2018 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-14th December 2017- 1st January 2018

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: 2018 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-14th December 2017- 1st January 2018

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ginge wrote:
Murphio wrote:Why would his choice offend anyone in the BDO?
I think he meant the precious wallflowers on the Fanatics page more than anyone within the BDO, imo.
Or the bdo director that asked him to help him to do his invisible made up job.
Rafaldarts180
Steady Sixties

Re: RE: Re: 2018 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-14th December 2017- 1st January 2018

Post by Rafaldarts180 »

Ginge wrote:
Rafaldarts180 wrote:I'm suprised that Hopp didn't get a place at Worlds. Looks like his last chance will be Youth Championship and, if he fails, PDPA qualifiers.
German Qualifier hasn't taken place yet.
Hopp won't be playing in German qualifier I think.
foggs3355
International

Re: 2018 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-14th December 2017- 1st January 2018

Post by foggs3355 »

Suprised thst Jeff is in I think he could have little run as long as don’t draw world master winner In prelims if both in that round

If he get a good 1st draw Avoids any top 8 seeds he could make at least 32 and get 17k which you have get to semis to get 15k at lakeside if prize money the same

I still think having top 4 European places it better than making up last min invites
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

On top of his Finders invite nice few weeks for Jeff
The Jolly Man
County Player

Re: RE: Re: 2018 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-14th December 2017- 1st January 2018

Post by The Jolly Man »

Ginge wrote:
Rafaldarts180 wrote:I'm suprised that Hopp didn't get a place at Worlds. Looks like his last chance will be Youth Championship and, if he fails, PDPA qualifiers.
German Qualifier hasn't taken place yet.
Hopp hasn't played in the super league so hasn't qualified for the finals. Can still play pdpa qualifier though as well as youths
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Ginge wrote:
thegabbycabby wrote:From Jeff on the Original fanatics.

Feel I need to explain this recent acceptance. With our Regional Points overlapping on BDO Majors and the points being so low outside the uk its a very steep task to qualify for Lakeside unless spending a fortune.. I had every intention of doing so in Bridlington, but came up short.

I also spoke to the NDFC in Japan at the World Cup, and they are not interested in changing anything regional wise to better our situation unless they are forced too (BDO Sanctioning Rules are not followed format, seeds either etc etc).

With that being said I was presented with an invite only a day ago, and it was a tough choice as everyone at the BDO have been so great to me from the board to the fans.

I have a chance to put my sponsors back on TV in a World Championship, and I feel obligated to do so. I do apologize if my choice has offended anyone within the BDO.

Hope you all understand.

Jeff
Why the fek does he feel the need to explain himself to that bunch of cretins?

If they dont like it, tough.
Cause he is a gentleman
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Ginge wrote:
thegabbycabby wrote:From Jeff on the Original fanatics.

Feel I need to explain this recent acceptance. With our Regional Points overlapping on BDO Majors and the points being so low outside the uk its a very steep task to qualify for Lakeside unless spending a fortune.. I had every intention of doing so in Bridlington, but came up short.

I also spoke to the NDFC in Japan at the World Cup, and they are not interested in changing anything regional wise to better our situation unless they are forced too (BDO Sanctioning Rules are not followed format, seeds either etc etc).

With that being said I was presented with an invite only a day ago, and it was a tough choice as everyone at the BDO have been so great to me from the board to the fans.

I have a chance to put my sponsors back on TV in a World Championship, and I feel obligated to do so. I do apologize if my choice has offended anyone within the BDO.

Hope you all understand.

Jeff
Why the fek does he feel the need to explain himself to that bunch of cretins?

If they dont like it, tough.
Cause he is a gentleman
If anybody doesn't like It, tough.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

pranu180 wrote:PDC is such a pythonesque organisation. They project themselves as utopian, but in reality it isn't. Unfortunately they do not follow something called fair play. And transparency is not at all present in this organisation as witnessed in so many occasions.
Very true.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Bag Carrier wrote:Wonder if there will be any shock entrants.
Well done Tony on your 3rd place in the World Cricket event in Kansas. Up against it when Boris throws a leg like this.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

Ginge wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Ginge wrote:
I think he meant the precious wallflowers on the Fanatics page more than anyone within the BDO, imo.
They get the chance to watch yet another BDO player exploit the PDC. What's not to like?
Yes but..........but but.....loyalty! Prestige! HNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!!
Didn't he hold a tour card in 2012? If anything, he's going back "home" ;)
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

billyd wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Ginge wrote:
They get the chance to watch yet another BDO player exploit the PDC. What's not to like?
Or he is just another player who really doesn't give a shiny sheidt about this phoney war and will do whatever is best for him - and rightly so.
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

Murphio wrote:
billyd wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Or he is just another player who really doesn't give a shiny sheidt about this phoney war and will do whatever is best for him - and rightly so.
Is the correct answer
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Both orgs have shoehorned players they wanted in previously, so should come as no surprise. Still
wrong as players should know the criteria at the start of the season.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

The PDC is devaluing it's premier tournament with these wildcards. And that is what they are, dressed up as a dodgy set of criteria - 'Highest Placed African', ' No 1 ranked on NDFC' - I would be a bit miffed if I was a PDC European or British player next in line on the rankings.

The Jeff Smith reason/excuse for inviting him is hilarious - No 1 ranked in an organisation that doesn't recognise the PDC, and where the ranking applies to a whole 4/5 months of competition. Someone who hasn't played a single PDC ranking event in the year! This is just about getting a Canadian in, anyone will do, and he just happens to be available and the best known.

Would love to see what the qualifying criteria will be for the 2019 event will be - why can't they just be honest and call a wildcard a wildcard rather than aim for bogus credibility by 'making it up as they go along'?
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Addicks Fan wrote:The PDC is devaluing it's premier tournament with these wildcards. And that is what they are, dressed up as a dodgy set of criteria - 'Highest Placed African', ' No 1 ranked on NDFC' - I would be a bit miffed if I was a PDC European or British player next in line on the rankings.

The Jeff Smith reason/excuse for inviting him is hilarious - No 1 ranked in an organisation that doesn't recognise the PDC, and where the ranking applies to a whole 4/5 months of competition. Someone who hasn't played a single PDC ranking event in the year! This is just about getting a Canadian in, anyone will do, and he just happens to be available and the best known.

Would love to see what the qualifying criteria will be for the 2019 event will be - why can't they just be honest and call a wildcard a wildcard rather than aim for bogus credibility by 'making it up as they go along'?
Agree 100%
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Addicks Fan wrote:The PDC is devaluing it's premier tournament with these wildcards. And that is what they are, dressed up as a dodgy set of criteria - 'Highest Placed African', ' No 1 ranked on NDFC' - I would be a bit miffed if I was a PDC European or British player next in line on the rankings.

Other than the 32+16 spots and the PDPA qualifier, none of the other spots have ever been made available to British PDPA members, so they can't moan too much at all. Other than Ratajski you have a point about the 3 Euro players who have missed out though
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

The Americans are miffed and rightly so, as said before i despise wildcards, they are a kick in the teeth to the players spending their hard earned week in week out on the tour and in this case it's even worse as they have given one to a guy that didn't even attempt to qualify, indeed he has taken money out of the PDC for nothing once already this year.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

While you have a point I am a little perplexed as to why they are going around the houses to give Jeff Smith a wildcard in this first place. Is is purely for the Canadian market or what's the craic?
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:

Other than the 32+16 spots and the PDPA qualifier, none of the other spots have ever been made available to British PDPA members, so they can't moan too much at all. Other than Ratajski you have a point about the 3 Euro players who have missed out though
Whinge white knighting, very predictable.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote:

The Americans are miffed and rightly so, as said before i despise wildcards, they are a kick in the teeth to the players spending their hard earned week in week out on the tour and in this case it's even worse as they have given one to a guy that didn't even attempt to qualify, indeed he has taken money out of the PDC for nothing once already this year.
Who didn't attempt to qualify?
Big Jock Knew