2018 Premier League

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Murphio
International

Re: 2018 Premier League

Post by Murphio »

thelad1985 wrote:
cobra wrote:Will be interesting to see what the crowd is like in Berlin...
thelad1985 wrote:they have to go other contries coz interest dryin up in uk. hearns a vampire. sucks the blood of the sport for cash. then moves on
I'm going to give you a bite...Yes we git it, you despose the PDC and all it stinds for but of course, like the 2 year old trulling mingoloid you are, you can't holp yourself and type virtually the same repetitive trope everyday.

what have you done for darts. im puttin money into next week at trophy. if bdo dies so does the game. hearn cant live off us for ever and giv nothin back. you kill the grassroots. you kill the sport at the nd of the day.
Bore off Fanny.
cobra
Steady Sixties

Post by cobra »

thelad1985 wrote:
thelad1985 wrote:they have to go other contries coz interest dryin up in uk. hearns a vampire. sucks the blood of the sport for cash. then moves on
I'm going to give you a bite...Yes we git it, you despose the PDC and all it stinds for but of course, like the 2 year old trulling mingoloid you are, you can't holp yourself and type virtually the same repetitive trope everyday.

what have you done for darts. im puttin money into next week at trophy. if bdo dies so does the game. hearn cant live off us for ever and giv nothin back. you kill the grassroots. you kill the sport at the nd of the day.
Honestly, just fuck off you stupid cunt, all you do is troll, troll and fucking troll like a broken fucking record. You hate the PDC, it's fucking obvious yet you keep posting as you like the reaction because you are an attention seeking knob, like one or two others on here.
GRAYISALEGEND
County Player

Post by GRAYISALEGEND »

fling wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Ginge wrote:Nah they will get rid of one of the smaller British venues, or ones that are close to each other. Sheffield might go, Leeds and Nottingham arent that far away.
Sheffield is a huge venue though.

I wouldnt be surprised if somewhere like Cardiff went, smallish venue and they already hold another tournament there to keep the fans happy.
Sheffield might be huge but they only sell tickets for half of it. Top Tier was virtually empty this year.
And the atmosphere is always rubbish.
And it is £9.60 for 2 pints of rubbish Carlsberg.
Dont have a drink then?
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

oche balboa wrote:

Who is this fraggle
He's trying to get on the bench.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Post by BeppeBergomi »

As it stands I'll predict following line up for 2018

Michael van Gerwen
GARY ANDERSON
Peter Wright
Dave Chisnall
Adrian Lewis
James Wade
Raymond van Barneveld
Michael Smith
Daryl Gurney
HOPEFULLY Mensur Suljovic

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Think suljovic will be in if he keeps up his current run. But not sure if he wants to commit to traveling to uk every week. Hence his comments last year. He is the player who would be in for the German crowd. Think the pdc want Hopp to do well but he seems to be really struggling and not even going to every players champs. Schindler currently seems a better player though still a long way from PL.

Price will have a good shout. PDC seem to like him with giving him all the WSOD spots.
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Premier League

Post by BeppeBergomi »

The Jolly Man wrote:Think suljovic will be in if he keeps up his current run. But not sure if he wants to commit to traveling to uk every week. Hence his comments last year. He is the player who would be in for the German crowd. Think the pdc want Hopp to do well but he seems to be really struggling and not even going to every players champs. Schindler currently seems a better player though still a long way from PL.

Price will have a good shout. PDC seem to like him with giving him all the WSOD spots.
Yeah true I forgot about Price... Let's say it will be a Price vs Gurney tussle for the last spot then....

Regarding German players, too much hype on Hopp who for now did not impress enough.... Lately Schindler has been better too....

And Mensur deserves a place for what he has done in the last 18 months....

26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

Mensur has to be in now, too good to miss out. Hopefully he accepts the invite this time, would be a big mistake if he didn't. Based on results so far, Price also should be in at this point in time, reaching 2 TV finals this year. Michael Smith is very inconsistent but seems to be throwing really well again. Gurney seems to be a good shout, as is Ian White, I think.

But once again, the bulk of the season, probably 80% of it is still ahead and everything can change. There are plenty of TV tournaments to see who will fail and who can rise up to the challenge.
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Premier League

Post by BeppeBergomi »

26scored wrote:Mensur has to be in now, too good to miss out. Hopefully he accepts the invite this time, would be a big mistake if he didn't. Based on results so far, Price also should be in at this point in time, reaching 2 TV finals this year. Michael Smith is very inconsistent but seems to be throwing really well again. Gurney seems to be a good shout, as is Ian White, I think.

But once again, the bulk of the season, probably 80% of it is still ahead and everything can change. There are plenty of TV tournaments to see who will fail and who can rise up to the challenge.
Yeah that's quite right too....

ifm
International

Post by ifm »

The Worlds always decide a couple of places.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

MVG will win it anyway.
It will be must view watching on a Thursday for about 4 weeks, then slowly become more dull and missable every week, until finals night.
When it becomes watchable again.
Lost count of the weeks this year I watched 2 games then switched it over.
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

BlueSpark wrote:MVG will win it anyway.
It will be must view watching on a Thursday for about 4 weeks, then slowly become more dull and missable every week, until finals night.
When it becomes watchable again.
Lost count of the weeks this year I watched 2 games then switched it over.
Next year it's potentially 3 or 4 brand new players. I think it could be the most interesting PL in a while (or it could be a proper flop of course if the new lads fail to turn up)
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

I expect a massive surprise in this years with Taylor pulling out
JFT97
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

True, haven't considered Taylor probably won't be in it.
Needs something to freshen it up.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

My line up for 2018

Glen Durrant
Scott Waites
Scott Mitchell
Stephen Bunting
Christian Kist
Martin Adams
Ted Hankey
Mark Webster
Jelle Klaasen
Raymond Van Barneveld
UKDA 4 Life
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:My line up for 2018

Glen Durrant
Scott Waites
Scott Mitchell
Stephen Bunting
Christian Kist
Martin Adams
Ted Hankey
Mark Webster
Jelle Klaasen
Raymond Van Barneveld
Prediction
1st Raymond Van Barneveld
2nd Glen Durrant
3rd Martin Adams
4th Jelle Klaasen
5th Scott Waites
6th Stephen Bunting
7th Scott Mitchell
8th Mark Webster
----------------------------------
9th Ted Hankey
10th Christian Kist

Finals night
Barneveld v Klaasen
Durrant v Adams

Final
Barneveld v Durrant
UKDA 4 Life
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

THE Premier League will break new ground in 2018 with its first night in Germany, as the Mercedes-Benz Arena in Berlin joins venues in the UK, Ireland and Netherlands on the annual tour.

The Premier League will also return to Rotterdam Ahoy for a third successive year, following the sell-out success of the event in the Netherlands in 2016 and 2017, as well as arenas across the UK and Ireland from February to May.

Dublin's hugely popular 3Arena will open the 2018 season on Thursday February 1, before visiting the Motorpoint Arena Cardiff and Newcastle's Metro Radio Arena ahead of the tournament's inaugural visit to Germany.

March's five league nights begin at Exeter's Westpoint Arena before moving on to the First Direct Arena in Leeds, Nottingham's Motorpoint Arena, The SSE Hydro in Glasgow and Belfast's SSE Arena.

April begins with Night Ten at the Echo Arena in Liverpool, with the tournament then visiting The Sheffield Arena before the third visit to the Netherlands at Rotterdam Ahoy.

League nights at The Manchester Arena, Birmingham's Barclaycard Arena and The GE Oil & Gas Arena in Aberdeen conclude the regular season, before the top four players contest the Play-Offs on May 17 at The O2 in London.

Tickets for the 2018 Premier League are likely to go on sale in September or October 2017. Full ticket information will be confirmed at www.pdc.tv/tickets.

2018 Premier League Dates & Venues
Night One - February 1, 3Arena Dublin
Night Two - February 8, Motorpoint Arena Cardiff
Night Three - February 15, Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle
Night Four - February 22, Mercedes-Benz Arena, Berlin
Night Five - March 1, Westpoint Arena, Exeter
Night Six - March 8, First Direct Arena, Leeds
Night Seven - March 15, Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham
Night Eight - March 22, The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
Night Nine - March 29, The SSE Arena, Belfast
Night Ten - April 5, Echo Arena, Liverpool
Night 11 - April 12, The Sheffield Arena
Night 12 - April 19, Rotterdam Ahoy
Night 13 - April 26, The Manchester Arena
Night 14 - May 3, The Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham
Night 15 - May 10, The GE Oil & Gas Arena, Aberdeen
Play-Offs - May 17, The O2, London

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

The PL going from strength to strength. For Brighton, now read Berlin. Can't see Exeter surviving past 2018.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

ssjsa wrote:The PL going from strength to strength. For Brighton, now read Berlin. Can't see Exeter surviving past 2018.
But what will all the pissheads in the south of England do? Very short-sighted of the PDC to ignore southern drunks ;-)
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

ssjsa wrote:The PL going from strength to strength. For Brighton, now read Berlin. Can't see Exeter surviving past 2018.
Isn't that one quite a small venue. Agree they will almost certainly go for somewhere much larger in Germany.