2018 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-14th December 2017- 1st January 2018

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ifm
International

Re: 2018 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-14th December 2017- 1st January 2018

Post by ifm »

nikkiboy wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:So in summary, draw not being done is not an issue or a problem.
Why would it be, given the qualifying process has not been completed yet.
Don't confuse him with pertinent facts John
I know this might be hard for you to comprehend but the draw can be made now if they wanted but obviously it isn't an issue or a problem.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ssjsa
International

Re: 2018 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-14th December 2017- 1st January 2018

Post by ssjsa »

ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
I know this might be hard for you to comprehend but the draw can be made now if they wanted but obviously it isn't an issue or a problem.
I know this might be hard for you to comprehend but you are talking pish. How can you make a draw for a tournament with 32 seeds when the PC Finals will change those seedlings. :omg:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
I know this might be hard for you to comprehend but you are talking pish. How can you make a draw for a tournament with 32 seeds when the PC Finals will change those seedlings. :omg:
I refer the honourable gentlemen to my earlier comment
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
FFS seriously?
Seed 1 v Seed 32
Seed 2 v Seed 31
Seed 3 v Seed 30

I know you like to think you are clever but I beg to differ.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

So anyway, before this pair of clever fellas jumped in I was just clarifying that not doing the draw was not an issue or a problem.

Madsocks
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

If the draw was made in advance like 'seed one v seed 32' couldn't that potentially throw up huge integrity questions over the event still to be played? If you know that, for example, a win in a certain round guarantees you face a certain player you would rather avoid.... what then? It may be possible to do the draw in such a way but why not wait until the qualification criteria is fully established? Of course we are only having this conversation because, yet again, Paddy and IFM are trying to correlate the situation with the BDO. I haven't previously commented on the Lakeside draw as I couldn't care less. But to compare the two when the field and settings for one isnt fully complete yet is beyond hilarious.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Murphio wrote:If the draw was made in advance like 'seed one v seed 32' couldn't that potentially throw up huge integrity questions over the event still to be played? If you know that, for example, a win in a certain round guarantees you face a certain player you would rather avoid.... what then? It may be possible to do the draw in such a way but why not wait until the qualification criteria is fully established? Of course we are only having this conversation because, yet again, Paddy and IFM are trying to correlate the situation with the BDO. I haven't previously commented on the Lakeside draw as I couldn't care less. But to compare the two when the field and settings for one isnt fully complete yet is beyond hilarious.
Draws are very often made before all participants are known, even in the PDC :omg:
So are you agreeing that not doing the draw is not an issue or a problem?

Madsocks
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

SSDD
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Booji Boy wrote:SSDD
Precisely, but the mods encourage it so...........

Madsocks
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ian getting desperate now for a catch after some baren fishing on this subject when the only people who care are the BDO 'family'
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Skewball wrote:Ian getting desperate now for a catch after some baren fishing on this subject when the only people who care are the BDO 'family'
*barren

Madsocks
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

ifm wrote:
Murphio wrote:If the draw was made in advance like 'seed one v seed 32' couldn't that potentially throw up huge integrity questions over the event still to be played? If you know that, for example, a win in a certain round guarantees you face a certain player you would rather avoid.... what then? It may be possible to do the draw in such a way but why not wait until the qualification criteria is fully established? Of course we are only having this conversation because, yet again, Paddy and IFM are trying to correlate the situation with the BDO. I haven't previously commented on the Lakeside draw as I couldn't care less. But to compare the two when the field and settings for one isnt fully complete yet is beyond hilarious.
Draws are very often made before all participants are known, even in the PDC :omg:
I don't have a problem with the BDO not doing its draw despite the fact there is no logistical reason to wait. The qualifiers and seeds are already known. I honestly couldnt care less either way though and have made no comment on it until now. I do find it amusing though that you and Paddy are thrashing around in this thread, comparing that situation with the PDC draw for which the criteria is not yet fully complete. Two different situations altogether. It is patently obvious the PDC is going to wait until after its last event.
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: 2018 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-14th December 2017- 1st January 2018

Post by Skewball »

ifm wrote:
Skewball wrote:Ian getting desperate now for a catch after some baren fishing on this subject when the only people who care are the BDO 'family'
*barren
Have you apologised to Glenn yet for spelling his name wrong
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
I don't have a problem with the BDO not doing its draw despite the fact there is no logistical reason to wait. The qualifiers and seeds are already known. I honestly couldnt care less either way though and have made no comment on it until now. I do find it amusing though that you and Paddy are thrashing around in this thread, comparing that situation with the PDC draw for which the criteria is not yet fully complete. Two different situations altogether. It is patently obvious the PDC is going to wait until after its last event.
Yes, I agree that it is not a problem or an issue, that was all I was establishing.

Madsocks
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Tweet from the PDPA.

PDPA Qualifier for the World's will be streamed by Sky. Just over 1 hour for members to enter... Entries close at 2pm.

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

ssjsa wrote:Tweet from the PDPA.

PDPA Qualifier for the World's will be streamed by Sky. Just over 1 hour for members to enter... Entries close at 2pm.
Streamed where?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Booji Boy wrote:

Streamed where?
Planning starts today for next week's @OfficialPDC World Championship Qualifier Live stream on http://SkySports.com  and @SkySports Facebook.

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

ssjsa wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:

Streamed where?
Planning starts today for next week's @OfficialPDC World Championship Qualifier Live stream on http://SkySports.com  and @SkySports Facebook.
Cheers
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ssjsa wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:

Streamed where?
Said before someone going to pick the pro tour up for tv, this is the first steps for it

Gets players a ton of more sponsorship opportunities with badges shown week in week out and it’s easy tv for a channel on an afternoon
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:

Streamed where?
Said before someone going to pick the pro tour up for tv, this is the first steps for it

Gets players a ton of more sponsorship opportunities with badges shown week in week out and it’s easy tv for a channel on an afternoon
Frontrunner?