BDO disciplinary system.

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
devosteve
International

BDO disciplinary system.

Post by devosteve »

"To Des ( BDO DISCIPLINARY OFFICER)
Des Paula Jacklin could you please answer my questions I emailed you, Instead of duly noting my comments, can you answer the questions in full please as I would still like to have more details and answers or would you prefer I publicly ask the questions on here, so they can be up for public debate.
Kindest Regards
Wayne"

Wayne Dobinson asking on both real and original fanatics.

Will this end well?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Re: BDO disciplinary system.

Post by devosteve »

" I have a discipline hearing set for the 13th June 2017
I had to get my evidence in by the Friday 17th May but that was extended and changed to Monday the 20th may due to the lack of information sent to me (i.e. Allegations)
Apparently The date has passed to submit my evidence but I'm slightly confused as the nearest Monday 20th May is in 2019 !!!!!!!
Also I still have what I think many questions that need answering before i accept this as a fair hearing"

Wayne.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

My thoughts:

What do we think?

is the BDO overstepping it's mark? Do they know what they are doing? Comments made about the legal aspect of this.

Wayne not happy with no answers to questions submitted in private. is this the right way to go?

Not sure if this is an own goal or actually the right thing to do.
Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

yeah going on facebook publicly threating to out things is going to end well...NOT

however he doesnt actually have to recognise the BDO disciplinary hearing at all , easily should just tell them to go fuck themselves
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

^^^What he said.

Just don't turn up. What are they going to do ffs.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Folks suggesting he shouldn't have posted on social media. But he does seem to have a massive issue over all of this. Doesn't seem like the kind of guy to let it go.

Wonder if des now regretting taking on this position?
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: BDO disciplinary system.

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:Folks suggesting he shouldn't have posted on social media. But he does seem to have a massive issue over all of this. Doesn't seem like the kind of guy to let it go.

What do you actually think the BDO can do to him ffs.

This is all a Des Jacklin power trip and nothing else.
Last edited by Ginge on Sat May 20, 2017 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote:
devosteve wrote:Folks suggesting he shouldn't have posted on social media. But he does seem to have a massive issue over all of this. Doesn't seem like the kind of guy to let it go.

Not a clue. But the board have called a disciplinary meeting for him.

The key question is what do the BDO think they can do to him. They must have an idea. ban him from running events with BDO players? There must be some thought process to all of this.

what is the long term thinking here. I mean will all folk who criticise the BDO, on social media, in a way the board feel is inappropriate now be disciplined? Super league players, county players, officials, folks who enter opens?
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: BDO disciplinary system.

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Not a clue. But the board have called a disciplinary meeting for him.

The key question is what do the BDO think they can do to him. They must have an idea. ban him from running events with BDO players? There must be some thought process to all of this.

what is the long term thinking here. I mean will all folk who criticise the BDO, on social media, in a way the board feel is inappropriate now be disciplined? Super league players, county players, officials, folks who enter opens?
Wayne D doesn't want to work with the BDO ever ever again. It's all a pointless exercise and a Jacklin power trip. Nothing else to it.

They can't ban him from running private events which have BDO players in it, don't be absurd.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

well he is making some strong statements. A very angry guy, defending his corner or scoring an own goal?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:well he is making some strong statements. A very angry guy, defending his corner or scoring an own goal?
Who is scoring an own goal? Wayne D? How?

A whole bunch of players agree with him and think the BDO and the Jacklins are cretins, this isn't going to affect Shownights one iota.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote:
devosteve wrote:well he is making some strong statements. A very angry guy, defending his corner or scoring an own goal?

A whole bunch of players agree with him and think the BDO and the Jacklins are cretins, this isn't going to affect Shownights one iota.
own goal in the sense that folk may 'turn against' him for putting this out there. Already folk have said he is causing trouble and should keep his thoughts to himself until after the disciplinary meeting.

Just asking questions Ginge.

The BDO must have some kind of idea as to what kind of discipline they can put on this guy. Why discipline him if they don't. What do you think the board think they can do?

For me I think the BDO have looked at what the PDC do and have copied it without thinking it through. The 2 orgs are totally different. Much easier to have a disciplinary system within the PDC.

The board could be making a rod for their own back here.
Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

They cant discipline him , end of story.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:
Ginge wrote:

own goal in the sense that folk may 'turn against' him for putting this out there. Already folk have said he is causing trouble and should keep his thoughts to himself until after the disciplinary meeting.

Just asking questions Ginge.

The BDO must have some kind of idea as to what kind of discipline they can put on this guy. Why discipline him if they don't. What do you think the board think they can do?

For me I think the BDO have looked at what the PDC do and have copied it without thinking it through. The 2 orgs are totally different. Much easier to have a disciplinary system within the PDC.

The board could be making a rod for their own back here.
Nobody is going to turn against him ffs. Read my posts. It's a Jacklin power trip. Everyone who matters thinks this is all ridiculous.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

I liked the comment from Paula the other day saying Des won't post "on here due to his position" :-)
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Wayne Dobinson
I put in a while so that Neil see my post before it disappeared,
Some of The BDO board have treated me so bad and have treated me like shit, so shit stirring as you call it is not actually what is being done,
Members being made aware of what they are doing is more like it.
Also how do I fall under the disciplinary if that came into place after the European, I haven't been asked to agree to any code and I'm not a paid member or player
And the board have put obstacles up to stop me putting an event on
I stuck by them when it suited them and I helped as much as I could.
I was lied too and believe me I will post all if not everything I have until the members realise and do something to sort out the BDO side of darts.
So I would at the obstacles they are putting in the way to stop dialogue at meetings.
I have offered to put this all behind and move on, but that's up to them.
LikeShow More Reactions
· Reply ·
· 36 mins
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote:I liked the comment from Paula the other day saying Des won't post "on here due to his position" :-)
Wouldn't it be a shame if all the posts he made on here were still on the site in their original, unedited form?
Big Jock Knew
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Ginge wrote:Wayne D doesn't want to work with the BDO ever ever again. It's all a pointless exercise and a Jacklin power trip. Nothing else to it.

They can't ban him from running private events which have BDO players in it, don't be absurd.
And even if they do - as we've seen several times recently, Shownights-style multi player exbos don't actually sell all that well when too many BDO players are in them...
devosteve wrote:
Ginge wrote:Who is scoring an own goal? Wayne D? How?

The people saying that are almost certainly the permanently delusional types who are responsible for (or tacitly complicit in) the BDO being in all these messes anyway.
Last edited by Zeyes on Sat May 20, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Would they ever try to implement a ban where no BDO player can work with him? They wouldn't be that stupid, surely?
Big Jock Knew
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Can't see what grounds a BDO disciplinary committee can charge him......they may as well write to Barry Hearn and discipline him over his BDO comments as well.....ludicrous.