Mgt
Superleague Player

Re: 2018 Premier League

Post by Mgt »

Mgt wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Mgt wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Mgt wrote:Wright's confidence looks completely shattered. Hope he gets back on track once his physical problems are gone, painful seeing him like this.
Not painful at all for me.
I am delighted. 7-1 for the third week on the bounce ffs :DDD:
Nothing wrong with Wright as far as I'm concerned. How he dresses is up to him and there is no arguing with what he demonstrated on the board the last couple of years.

With the dominance of heavy scoring rythm players I quite like Wright's more deliberate approach and clinical finishing when he's in form.
I like him more than say, Pipe, Dolan or Price.
Only just though.
Of those three I only dislike Pipe, and that's only since cough gate.

Only players I can think of I really find annoying are Taylor and occasionally Adrian Lewis.
Oh and Scott fucking Mitchell, the cunt.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Mgt wrote:
Mgt wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Mgt wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Not painful at all for me.
I am delighted. 7-1 for the third week on the bounce ffs :DDD:
Nothing wrong with Wright as far as I'm concerned. How he dresses is up to him and there is no arguing with what he demonstrated on the board the last couple of years.

With the dominance of heavy scoring rythm players I quite like Wright's more deliberate approach and clinical finishing when he's in form.
I like him more than say, Pipe, Dolan or Price.
Only just though.
Of those three I only dislike Pipe, and that's only since cough gate.

Only players I can think of I really find annoying are Taylor and occasionally Adrian Lewis.
Oh and Scott fekkin Mitchell, the fraggle.
Well said. +1
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ha, Price getting tonked 7-1 aswell.
Magnificent.
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

That's Price as good as out I suppose.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Was listening on the radio. Couldn't quite work out what Price did to wind up the crowd?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

devosteve wrote:Was listening on the radio. Couldn't quite work out what Price did to wind up the crowd?
Just turning up I think
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

trotter wrote:
devosteve wrote:Was listening on the radio. Couldn't quite work out what Price did to wind up the crowd?
Just turning up I think
Nice one.

though they did say he was being sarcastic? Playing an English man should have gone on his favour (some might say).

anyway some good stuff discussed on talk sport.

About wright: paying the price of all the tinkering he has done.

rvb : saying how the gym work is helping him.

about price : discussing his recent comments re getting bored.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Yes, it must be boring not having to work and making a small fortune throwing darts at a board.
I feel for him, must be terrible.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Just to report, this wasn't on at superleague last night, not even mentioned.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Nice to see a random BDO player slagged off in this thread too :-)
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

ifm wrote:Just to report, this wasn't on at superleague last night, not even mentioned.

I'm sure Barry Hearn must be devastated...
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Great atmosphere at The Hydro last night. Gary's walk on was spine tingling and both Barney and Cross got great support.

Price did himself no favours and the more he baited the crowd, the more vocal they were for Rob.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

ssjsa wrote:PL day out started. Train into Glasgow. Wetherspoons for 12. Lunch at the best Chinese in Glasgow. On to the Hydro for great night of Darts. Don't think I will be posting averages tonight. :grin:

Can you post full results and averages now please? Wonder if there were any 80 averages again? Asking for a friend :grin:
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

DavidB wrote:
ssjsa wrote:PL day out started. Train into Glasgow. Wetherspoons for 12. Lunch at the best Chinese in Glasgow. On to the Hydro for great night of Darts. Don't think I will be posting averages tonight. :grin:

Can you post full results and averages now please? Wonder if there were any 80 averages again? Asking for a friend :grin:
Daryl Gurney (98.63) 7 (12) 3 (96.26) Mensur Suljovic
Michael Van Gerwen (101.56) 7 (12) 2 (92.41) Michael Smith
Gary Anderson (102.68) 7 (12) 4 (104.13) Simon Whitlock
Peter Wright (88.18) 1 (12) 7 (99.76) Raymond Van Barneveld
Rob Cross (102.57) 7 (12) 1 (92.42) Gerwyn Price
CARIAD
Brass Darts

Post by CARIAD »

WizardofozFan wrote:Sad to see poor Peter struggling like this, clearly with an ailment and bad shoulder. Has had a brilliant 4 years, no-one can take that away from him. Feels like he needs a few months off and return at the Matchplay in July.

But fear ye not, he has Whitlock next week so will probably hit everything and punish Simon's poor timing for a win and put the Aussie in danger....
"Brilliant 4 years" maybe in monetary terms but certainly not in Major wins !
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

CARIAD wrote:
WizardofozFan wrote:Sad to see poor Peter struggling like this, clearly with an ailment and bad shoulder. Has had a brilliant 4 years, no-one can take that away from him. Feels like he needs a few months off and return at the Matchplay in July.

But fear ye not, he has Whitlock next week so will probably hit everything and punish Simon's poor timing for a win and put the Aussie in danger....
"Brilliant 4 years" maybe in monetary terms but certainly not in Major wins !
Has won 6 Euro tours, tens of UK & PC floor events, won a World Series beating Taylor in the final last year, won a major in the UK Open last year, has been consistently excellent for a long time, something so difficult to do in any individual sport.

In poor form at the moment, but can turn it around for sure. Feel like he needs a break.
Rutger
Feather Flights

Post by Rutger »

Mgt wrote:

My only problem with Wright is him telling repeatedly: "I will be better than MVG", "I will be taking over the number 1 OoM spot" etc.
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Rutger wrote:
Mgt wrote:

My only problem with Wright is him telling repeatedly: "I will be better than MVG", "I will be taking over the number 1 OoM spot" etc.
I think that is mainly because it seems so unlikely, especially at the moment, that he actually will do that, which makes it look like a sad act a bit.

However, there was a period when it looked quite possible, and there's nothing wrong with being ambitious and stating your ambitions confidently imho.

But I can see why people might not like him.
JOEY
Pub Champion

Post by JOEY »

I think Wright's done amazingly well the last few years, when he got to the world final who'd have predicted that was the start of a such a consistent run that would make him a regular in the top 4 rankings, I'm sure he will turn this around
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

DARYL GURNEY is relishing the chance to play World Champion Rob Cross in front of his home crowd as the Unibet Premier League visits The SSE Arena in Belfast on Thursday.

World Grand Prix champion Gurney will be the star attraction as the Premier League makes its annual visit to Northern Ireland, making his first TV appearance in his home country.

Having drawn four matches in the early weeks of the Premier League, Gurney claimed his maiden victory by defeating Mensur Suljovic 7-3 in Glasgow last Thursday.

He will now step out in his home Premier League event for the clash with World Champion Cross, and is eager to test himself against the sport's newest superstar.

"I can't wait to play in Belfast," said Cross. "As soon as we get picked, the first thing we look forward to is playing in front of our home crowd and I hope the place is bouncing.

"I'm glad that I got the win last week instead of putting it off for another week.

"I'm looking forward to playing Rob, I want to play the best and beat the best and he's World Champion, so I can't wait."

Gurney's win over Suljovic eased his fears of being eliminated from the Premier League on Judgement Night, moving him two points clear of the Austrian and Peter Wright in the table.

The 32-year-old admitted that he was relieved to finally get over the winning line, admitting: "It's a monkey off my back.

"I'm number five in the world and there are a lot of people I've drawn against and probably haven't played my best against.

"Every time I've had a draw I've been in front, so I was just glad to get a win.

"It means so much to me because I want to be here for the whole 16 weeks, not just to make up the numbers. I've had to be patient and it came to the fore on Thursday with the two ton-plus finishes.

"My scoring has been up there but my finishing percentage has probably been down at the bottom so I know what's wrong. Hopefully with a bit more confidence around doubles I can get another win.

"I'll keep on fighting - I don't give up and that's probably what keeps me going.

"Every time I've had a draw I've been in front, so hopefully whenever I get to six again I can possibly get the win!"

The Unibet Premier League will be at The SSE Arena on Thursday March 29. For tickets, call 028 9073 9074 or visit www.ssearenabelfast.com.

Unibet Premier League
Night Eight - March 29
The SSE Arena, Belfast
Mensur Suljovic v Gary Anderson
Michael Smith v Gerwyn Price
Raymond van Barneveld v Michael van Gerwen
Daryl Gurney v Rob Cross
Simon Whitlock v Peter Wright
Tickets via www.ssearenabelfast.com and 028 9073 9074
Tickets priced at £45/£39 and £25.50 including booking fee

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner