Re: 2018 Premier League

Post by BlueSpark »

IMG_0575.PNG
IMG_0575.PNG (177.05 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

fek it, PDC website and streams once again down during the PL.
At least the 4th time this season, and I did not even watch more than half of the PL nights.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Duterprat wrote:fek it, PDC website and streams once again down during the PL.
At least the 4th time this season, and I did not even watch more than half of the PL nights.
They are shite.
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

BlueSpark wrote:
They are shite.
In deed. I bet the stream itself is working flawlessly as it is hosted by akamai CDN, but that does hardly help when you can't login. Maybe they should not host their grotesquely overloaded clusterfuck of a website on a Raspi under rod harringtons bed. Money is better spent on infrastructure than on fancy design shit.
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

BlueSpark wrote:
They are shite.
Been frequent down times on since the World champs (never have any trouble during pro tour or euro tour events), usually works by now though. Looks like they need to invest in some more bandwidth to cope with the heavier traffic on the bigger events as not good enough for a paid service.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

That's another -5 points for me then :D
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote:That's another -5 points for me then :D
Had mine first game :grin:
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

I thought this was finished.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ifm wrote:I thought this was finished.
0/10
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

The wizard wins a game!!!!!
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Not going well for my predictions yet.....
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

BlueSpark wrote:7-1!
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
stop highlighting how a 50 year old man dressed like a clown lost 7-1.

He will complain there should be social media laws against :grin: it
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

BlueSpark wrote:
0/10
Was that MVG v any opponent?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ifm wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
0/10
Was that MVG v any opponent?
No mate.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

As working today, only just caught up on Sky+ with MVG up 2-0 against Bullyboy.

Pretty strange night of darts.

Smith great against Snakebite and well deserved 7-1 winner.

Thought Gurney played well and showed a lot of bottle against MVG with his 35th I think consecutive ton plus average in the PL.

Gary did not play well and lost against a not brilliant Whitlock.

Cross looked nervous and a point was a good result for him.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Unibet Premier League
Night 13 - April 26
The Manchester Arena, Manchester

Peter Wright (97.86) 1 (12) 7 (104.86) Michael Smith
Daryl Gurney (100.16) 6 (12) 6 (104.96) Michael van Gerwen
Simon Whitlock (96.78) 7 (12) 5 (94.45) Gary Anderson
Raymond van Barneveld (94.02) 6 (12) 6 (94.55) Rob Cross
Michael Smith (96.28) 1 (12) 7 (94.76) Michael van Gerwen

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Top 4 all but decided but given the difference in prize money between being a semi finalist and a finalist, Ando, Cross and Bullyboy will all be pushing to avoid the 4th place position.
Attachments
IMG_20180426_221517.jpg
IMG_20180426_221517.jpg (89.86 KiB) Viewed 2105 times

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Tweet from Barney:

A point was not enough to give me another chance at the playoffs. @RobCross180 wasn’t at his best also so a draw was fair. After the match had doping test !! Now in the hotel. Thanks for your support Manchester.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

So they still think players are using drugs then......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

MICHAEL VAN GERWEN became the first player to book his place in the Unibet Premier League Play-Offs as he picked up three vital points at The Manchester Arena on Thursday.

The world number one now sits three points clear at the top of the league going into the final two games before the top four play-off at The O2 next month.

Last week's double-header in Rotterdam saw the world number one lose twice, but he stopped the rot with a stunning 7-1 win over Michael Smith and a 6-6 draw with Daryl Gurney in Manchester.

"I feel good, I didn't make a lot of mistakes and now I can focus on The O2," said Van Gerwen.

"I believe in myself. I know what I can do, I've been top of the table for the last five years.

"I know I can be better but it doesn't matter because I'm top of the table."

The Dutch ace was in relentless form as he raced into a 6-0 lead over second-placed Smith.

The St Helens man stopped the rot in the seventh leg, only for Van Gerwen to finish the job in efficient style to end a successful night for the two-time World Champion.

Earlier in the evening Van Gerwen ended his two-game losing run as he salvaged a 6-6 draw with Daryl Gurney.

Gurney fought back from 3-1 down to keep his hopes of making the Play-Offs alive, as his clinical finishing saw him miss just three darts at double in the game.

Van Gerwen started quickly, rattling off the first two legs, including a 130 checkout in the first, before Gurney took out an impressive 107 finish to pull one back.

The pair were neck and neck throughout the game, before Gurney produced a stunning 156 checkout to level at 5-5.

The Northern Irishman then edged 6-5 ahead, only for Van Gerwen to hold his nerve in the final leg to deny the Gurney the two points.

"I knew I had to take something from the game and the 156 probably got me the point in the end," said Gurney.

"I could see that Michael was nervous but I didn't throw enough in the last leg to get the two points.

"To be 6-5 up and if Michael had a bad leg I could maybe have stolen the game, but he started off with a 180 and I knew then I was kindof in trouble. At that stage I knew I was probably going to get a point.

"I don't care who I'm playing - I never ever give up. I'm one of the best players in the world for one reason, and it doesn't matter who I'm playing I won't give up or give them an easy game."

The opening game of the evening saw Smith go some way to securing his place in the Unibet Premier League Play-Offs with a convincing 7-1 win over Peter Wright.

Smith was in rampant form as he recorded an impressive 104.86 average to end Wright’s Play-Off hopes.

The former World Youth Champion fired in four 180s, along with two ton-plus finishes, on his way to all but booking his place at The O2 next month.

Smith began the match in blistering fashion, taking out 128 in the fourth leg as he raced into a 4-0 lead, before Wright pegged one back with a 100 finish.

But the St Helens star was in unstoppable form in Manchester and won the next three legs in swift fashion, including a magnificent 126 finish in the seventh leg, to wrap up a crucial victory.

Simon Whitlock brought Gary Anderson's four-game winning run to an end with a 7-5 victory.

The defeat for Anderson means his place in the top-four is still not assured, while the two points moved Whitlock above Wright into seventh spot.

Although the Australian star cannot qualify for the Play-Offs, Whitlock showed plenty of fight as he fired in four 180s en route to ending his three-game losing run.

The match was nip and tuck throughout, before Whitlock edged into a 6-4 lead.

The 2012 finalist missed one dart at double top to win the match, only for Anderson to produce a stunning 135 finish on the bull to break the Australian's throw.

The Scot threw first in the final leg as he attempted to salvage a vital point to help book his place at The O2, but missed dart at double top to claim a draw before Whitlock ended the game with a 70 finish.

"To bounce back this week and beat one of the best players on the planet is amazing for me," said Whitlock.

"I don't want to finish eighth, but I'll just play each game as it comes now and hopefully play the darts I know I can.

"I know I'm not going to make the Play-Offs, but I'm going to try my heart out every single week. I love playing darts and I love the Premier League.

"It's been a disappointing month for me but I'm over the moon with the two points tonight."

Raymond van Barneveld's play-off dream was ended as he was held to draw by Rob Cross, who is now all but assured of a place at The O2.

The first leg went to Van Barneveld, only for Cross to rattle off the next three in quick succession.

The Dutchman stopped the rot with a stunning 129 finish on the bull to keep him in the game at 3-2 and then broke the Cross throw in the tenth leg to level at 5-5.

Van Barneveld went 6-5 up to put the pressure on Cross in the final leg but the World Champion held firm as the points were shared.

"It wasn't the best game tonight, from both of us, but darts is a funny game sometimes," said Cross.

"I've still got a job to do and I can't afford to lose my next two games. I'm not bothered where I finish in the top four as long as I make the Play-Offs."

The Unibet Premier League continues on Thursday May 3 at Arena Birmingham with the penultimate league night, which includes the crunch battle between fifth-placed Gurney and Smith, as well as World Champion Cross taking on Van Gerwen.

For tickets, visit www.theticketfactory.com or call 0844 33 88 222.

Unibet Premier League
Night 13 - April 26
The Manchester Arena, Manchester

Peter Wright 1-7 Michael Smith
Daryl Gurney 6-6 Michael van Gerwen
Simon Whitlock 7-5 Gary Anderson
Raymond van Barneveld 6-6 Rob Cross
Michael Smith 1-7 Michael van Gerwen