2017 PDC World Matchplay- Blackpool-22nd-30th July

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: 2017 PDC World Matchplay- Blackpool-22nd-30th July

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

devosteve wrote:
Rout wrote:I'd have more sympathy for Taylor if he had seen the matter through.

No appeal. No fight. Just taking it on the chin anddoing your best to try and stop it being mentioned for the rest of time.I can't respect that. With his money and stature and what he has available to him, if I was innocent I would fight it to the highest court in the land and exhausting every appeal available before quitting. And Taylor is no quitter.

He did it to protect his family? That would be the wife he cheated on with a fitness instructor, resulting in divorce? And the kids he has largely abandoned?
Not defending what happened but I bought taylors biog (2nd hand I might add!). This event starts off the book and I think there is a chapter on it. So he didn't hide it. Explains why he pleaded guilty, I remember.
He didnt plead guilty, he pleaded not guilty and was found guilty by a judge of Indecent assault

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/1306433.stm

World darts champion Phil Taylor has been fined £2,000 for indecently assaulting two women fans.

The 40-year-old star, who was awarded the MBE in the New Year Honours List, was sentenced at Dunfermline Sheriff Court.

Sheriff Isobella McColl told Taylor: "However brazen the attitude of the complainers may appear now, they were very upset by it at the time."

Taylor, a father of four from Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, was convicted of fondling two 23-year-old women after a darts exhibition in Fife in 1999.

The assaults took place after the two women accepted a lift home in the player's motor home.

Nine times world darts champion Taylor, nicknamed The Power, denied the allegations but was found guilty and sentencing was deferred for background reports.

The court was told Taylor had taken on 14 local darts players at a hotel in October 1999 before giving an exhibition in front of 150 people.

After returning to Taylor's camping van, one of the victims said he tried to kiss her while she was lying on the back seat. The court was told Taylor fondled both women.

Sheriff McColl said: "I have been made aware that some people and certain sections of the tabloid press consider that drunken young women who get into a van deserve all they get.

"That is a moral judgment. It is not my job to make moral judgments, I am here to apply the law.

"In our law it is recognised that personal integrity should be protected, even that of drunken young women."

The Sheriff added that she was persuaded that the offence was at the lower end of the scale and did not consider a jail sentence appropriate for Taylor.

Unwelcome press attention

Instead he was fined £1,000 for each offence.

Tony Anderson, defending Taylor, said the player had suffered considerably in his professional and private life since being convicted in March.

"Mr Taylor has endured a fairly traumatic and anxious 18-month period from the date of the offence," Mr Anderson said.

"Understandably it has been traumatic for his wife and family who have been expected to tolerate the unwelcome press attention.

Public perception

"The public perception of Mr Taylor will have been seriously affected and he hopes he can put this behind him and concentrate again on his career and his family.

"He is determined never to burden himself with a similar set of circumstances again."

Mr Anderson added that Taylor's sponsorship deals, television work, and even his MBE had been put in jeopardy by his conviction.

He said a number of TV appearances had been cancelled along with several exhibition events, including some which were to have been staged for charity.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Garry Murphy wrote:that is sexual assault under the IFM "umbrella term"

I am sure IFM will be along to condemn this behavior shown on tv and witnessed by kids.
would make him a hypocrite not to.
You are as confused as the other Irish fool (stereotype?), i am condemning the blaming of the victim, nothing to do with the perpetrator or the crime even, think about it.
You lot, if you stayed consistent, should be blaming Helen Skelton for "asking for it".
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Phil taylor in being a bit more famous than ross m and more relevant to a thread about the pdc matchplay shocker.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

ifm wrote:

I am sure IFM will be along to condemn this behavior shown on tv and witnessed by kids.
You are as confused as the other Irish fool (stereotype?), i am condemning the blaming of the victim, nothing to do with the perpetrator or the crime even, think about it.
You lot, if you stayed consistent, should be blaming Helen Skelton for "asking for it".
I see you are yet again reduced to name calling in the hope of deflecting.
I notice you still did not condemn the actions of montgomery,
although not surprised with you.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

ifm wrote:

She was not asking for it though, it was completely an unprovoked attack, whereas with Taylor you have two birds that were flirting with him all night and willingly went back to his campervan and then decided they could probably make some coin by calling indecent assault.

You have to remember that it was two persons words against two other persons words. The judge chose to believe the "victims" that does not mean she made the right decision.

Taylor should have appealed and took it as far as he could, thats the only mistake he has made in this instance.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

"asking for it" do you actually read the shit you post?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: 2017 PDC World Matchplay- Blackpool-22nd-30th July

Post by Rout »

Booji Boy wrote:
ifm wrote:

She was not asking for it though, it was completely an unprovoked attack, whereas with Taylor you have two birds that were flirting with him all night and willingly went back to his campervan and then decided they could probably make some coin by calling indecent assault.

You have to remember that it was two persons words against two other persons words. The judge chose to believe the "victims" that does not mean she made the right decision.

Taylor should have appealed and took it as far as he could, thats the only mistake he has made in this instance.
Didn't realise you were there
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Booji Boy
International

Re: RE: Re: 2017 PDC World Matchplay- Blackpool-22nd-30th July

Post by Booji Boy »

Rout wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
ifm wrote:

Didn't realise you were there
I was not, but first officer G**y T*** was.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Those navy boys from Rosyth docks love a rowdy night out.
Little Lonely Garry
International

and still IFM continues to refuse to condemn Montgomery's sexual assault
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Do you condemn Taylor's?
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Little Lonely Garry
International

oche balboa wrote:Do you condemn Taylor's?
Absolutely.
We may question the motives of his victims, but victims are still victims and no means no.
So yes I condemn taylor as i condemn Montgomery.

Sexual assault is wrong regardless of code,but in life.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

That was a party political broadcast by the Jeremy Kyle party.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

So no need for "Whataboutery" when Taylor's crimes are mentioned

slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

Did Taylor use the same darts as in Shanghai, Dubai?
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Booji Boy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
Ginge wrote:Taylor is also a sex offender, as he admitted himself in court. Pure vermin.
You sure about the bit in bold?
Had in in my head he pleaded guilty. Never mind, my mistake.

Still found guilty though so the vermin bit stlll stands.
Two fife slags acting like slags and trying everything they could to get some coin.

Thats what happened.

PS. I cant stand taylor, hate him with a passion.
No words needed........... :DDD:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:Anyone got any footage of Montgomery doing what he did?

If he did why didn't Helen Skelton complain?
Any luck?
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

:)