2018 Premier League

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Addicks Fan
County Player

Re: 2018 Premier League

Post by Addicks Fan »

ChrisW wrote:
devosteve wrote:Went to chat with a mate tonight in a local pub (Fusilier if you are interested). There was a darts match on in the pub (Mrs devo was in the pub yesterday playing for the legion, and won singles and doubles, btw).

point being: they had the PL on the TV and plenty of folks were watching it and discussing it. Not dead yet is it?
Not at all. Who said it was.?
No-one, he's just arguing with himself
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Had a lass helping me here in Madrid this week. In a quiet moment we got chatting about what sports we do or watch. Got on to darts.
Oh I love darts she says. Been to lakeside a few times. I feel really posh there.
Talking about players she could only mention Wolfe, her favourite. And struggled with a Dutch player who was really good.
I said Kist? Eventually realised she was taking about Barney
Bizarrely never heard of MVG.
O C
Superleague Player

Post by O C »

ChrisW wrote:Had a lass helping me here in Madrid this week. In a quiet moment we got chatting about what sports we do or watch. Got on to darts.
Oh I love darts she says. Been to lakeside a few times. I feel really posh there.
Talking about players she could only mention Wolfe, her favourite. And struggled with a Dutch player who was really good.
So, how long ago had she "Been to lakeside a few times"?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

O C wrote:
ChrisW wrote:Had a lass helping me here in Madrid this week. In a quiet moment we got chatting about what sports we do or watch. Got on to darts.
So, how long ago had she "Been to lakeside a few times"?
No idea. The Wolfie years. ;)
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Wasn't on in the pub last night at the gold cup superleague pairs qualifier, Arsenal match then music channel.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Addicks Fan wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
devosteve wrote:Went to chat with a mate tonight in a local pub (Fusilier if you are interested). There was a darts match on in the pub (Mrs devo was in the pub yesterday playing for the legion, and won singles and doubles, btw).

point being: they had the PL on the TV and plenty of folks were watching it and discussing it. Not dead yet is it?
He does this a lot then runs away.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Addicks Fan wrote:
ChrisW wrote:

perhaps dead not the right word. some post that folks who play darts have lost interest in the PL. See elsewhere a post that folks didn't watch it.

1st time I have been in a pub when PL was on and a local darts league. folks watching it (when not playing) and discussing it.

Would be interesting how many posters on here are at a darts match on a Thursday night and how many have the PL on.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

ifm wrote:Wasn't on in the pub last night at the gold cup superleague pairs qualifier, Arsenal match then music channel.

This will be checked by the Braddy Gang
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

On his mind.
Big Jock Knew
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

devosteve wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
ChrisW wrote:

perhaps dead not the right word. some post that folks who play darts have lost interest in the PL. See elsewhere a post that folks didn't watch it.

1st time I have been in a pub when PL was on and a local darts league. folks watching it (when not playing) and discussing it.

Would be interesting how many posters on here are at a darts match on a Thursday night and how many have the PL on.
It is on one of the screens in our Sports bar on a Thursday night. However football takes priority on the big screen.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Sound like it got a bit rowdy last night.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

ChrisW wrote:Sound like it got a bit rowdy last night.
Indeed, let's hope for the victims sake it was beer.

Madsocks
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

If above referring to the thread on real fanatics he ends it by saying he would go again but not to leeds.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:If above referring to the thread on real fanatics he ends it by saying he would go again but not to leeds.
Marvin ignoring the actual content of that post lol, any comment on it?

Madsocks
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Guy posted it on pdc fb. Be interesting to see.any official response
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

devosteve wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
ChrisW wrote:

Always on during our home and away games and always watched with great interest.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

DARYL GURNEY admits to being frustrated as he continues to chase his maiden Unibet Premier League victory.

The World Grand Prix champion drew for the third time in five matches this season as he shared the points with Gary Anderson in Leeds last Thursday.

However, Gurney has been ahead in all three matches that he has drawn - against Raymond van Barneveld on Night One and Gerwyn Price on Night Three - and has twice missed match darts, including two agonising chances against Anderson.

Gurney meets Simon Whitlock as the Premier League visits Nottingham this Thursday, and admitted: "It's very frustrating.

"I thought the double 12 was in and the double six was in, but all credit to Gary, he's a great professional and he sticks in there, and if I missed a chance he came in and took it out.

"I missed a couple of opportunities again, at the end of the day I am playing well. I'm not playing my best but I'm still giving myself opportunities."

Gurney has defeated Whitlock in their last six meetings, including October's World Grand Prix final, and he added: "Me and Simon are good friends and I'm looking forward to that game.

"I look forward to playing in every single game because I'd love to play in the Premier League every single week.

"If don't enjoy crowds like we had in Leeds or every other night then you shouldn't be playing darts."

Unibet Premier League
Night Six - March 15
Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham
Michael Smith v Peter Wright
Simon Whitlock v Daryl Gurney
Mensur Suljovic v Rob Cross
Gerwyn Price v Michael van Gerwen
Raymond van Barneveld v Gary Anderson
Tickets via www.motorpointarenanottingham.com and 0843 373 3000

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Christopher Kempf
@Ochepedia

Most T20s hit in the 2018 Premier League to date. Note the absolute lack of correlation with the points table:
251 - Wright
240 - Suljović
239 - Gurney
237 - van Barneveld
222 - Anderson
204 - van Gerwen
200 - Cross
199 - Price
191 - Smith
171 - Whitlock

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

I see the 2nd Rotterdam night in the Ahoy sold out quick style.
Dreamboy501
Brass Darts

Post by Dreamboy501 »

Good evening all.... Difficult matches for Gary and Rob tonight.... But five top matches await us....