2018 Premier League

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Mgt
Superleague Player

Re: 2018 Premier League

Post by Mgt »

Nice to see Bluespark and Ginge having a date night at the PL by the way.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Mgt wrote:Nice to see Bluespark and Ginge having a date night at the PL by the way.
Seen that. Sparky kidding us on that he is in the States. :grin:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

ssjsa wrote:
Mgt wrote:Nice to see Bluespark and Ginge having a date night at the PL by the way.
Seen that. Sparky kidding us on that he is in the States. :grin:
Probably trying to keep the missus from finding out. ;)
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Gurney's excellent finishing keeping him in the match.
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Good match that, a draw the just outcome.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

phil davies wrote:Another correct score for me looks like theirs gunna be some high scores this week
Yep, me too. I wish I hadn't gone 7-1 for the Barney match now.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Unibet Premier League
Night 14 – May 3
Arena Birmingham

Peter Wright (93.05) 7 (12) 4 (90.68) Simon Whitlock
Rob Cross (101.71) 2 (12) 7 (111.57) Michael Van Gerwen
Daryl Gurney (98.82) 6 (12) 6 (99.36) Michael Smith
Gary Anderson v Raymond Van Barneveld

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ChrisW wrote:
phil davies wrote:Another correct score for me looks like theirs gunna be some high scores this week
Why don't you two fuck off. :grin:

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ssjsa wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Why don't you two fek off. :grin:
All right Paula calm down. :)
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

phil davies wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
I've got 7-2 Barney for some reason cmon The dutch postman!
7-4 for Ando for me, but judging by your previous comments I'm gonna be miles behind in points this week.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Unibet Premier League
Night 14 – May 3
Arena Birmingham

Peter Wright (93.05) 7 (12) 4 (90.68) Simon Whitlock
Rob Cross (101.71) 2 (12) 7 (111.57) Michael Van Gerwen
Daryl Gurney (98.82) 6 (12) 6 (99.36) Michael Smith
Gary Anderson (96.64) 3 (12) 7 (100.11) Raymond Van Barneveld

Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

phil davies wrote:
Mgt wrote:
phil davies wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
7-4 for Ando for me, but judging by your previous comments I'm gonna be miles behind in points this week.
Almost :grin:

Anyway most people probably had Gando so would be surprised if I haven't won this week as I have highest and lowest averages right too.
Have those too, although they won't save me with two wrong results tonight. :(

Well played by Barney by the way, shame he isn't at this level consistently.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

phil davies wrote:
Mgt wrote:
phil davies wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Almost :grin:

Anyway most people probably had Gando so would be surprised if I haven't won this week as I have highest and lowest averages right too.
Think you are on 21 pts. I am on 23. Dunno if others scored more. Will be a high scoring week.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Gary all but qualified.
Attachments
IMG_20180503_220000.jpg
IMG_20180503_220000.jpg (105.51 KiB) Viewed 1347 times

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Been unfortunate for the excitement factor for both nitghs. Judgement night and the final week have been not really interesting anymore situations.
danny chizz corf
Brass Darts

Post by danny chizz corf »

this is a long shot but has anyone got the darts recorded on sky+ or anything from the first night in rotterdam on 18th April?? I wanna find the opening song on the darts as it starts? be grateful if anyone could help! thanks

here is a snippet of the song! poor quality but someone must know it //cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5aeb864a74f ... WA0057.mp4

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

So, pop quiz from RTL7. How many litres of beer were drunk in the 2 Rotterdam Pl nights?
Last edited by ChrisW on Tue May 08, 2018 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

ChrisW wrote:So, pop quiz from RTL7. How many litres of beer were drink in the 2 Rotterdam Pl nights?

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

MICHAEL SMITH has his sights set on Unibet Premier League glory but insists he won’t be relaxing at The BHGE Arena in Aberdeen this Thursday.

The St Helens star confirmed his place in the play-offs with a 6-6 draw with Daryl Gurney in Birmingham last week and is now dreaming of being crowned Premier League champion at The O2 on May 17.

Smith will be aiming to secure second-place in just his second Premier League season on Thursday as he takes on Raymond Van Barneveld in Aberdeen.

“I’m not going to relax against Raymond,” said Smith, who returned to the Premier League this year after a one-year absence.

“Last time we played I beat him 7-0 and he’s going to try to do the same to me, so I know I can’t afford to take things easy this week.

“I want to win as many points as I can to make sure I finish as high as I possibly can in the table and I want to keep the winning feeling going ahead of The O2.

“To finish second in the Premier League at my second attempt would be a great achievement.”

Smith believes his tough 2016 campaign has made him a stronger person both on and off the oche.

The world number nine has proved his doubters wrong in this year’s Premier League and feels he is now better-placed to deal with the rigours of being a top-ten player.

“I’m proud of how far I have come since my last Premier League campaign,” Smith added.

“I got quite a bit of stick when I was selected for the Premier League this year but I’ve proved them wrong and now I want to carry on proving to myself how good I am.

“The schedule is non-stop but that’s the way I like it - I like playing darts, winning tournaments and being the best player I can be.

“I’ve said from day one that I need to take baby steps. I’ve been crawling for eight years now so it’s about time I started walking and wining majors.

“I never miss tournaments or make any excuses, I just turn up and try to play my best game.”

The Gibraltar Darts Trophy champion is now looking forward to the play-offs and has a firm belief in his ability to go all the way.

“I believe I can win the Premier league,” said Smith, who previously tasted O2 glory in 2013 as he was crowned World Youth Champion.

“I’ve won two games in a day against the world’s best players many times before so there’s no reason why I can’t do it again at The O2.

“Between now and then I’m going to put in a solid graft to prepare for what could be the biggest night of my career.

“I would love to be introduced to the stage at the World Matchplay in July as the reigning champion of the Premier League.”

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

GARY ANDERSON will be aiming to secure his place in the Unibet Premier League Play-Offs in front of a passionate Scottish crowd as the league season ends at The BHGE Arena in Aberdeen on Thursday.

The two-time Premier League Champion needs to win just three legs against Michael van Gerwen to guarantee his place at The O2 on May 17.

Anderson’s only rival for the final top four spot is Daryl Gurney, who must win at least 7-2 against Peter Wright and hope league leader Van Gerwen records a big win over the Scot.

The 47-year-old will be hoping to bounce back from defeats to Simon Whitlock and Raymond van Barneveld in the past fortnight to join Van Gerwen, Michael Smith and Rob Cross in the Play-Offs.

“Obviously Michael will be a tough opponent,” said Anderson, who won the Premier League in 2011 and 2015.

"I've just got to make sure I do enough to get to The O2 without any dramas.

"It's all about producing at the right times now, I want to win in Scotland and I love coming home. It's always very special and I've got a decent record in Aberdeen.

"I really don't care where I finish in the top four and who I face at The O2. All I'm fussed about is playing my best game when I get there."

Van Gerwen secured top spot with a convincing 7-2 win over Cross in Birmingham last week and will be looking to add a fourth Premier League crown to his ever-expanding trophy cabinet next week.

However, the Dutchman insists he will not be taking his eye off the ball against Anderson on Thursday.

“I’ve got an important few weeks coming up, I feel fantastic and I want to keep this winning feeling going,” said Van Gerwen, who could face Anderson in the play-off semi-finals at The O2 next week.

“I never want to lose, I fight for every leg and I don’t like to take anything for granted.

"Even though I am safe in top spot, I want to show everyone how good I can be.

“I’m Michael – I’m a winner, I do my thing and I don’t care what anyone else does.”

Meanwhile, Gurney hasn’t given up hope of walking out at The O2 next week and will be aiming to pile the pressure on Anderson with a big victory over Wright.

"I need a miracle now and I'm not expecting that but I'll go to Aberdeen and give it my all," said Gurney, who is one of four Premier League debutants in 2018.

"I knew I blew my chance when I got all the draws at the start but that’s my own fault.

"If I can finish fifth in my first Premier League that’s what I deserve because all the top four players beat me. The league table doesn’t lie."

The Northern Irishman will face a tough test against 2017 runner-up Wright, who picked up a much-needed win over Whitlock last week.

"I’m gutted I’m not in the top four but I haven’t been good enough across the season, I’ve had too many ups and downs," said Wright.

“If I get picked next year then I’ll make sure I’m ready.

“I want to finish with a flourish in front of my home crowd in Aberdeen.

“It will be very difficult against Daryl Gurney. He’s fighting for fourth place and I’m fighting to finish as high as I can and get as much prize money as I can."

Elsewhere, Smith, who secured his Play-Off place last week with a 6-6 draw against Gurney, will take on Van Barneveld in the opening game of the evening in Aberdeen.

The St Helens ace insists he won’t be relaxing as he aims to secure a second-placed finish in just his second Premier League season on Thursday.

“I’m not going to relax against Raymond,” said Smith, who returned to the Premier League this year after a one-year absence.

“Last time we played I beat him 7-0 and he’s going to try to do the same to me, so I know I can’t afford to take things easy this week.

“I want to win as many points as I can to make sure I finish as high as I possibly can in the table and I want to keep the winning feeling going ahead of The O2.

“To finish second in the Premier League at my second attempt would be a great achievement.”

Meanwhile, reigning World Champion Cross, who has already secured his Play-Off spot in his debut Premier League campaign, will face Whitlock.

Cross can still finish as high as second place, if he beats the Australian and Smith loses to Van Barneveld.

A small number of tickets for Thursday's Unibet Premier League at The BHGE Arena are still available and can be purchased via www.ticketmaster.co.uk/AECC and 08444 77 9000.

The Unibet Premier League will be broadcast live on Sky Sports from 7pm on Thursday, and aired worldwide through the PDC's international broadcast partners and for PDCTV-HD Subscribers outside of the UK, Ireland & Netherlands.

In addition, the Unibet Premier League will feature radio commentary throughout the season on talkSPORT and talkSPORT2. For further details of coverage, please visit www.talksport.co.uk.

Unibet Premier League
Night 15 – May 10
The BHGE Arena, Aberdeen
Michael Smith v Raymond van Barneveld
Simon Whitlock v Rob Cross
Peter Wright v Daryl Gurney
Michael van Gerwen v Gary Anderson
Tickets via www.ticketmaster.co.uk/AECC and 08444 77 9000

Unibet Match Odds - Night 15, Aberdeen
Michael Smith – 7/5
Draw – 33/10
Raymond van Barneveld – 7/5