Don't know or don't care
27%

Total votes: 56

oche balboa
International

Re: Was the WDT 2017 a success?

Post by oche balboa »

It was shambolic due to Tickets, TV, Prize money and Uncertainty
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:
ifm wrote:Why do people continually try to impose their opinion onto everyone else?
Repeating it over and over ad nauseum is just boring, we get it, you hate the bdo now bore off.
Is this for real folks? This forum is all about giving our opinions. I will continue to do that even if it bores some.

Re repeating the opinion: all regular posters do this, don't they? Including....

Devo Marvin
Yes Marvin it is but when you repeat the same opinion every 10 seconds it is boring, the thing is we all agree.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Ginge wrote:The ticket sales for it were really really dire.

I think it's also rather telling that they then managed to fail giving them away
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: Was the WDT 2017 a success?

Post by Rout »

ifm wrote:So, i may have missed some but from what i can tell you must mention all of the below in every single post, each thing we all agree on btw but it must still be mentioned over and over again, no positives at all, none, because then you are blinkered or defending.

Reduced prize fund
Poor audience
Shit location
Lack of promotion
Dave tv
Don't forget the bdo might have forgotten to email themselves a link. And there was no advert break at the end of coverage one day.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

I voted a success.

Never witnessed live comedy like it.

Should be from the palladium
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Garry Murphy wrote:I voted a success.

Never witnessed live comedy like it.

Should be from the palladium
To be honest I'm amazed anyone here could vote for anything other than success. Best part of 5k posts. A forum record for one comp. Well done all.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
The Shank
Superleague Player

Post by The Shank »

Were they?

How bad, mate?
"Russia committed worse atrocities than Hitler in WW2" - IFM.
The Shank
Superleague Player

Post by The Shank »

el_ringo wrote:

I think it's also rather telling that they then managed to fail giving them away
They tried to give the tickets away?
The Shank
Superleague Player

Post by The Shank »

IFM the Troll and Rout the Troll desperately trying to paint this tournament as a success.

Laughable.
thelad1985
Pub Champion

Post by thelad1985 »

your overanlsying it. it did what is said on the tin. there were good darts games. it put food on the table. it was on tv. at the end of the day thats what matter
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

The Shank wrote:IFM the Troll and Rout the Troll desperately trying to paint this tournament as a success.

Laughable.
Excellent debating from the master debater, care to point out where??
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

The Shank wrote:
el_ringo wrote:

No that's the point even when it was obvious they were barely going to sell any and look 'empty' & 'embarrassed' on their paid for TV presentation then then failed to paper the event with freebies so at least to the TV crowd it would of looked like it was a rocking event.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

el_ringo wrote:
The Shank wrote:
el_ringo wrote:

No that's the point even when it was obvious they were barely going to sell any and look 'empty' & 'embarrassed' on their paid for TV presentation then then failed to paper the event with freebies so at least to the TV crowd it would of looked like it was a rocking event.
How would u feel if you'd paid for a ticket and the majority of the audience hadn't?

And how would that help future tournament ticket sales? People aware that they can either buy a ticket or wait for the inevitable freebies?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Rout wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
The Shank wrote:
el_ringo wrote:

How would u feel if you'd paid for a ticket and the majority of the audience hadn't?

And how would that help future tournament ticket sales? People aware that they can either buy a ticket or wait for the inevitable freebies?
Genuine question - how many tickets were sold over the course of the event? Id imagine it was very few. If they did pay for broadcasting -surely there is an argument to make admission free with perhaps a cut of the take at the bar? They surely wouldn't have made much less than they did and (you'd hope) they could generate some kind of decent crowd with the upshot of maybe getting a paying TV company interested. There must surely be something different they could try.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

:banghead:

Madsocks
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Rout wrote: How would u feel if you'd paid for a ticket and the majority of the audience hadn't?

It happens all the time and is very common at many sporting events or other types of events seen on TV.

The PDC had to do it at their first World Championships and it never did them any harm did it ?

Once you give away tickets you can create a fan base of people who then want to come again and some will be willing to pay incase they miss out and the next event is sold out or all the good seats are gone while they are still waiting for the cheap seats !
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

el_ringo wrote:
Rout wrote: How would u feel if you'd paid for a ticket and the majority of the audience hadn't?

It happens all the time and is very common at many sporting events or other types of events seen on TV.

The PDC had to do it at their first World Championships and it never did them any harm did it ?

Once you give away tickets you can create a fan base of people who then want to come again and some will be willing to pay incase they miss out and the next event is sold out or all the good seats are gone while they are still waiting for the cheap seats !
That all depends on retaining the same venue.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

So still no news re the rumour that the bdo have signed a contract for the wdt to he held at the same venue for 3 yrs? Somewhere in the north west?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

devosteve wrote:So still no news re the rumour that the bdo have signed a contract for the wdt to he held at the same venue for 3 yrs? Somewhere in the north west?
Scotty dog deta and someone else all said they hadn't heard a thing about it

I guess it's someone talking to tt telling them what the plan is for the future but nothing is sorted
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ssjsa wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:Hello from Mexico
Mr and Mrs BlueSpark
Setting looks great Neil.

Congratulations to you and your wife. Hope everything went smoothly and that you enjoy Mexico.

Told you you wouldn't be able to stay off the forum.  :grin:
Lol just a quick look when in the lobby of an evening having many drinks.