2018 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-14th December 2017- 1st January 2018

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
mapleleafdarts
Steady Sixties

Re: 2018 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-14th December 2017- 1st January 2018

Post by mapleleafdarts »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
mapleleafdarts wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:Can someone please ask the NFDC at what point they knew their rankings were being used for the pdc worlds.
Suspension from the WDF if they did know!
The WDF would do nothing to the NDFC.

If the WDF even hinted at something, Bill Hatter may as well cut his balls off because the NDFC would simply tell the WDF that they're leaving and would recognize the PDC as their organization of choice and implement the DRA as their rules overseer.

Olly Croft tried to force the NDFC's hand when he was in the process of banning the WDC players and was told to bugger off because:
a) they couldn't ban players as it would break labour laws in Canada and,
b) it would provide opportunities for players to play internationally.

The NDFC would also likely tell Hatter to never come to its AGM ever again.
So do you think that NDFC was fully aware of what was going on before this invite was issued?
And knowing at what point the NDFC knew will help us know whether the PDC have gone after the player or the region.

Jeff says he only found out the day before which makes me think the PDC have tried to shoehorn him in rather than working with the NDFC. Who if had known would surely have told its players that there was potential of an invite to PDC Worlds.
I'll answer both of those queries here.

The NDFC probably didn't know the invite was happening (I'm not on the board so I can't answer that for sure) but I can say with relative certainty that they had no idea this was happening. If what Jeff says about only finding out the day before is true, that's why.

The darts community in Canada is very tight and people do talk to each other. There was radio silence on this on social media so the point of the PDC going after the player rather than the region is a valid theory. Had there been any hint of Jeff making the jump before the announcement, it would have blown up all over social media.
ifm
International

Re: 2018 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-14th December 2017- 1st January 2018

Post by ifm »

Here's what he said, i have no idea why he is explaining himself btw.

Feel I need to explain this recent acceptance. With our Regional Points overlapping on BDO Majors and the points being so low outside the uk its a very steep task to qualify for Lakeside unless spending a fortune.. I had every intention of doing so in Bridlington, but came up short.
I also spoke to the NDFC in Japan at the World Cup, and they are not interested in changing anything regional wise to better our situation unless they are forced too (BDO Sanctioning Rules are not followed format, seeds either etc etc).
With that being said I was presented with an invite only a day ago, and it was a tough choice as everyone at the BDO have been so great to me from the board to the fans.
I have a chance to put my sponsors back on TV in a World Championship, and I feel obligated to do so. I do apologize if my choice has offended anyone within the BDO.
Hope you all understand.
Jeff
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Fair play to them - I recall them getting big numbers last year.
mapleleafdarts
Steady Sixties

Post by mapleleafdarts »

ifm wrote:Here's what he said, i have no idea why he is explaining himself btw.

Feel I need to explain this recent acceptance. With our Regional Points overlapping on BDO Majors and the points being so low outside the uk its a very steep task to qualify for Lakeside unless spending a fortune.. I had every intention of doing so in Bridlington, but came up short.
I also spoke to the NDFC in Japan at the World Cup, and they are not interested in changing anything regional wise to better our situation unless they are forced too (BDO Sanctioning Rules are not followed format, seeds either etc etc).
With that being said I was presented with an invite only a day ago, and it was a tough choice as everyone at the BDO have been so great to me from the board to the fans.
I have a chance to put my sponsors back on TV in a World Championship, and I feel obligated to do so. I do apologize if my choice has offended anyone within the BDO.
Hope you all understand.
Jeff
And there it is. I don't blame him one bit for doing what he did. I still hope he gets bent over ASAP but he's there and he did the right thing.

Ball is in the NDFC court now. Their no. 1 jumps over, not the first time it's happened, but let's see how Bill Hatter responds to this one. He's also the NDFC president. Can't wait for nationals next year and the AGM.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

mapleleafdarts wrote:

Hope you all understand.
Jeff
And there it is. I don't blame him one bit for doing what he did. I still hope he gets bent over ASAP but he's there and he did the right thing.

Ball is in the NDFC court now. Their no. 1 jumps over, not the first time it's happened, but let's see how Bill Hatter responds to this one. He's also the NDFC president. Can't wait for nationals next year and the AGM.
So if it's a darts political statement it sounds it's not a PDC - BDO thing but a PDC - WDF thing. PDC telling the president of the WDF and a country that if they want something they just go get it?
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

mapleleafdarts wrote:

Hope you all understand.
Jeff

...why do you feel he has jumped over? there are rules from the ndfc that jeff cant play ndfc tourneys or playing for the national team if he play within the pdc system? if not, then why he "jumped over"?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Looks like Alcinas is at Ally Pally, having won the Southern Europe qualifier.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

mapleleafdarts wrote:

Hope you all understand.
Jeff

Didn’t Hatter and the Dutch fella on the WDF board meet with the pdc for meetings in Las Vegas when the WDF Euroupe Youth Cup was on.

Shows where there priorities are.
JFT97
mapleleafdarts
Steady Sixties

Post by mapleleafdarts »

bukowski wrote:
mapleleafdarts wrote:

Hope you all understand.
Jeff

...why do you feel he has jumped over? there are rules from the ndfc that jeff cant play ndfc tourneys or playing for the national team if he play within the pdc system? if not, then why he "jumped over"?
As Jeff stated, he wanted to get his sponsors on TV so if you take that at face value, the decision was a purely financial one. He also stated that it would cost a fortune to make the trip through Europe and gather up the points. He could have stayed here in North America, where it's a bit cheaper but the points he would have attained would have been much less. There was the Canadian ranking system here but again, as he stated, the NDFC doesn't seem too keen on changing its regional deal.

Nothing here in Canada says he can't play PDC and BDO at the same time. John Part did it when he joined the PDC; he still played at the national championships for a few years afterward and those are BDO/WDF-aligned events. John Norman, Jr., is another example - he played at nationals this past June as a ranked player. Perhaps the one thing Part had going for him is he is a life member of the NDFC and there's no way they would ever tell North America's greatest-ever darts player that he wasn't welcome simply because of his affiliation. The NDFC recognizes the PDC, even if they don't work together.
mapleleafdarts
Steady Sixties

Post by mapleleafdarts »

Bag Carrier wrote:
mapleleafdarts wrote:

Hope you all understand.
Jeff

Didn’t Hatter and the Dutch fella on the WDF board meet with the pdc for meetings in Las Vegas when the WDF Euroupe Youth Cup was on.

You're absolutely right, sir. Methinks Hatter has something up his sleeve (I don't know what) because he wouldn't just meet without having some kind of agenda. We all know about the Dutch angle and what they would like to have happen, especially when it comes to youth. Hatter either knows something we don't about the future or he's taking a preemptive step.

Again, I would love to see how the NDFC meetings go down next year in Quebec.
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

mapleleafdarts wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
mapleleafdarts wrote:

Hope you all understand.
Jeff

You're absolutely right, sir. Methinks Hatter has something up his sleeve (I don't know what) because he wouldn't just meet without having some kind of agenda. We all know about the Dutch angle and what they would like to have happen, especially when it comes to youth. Hatter either knows something we don't about the future or he's taking a preemptive step.

Again, I would love to see how the NDFC meetings go down next year in Quebec.
...i have some feelings about that topic...if the bdo doesnt find any tv contract for Lakeside then the bdo world champs dies and the bdo with them because theres no reason for tournaments with bdo points..bicc and amateur darts tournaments can be run by the national organisations and this "war" started already in my opinion with "personal fights" between some poeple who are involved in the organisations...the ndb know that as well and try to find the way after bdo time together with the pdc...might the wdf do that as well behind the scene...but you know, the wdf members have to vote for any changes in the future...bill hatter cant do anything without member votings...

...the best way would be that the bdo telling us "game over" and close the doors...amateur darts worldwide run by the wdf and the professional side of the game run by pdc..who will be wdf associate member in the future...

...i do understand the bdo and the people who working hard for their interest in the bdo... but sometimes you just have to realise that it cant go any further and coming to an end even if its hard would be the better way for all...
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

The PDC being an associate member of the WDF?

An organisation which turns over £25m+ a year versus one that definitely doesn't.

I don't think so.
Reinier
The Ton Club

Post by Reinier »

Alcinas qualified after winning the qualifier in Spain.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Dannyboy wrote:The PDC being an associate member of the WDF?

An organisation which turns over £25m+ a year versus one that definitely doesn't.

I don't think so.

Why not its not about the money fella
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: 2018 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-14th December 2017- 1st January 2018

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:The PDC being an associate member of the WDF?

I don't think so.

Why not its not about the money fella
That isn't the point anyway. You really think Hearn would let someone else be in control?
Big Jock Knew
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Why would cooperation between the WDF and the PDC require Hearn to relinquish control? The ITF is nominally in charge of tennis worldwide, but has next to no input into the actual running of the two professional organizations. All it would be about is standardizing the rules of darts (not that there are many differences between the two orgs anyway) and putting in a clear pathway from "amateur" to "pro".
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

Zeyes wrote:Why would cooperation between the WDF and the PDC require Hearn to relinquish control? The ITF is nominally in charge of tennis worldwide, but has next to no input into the actual running of the two professional organizations. All it would be about is standardizing the rules of darts (not that there are many differences between the two orgs anyway) and putting in a clear pathway from "amateur" to "pro".
spot on
Duneh9617
Steady Sixties

Post by Duneh9617 »

Seems like Oreshkin has beaten Koltsov in the final to take the Euroasian spot.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Zeyes wrote:Why would cooperation between the WDF and the PDC require Hearn to relinquish control? The ITF is nominally in charge of tennis worldwide, but has next to no input into the actual running of the two professional organizations. All it would be about is standardizing the rules of darts (not that there are many differences between the two orgs anyway) and putting in a clear pathway from "amateur" to "pro".
There needs to be a standardisation of rules? That may reduce the quality of play and thus reduce TV viewership?

The PDC shouldn’t be taking any lessons from the WDF at all.

There is already a de facto pathway, but I’d agree it needs to be more defined.