set to welcome the PDC's largest-ever crowd following an amazing response from fans.

The five massive matches in the German capital will begin with the meeting between the Premier League's table-toppers as Whitlock and Smith bid to continue their winning starts to the season.

The pair were two of the three outsiders with sponsors Unibet ahead of the season, but after each picking up three victories to start the campaign sit two points clear of reigning champion Michael van Gerwen.

"It's going to be amazing this week and I can't wait," said Whitlock. "I'm over the moon with how things have gone so far and Michael's been great too.

"A year ago, me and Michael were talking to each other and we believed we should have been in the Premier League. That 12 months has done us the world of good, and now look at us - we're flying!

"I'm really proud of Michael because he's a class player and he deserves to be in the Premier League, and he's showing why. I'm feeling confident too, and I've got the desire inside to be one of the best."

Smith concedes that his confidence is growing week-on-week during his strong start to the season, which has been accompanied by a ProTour victory earlier in February.

"I'm taking my chances at the moment but I still don't think I'm at my best - when my A-game kicks in I think I can destroy people on the board," said the former World Youth Champion.

"My family life's good, I can't argue about my darts and I'm winning matches. Last time I was in the Premier League it took me five weeks to get a point and now I've had a great start.

"I'm aiming to stay in the top four and I'm want to win this. I want to go unbeaten, and now I believe in myself that I'm one of the best players in the world."

World number one Van Gerwen takes on World Grand Prix champion Daryl Gurney in another eagerly-awaited contest at the Mercedes-Benz Arena.

The Dutchman averaged 110 in victory over Gary Anderson last week before winning both Players Championship events held in Barnsley over the weekend, and Van Gerwen is in confident mood travelling to Berlin.

"The last week has been brilliant and the win over Gary was great, but I have to make sure I prepare for Daryl now," said Van Gerwen. "I didn't have a good couple of weeks but I'm feeling good now.

"I've had Rob Cross, Peter Wright and Gary Anderson and four points is not too bad but I want to be top of the table and I'm not, so that gives me something to chase."

Gurney is still chasing the first win of his debut Premier League season, and after twice allowing a lead to slip in taking a pair of draws the reigning World Grand Prix champion is looking to recapture his killer instinct this week.

"I still haven't played my best yet," said Gurney. "In my own opinion, I haven't been that good.

"I've got to cut out the mediocre stuff, play proper darts - the way I have been practising. I'm putting myself in a good position but I need to keep my foot on the gas.

"The way I've played in the last couple of weeks, I've been steady enough, playing okay but I can play so much better."

World Champion Rob Cross picked up his first win of the season in Newcastle last week, and is aiming to continue his return to form against 2014 Premier League champion Raymond van Barneveld in Berlin.

"It doesn't matter how you're playing as long as you're winning and it was good to get the win last week," said Cross. "I'm starting to get back to my old self now.

"I'm adamant that after winning the World Championship, if we'd had a competition the following weekend I'd have kept that momentum going, but when you've got that four-week gap it's damaged me.

"I was like starting again and I've never experienced that before. The Premier League's still new for me but I'm getting back into my routine, playing more and my practice is going well, and I'll get better.

"It's probably as crucial a game for me on Thursday against Raymond as it was last week. It's going to be massive in Berlin and a new experience, and it's a privilege to be a part of nights like this.

"I'm excited, I'm ready to play Raymond and I think it will be a good game."

Van Barneveld is bidding to bounce back from last week's defeat to Whitlock in Newcastle to claim his second win of the campaign.

"I always feel good in Germany, and it's going to be a huge crowd in Berlin," said the Dutch legend. "I'm really focused on playing the World Champion Rob Cross.

"I've got three points from the first three weeks but I want to hopefully get a couple more points tomorrow and I'm confident."

UK Open finalist Gerwyn Price is set to take on Austria's Mensur Suljovic, with the Welshman having drawn twice so far this season as he aims to claim his first win in Berlin.

"I'm really looking forward to it," said Price. "I've got to get out of the blocks a bit quicker, but I've been enjoying it.

"The last few weeks have been brilliant, especially in Cardiff, but in Berlin it's going to be immense. I'm up against someone who the Germans will probably support.

"Sometimes when the crowd's against me it spurs me on. I've played against Gary Anderson in Glasgow and I seem to play well against the German players in the European Tour events. It's going to be exciting."

Scottish pair Peter Wright and Gary Anderson also face off on Thursday - having previously teamed up in Germany to represent their country in the World Cup of Darts.

"It's going to be a tough game," said Wright. "I've been a bit up and down but I've got three points on the board.

"Gary's back is a lot better now and the way he played last week against Michael van Gerwen was fantastic. Gary and players like that always bring the best out of me.

"I lost last Thursday and didn't have a great weekend so I've been trying to get some practice in and I'm mentally prepared, so we'll see how it goes, but it should be a good game.

"I love it out in Germany. The fans are amazing, they make me feel welcome and sing their song to me, and I think because I have crazy hair and the crazy outfits they've taken to me. It should be an amazing atmosphere."

Although 12,000 tickets have been sold for Thursday's Unibet Premier League in Berlin, a small number of tickets remain on sale through www.pdc-europe.tv.

Unibet Premier League
Night Four - February 22    
Mercedes-Benz Arena, Berlin
Michael Smith v Simon Whitlock
Gerwyn Price v Mensur Suljovic
Michael van Gerwen v Daryl Gurney
Rob Cross v Raymond van Barneveld
Peter Wright v Gary Anderson

BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

12000 spectators, all watching 5 games of darts.
Remarkable.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Not sold out.

The bubble is bursting.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

BlueSpark wrote:12000 spectators, all watching 5 games of darts.
Remarkable.
It's insane! It's more than most football matches and your allowed to sell alcohol all the way through darts, so more profitable.

Though how much is a ticket to a Bayern home game, i'm sure they're capped or very low?
JOEY
Pub Champion

Post by JOEY »

What's the best bets tonight please ssjsa!!!!!
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Premier League

Post by Ginge »

JOEY wrote:What's the best bets tonight please ssjsa!!!!!
Zenit to beat Celtic :)
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

JOEY wrote:What's the best bets tonight please ssjsa!!!!!
Ando at evens to beat Snakebite.

Gary is always at his most intense when he has a dislike of his opponent. Peter and Price fit the bill perfectly.