Heard a rumour? - Post it here
BlueSpark
International

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Premier League

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote:
Bram_1900 wrote:
26scored wrote:
ChrisW wrote:When is the schedule of play released.
https://www.pdc.tv/news/2018/04/09/unib ... 5-fixtures
Shame they dont let at least one of the Dutch players play twice on one of the evenings in Rotterdam
But then you have them playing each other in Rotterdam. What would you like next, the WDT to sell out all 460 table seats every session?
More chance of getting the moon on a stick.
Ginge
International

Re: 2018 Premier League

Post by Ginge »

Ha!
Big Jock Knew
Bram_1900
County Player

Post by Bram_1900 »

Ginge wrote:
Bram_1900 wrote:
26scored wrote:
Shame they dont let at least one of the Dutch players play twice on one of the evenings in Rotterdam
But then you have them playing each other in Rotterdam. What would you like next, the moon on a stick?
If you can add a drop of Jupiter to it, yes please.

Would rather see them playing some other player.Going to Rotterdam on thursday and I will only have 1 match with Dutch players.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Bram_1900 wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Bram_1900 wrote:
26scored wrote:
But then you have them playing each other in Rotterdam. What would you like next, the moon on a stick?
If you can add a drop of Jupiter to it, yes please.

Would rather see them playing some other player.Going to Rotterdam on thursday and I will only have 1 match with Dutch players.
You meant Jupiler surely?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Looking forward to the 1st night of phase 2 of the PL.

Big night for both Barney and Snakebite playing twice and in need of points.
Attachments
IMG_20180411_122653.jpg
IMG_20180411_122653.jpg (344.87 KiB) Viewed 1231 times

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

PETER WRIGHT and Raymond van Barneveld are aiming to kick-start their Unibet Premier League seasons as the tournament visits The FlyDSA Arena in Sheffield on Thursday.

Following the elimination of Mensur Suljovic and Gerwyn Price on Judgement Night in Liverpool a week ago, the remaining eight players now turn their sights on trying to secure a Play-Off place.

Draws for Wright against Simon Whitlock and Daryl Gurney over the past fortnight have helped the 2017 runner-up to avoid elimination after he suffered three successive 7-1 defeats.

The 2017 runner-up takes on Gary Anderson and Van Barneveld in Sheffield, knowing that two wins could put him in the thick of the Play-Off race.

"Raymond and Gary are great players and I have to look at Sheffield like I would a European Tour or some of the big TV events," said Wright.

"It's two top players in one night and the only way to get what you want is by beating them all.

"It's starting to come together and I'm looking forward to the rest of the Premier League season.

"The plan is to keep picking up the wins, I know I'm capable of beating the top players so I have to keep believing.

"I'm confident going forward. I've got hard games but I know I can win them and I think I'll qualify for The O2."

Van Barneveld opens the night against Daryl Gurney before returning to face Wright, and although the 2014 champion sits in seventh place in the table the Dutchman has his sights on the top four.

"Everyone still has a chance to make the Play-Offs," said Van Barneveld. "It's a fresh start and I will have to beat my opponents to pass them, but I believe I still have the game to do so.

"Daryl really found his way into the competition. He's playing well at the moment and will be tough to beat, and then I've got Peter.

"Everyone has seen that he had his ups and downs but he is class. Don't forget he is the only player to beat Michael van Gerwen in this Premier League so far.

"He is the number two in the world for a reason, he's a brilliant darts player."

League leader Michael van Gerwen will come up against Simon Whitlock, with the Australian sitting in fourth place on ten points as he targets a third Play-Off campaign following a strong first half of the season.

"I'd love to be in the Play-Offs - that's my goal now," said Whitlock. "I've done the first section and avoided elimination and now I'm looking to make The O2. That's my dream.

"There's a long way to go, another seven more games, but if I can get another ten points then maybe I'll make the Play-Offs. I just take one week at a time now and enjoy it, because I love it."

The players in second and third place, Michael Smith and Rob Cross, also clash in Sheffield as they bid to maintain their own strong form.

"I've enjoyed it and it's fantastic with the crowds - it's unique," said Cross, who has won six of his last seven matches.

"It's brilliant - I look forward to it every Thursday whether it goes right or wrong!

"All the games are going to be tough but I've got used to the Premier League now and I feel good, I'm nice and relaxed.

"Now maybe I'm looked upon that I should win but it doesn't always happen that way and I'm still learning.

"I've only had 15 months as a professional and I'm nowhere the finished article, and I'm going to carry on learning for the next two or three years."

Thursday's action will be preceded at 7.05pm by a minute's applause in memory of Eric Bristow, and fans are encouraged to be in their seats for the start of the event to be part of this tribute.

The Unibet Premier League at The FlyDSA Arena in Sheffield will be broadcast live on Sky Sports from 7pm on Thursday, and aired worldwide through the PDC's international broadcast partners and for PDCTV-HD Subscribers outside of the UK, Ireland & Netherlands.

In addition, the Unibet Premier League will feature radio commentary throughout the season on talkSPORT and talkSPORT2. For further details of coverage, please visit www.talksport.co.uk.

Tickets for Thursday's Unibet Premier League at The FlyDSA Arena in Sheffield are still available via www.flydsaarena.co.uk and 0114 256 5656.

Unibet Premier League
Night Ten - April 12
The FlyDSA Arena, Sheffield
Raymond van Barneveld v Daryl Gurney
Gary Anderson v Peter Wright
Simon Whitlock v Michael van Gerwen
Michael Smith v Rob Cross
Raymond van Barneveld v Peter Wright
Tickets via www.flydsaarena.co.uk and 0114 256 5656

Unibet Match Odds - Night Ten, Sheffield
6/4 Raymond van Barneveld
33/10 Draw
27/20 Daryl Gurney

9/10 Gary Anderson
33/10 Draw
12/5 Peter Wright

9/1 Simon Whitlock
15/2 Draw
1/6 Michael van Gerwen

12/5 Michael Smith
33/10 Draw
22/25 Rob Cross

9/5 Raymond van Barneveld
33/10 Draw
23/20 Peter Wright
Odds courtesy www.unibet.co.uk and correct at time of writing. Subject to fluctuation.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

GERWYN PRICE suffered elimination from the Unibet Premier League on Judgement Night, and Jamie Banks looks back on a mixed start to 2018 for the Welshman.

The start of 2018 has been an intriguing one in the career of Gerwyn Price.

The 2017 UK Open finalist began the year being selected as part of the Unibet Premier League elite, but heads into April with new drive and mental strength having failed to make his mark on the competition.

Price was eliminated after Judgement Night after failing to win any of his nine matches, but instead of letting that take a negative affect on his career, he is using it to drive him forward.

"At no point did I believe I wasn’t good enough to be there, I just didn't expect how difficult certain parts of it would be," said Price.

"I will take so much away from the Premier League though, it will help me mentally and if I ever get another chance I know I'll be ready.

"The crowds were great, the venues were amazing and I'm so glad to have been given the opportunity, I just wasn’t mentally ready this time round."

The 33-year-old, known for his passionate persona on stage, also discussed how being out of the competition will allow him to focus his attention on other events and begin to recover his form.

"There are some great events coming up," he added. "I'm really looking forward to going away for the European Tour events that are coming up and having a real good go at those.

"I knew the Premier League would be tough but the travel made it even more difficult. Without that now I can enjoy going away more without the pressure of knowing I have Premier League on a Thursday."

Price will be part of Wales' team at the Betway World Cup of Darts later in the year, and is relishing the opportunity to represent his country again.

"When I play for my country it brings the best out of me," said Price. "I know it's not just me; it's my partner and my country and I want to be as good as I can be for them."

Wales reached the final of the 2017 World Cup, narrowly missing out on the final day to eventual winners the Netherlands, but Price cites that as big moment in his career.

"I was playing well before the World Cup last year but that competition definitely helped kick me on during the rest of the year," he reflects.

"It will be good to have the Welsh shirt on and hopefully we can do well again this year.

"I'm in a different frame of mind now, there is a lot to look forward to this year."

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

PETER WRIGHT is aiming to kick-start his Unibet Premier League campaign with Thursday's double-header at The FlyDSA Arena in Sheffield.

The 2017 runner-up goes into the second phase of the season in eighth place after avoiding elimination on Judgement Night, with two draws in the past fortnight helping secure his status in the event.

Wright's only victory of the season so far came on Night Two against Michael van Gerwen, with four other draws joined by four defeats during an inconsistent two months on the oche.

With seven games remaining, Wright is now targeting a top-four finish to secure a Play-Off spot, with his games against Gary Anderson and Raymond van Barneveld in Sheffield being a chance to close the gap on his rivals.

"The first half of the season was something to forget really," said Wright.

"I had two good performances, one against Michael and the draw against Gary, who was winning everything at the time.

"Some of my performances have been annoying but that's darts and you just have to get on with it. If it comes then great but if it doesn't you just have to move on.

"I have to forget all of that now though and move on to the rest of the season.

"Winning obviously helps, so the last couple of weeks in the Premier League have been ok and I've had some good runs on the European Tour as well.

"I've changed my flights and the averages are starting to get back towards the 100 mark. It's definitely getting there.

"The plan is to keep picking up the wins, I know I'm capable of beating the top players so I have to keep believing.

"I'm confident going forward. I've got hard games but I know I can win them and I think I'll qualify for The O2."

Wright plays UK Open champion Gary Anderson in his opening fixture in Sheffield before returning to the stage against five-time World Champion Raymond van Barneveld.

The Scot knows that picking up four points on the night could prove crucial to his season, and added: "Raymond and Gary are great players and I have to look at Sheffield like I would a European Tour or some of the big TV events.

"It's two top players in one night and the only way to get what you want is by beating them all.

"It's starting to come together and I'm looking forward to the rest of the Premier League season."

Wright's Premier League clash with Daryl Gurney in Liverpool was played as news broke of Eric Bristow's death, and the pair emotionally embraced on stage at the end of the contest.

"It was a big shock," admitted Wright, who snatched a draw with a 12-darter in the deciding leg. "I found out just before my game so it was very emotional for me.

"The crowd were so amazing, singing his name and that’s what got me going.

"It was an emotional night but I just concentrated on trying to stay in the Premier League. Obviously Mensur was out before I played so the pressure was off a little but I still wanted to pick up the win."

The Unibet Premier League at The FlyDSA Arena in Sheffield will be broadcast live on Sky Sports from 7pm on Thursday, and aired worldwide through the PDC's international broadcast partners and for PDCTV-HD Subscribers outside of the UK, Ireland & Netherlands.

In addition, the Unibet Premier League will feature radio commentary throughout the season on talkSPORT and talkSPORT2. For further details of coverage, please visit www.talksport.co.uk.

Tickets for Thursday's Unibet Premier League at The FlyDSA Arena in Sheffield are still available via www.flydsaarena.co.uk and 0114 256 5656.

Unibet Premier League
Night Ten - April 12
The FlyDSA Arena, Sheffield
Raymond van Barneveld v Daryl Gurney
Gary Anderson v Peter Wright
Simon Whitlock v Michael van Gerwen
Michael Smith v Rob Cross
Raymond van Barneveld v Peter Wright

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Courtesy of darts statistician Carl Fletcher.

Michael Smith's had 131 darts at a double during this year's #PremierLeagueDarts. 102 (77.86%) have been at either D20 (70), D10 (24) or D5 (8).

An overview of all 8 players record at doubles in order of frequency attempted (min 10 attempts) + Bull attempts so far.
Attachments
IMG_20180412_155944.jpg
IMG_20180412_155944.jpg (151.78 KiB) Viewed 1115 times

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Courtesy of TheRedBit.

Gerwyn Price is the only player not to average 100 in a PL game. MvG is quite the opposite, he is on a run of 32 PL games on the spin averaging 100 or more.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Snakebite's tribute to Eric.
Attachments
IMG_20180412_195241.jpg
IMG_20180412_195241.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 1032 times

The Shank
Superleague Player

Post by The Shank »

Should be some cracking games tonight.
"Russia committed worse atrocities than Hitler in WW2" - IFM.
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

PDC,tv is down again!
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Canuck_bully wrote:PDC,tv is down again!
Just watch any pl game on youtube ;-)
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Or think of a dart with a "golden" coating, one might call a dart "an arrow" or: http://goldenarrowschannel.info/stream1.html.
The Shank
Superleague Player

Post by The Shank »

Good start for Gurney.
"Russia committed worse atrocities than Hitler in WW2" - IFM.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Big B fighting.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Barney seems to have gone well off the boil. Gurney coasting.

Case
County Player

Post by Case »

ssjsa wrote:Barney seems to have gone well off the boil. Gurney coasting.
Barney sussing everyone quite early (WC) this year.
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

ifm wrote:
Canuck_bully wrote:PDC,tv is down again!
Just watch any pl game on youtube ;-)
Its working now, missed the intro and first 2 legs of the opener. I pay for a years subscription in advance, works out around 100 CAD for the year, great value in general, just the habit they have of missing the first half hour of broadcast with either PDC.tv down or they forget to turn the stream on.