PDC Order of Merit

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
26scored
Pub Champion

Re: PDC Order of Merit

Post by 26scored »

Robson wrote:If Mr Murphy gives it out - He has to expect a bit back - Never met Jamie - Been told that hes a good lad -

Robson
He slated Caven because of his bad performances against MVG. Which is a fact.

You can debate whether Gaz crossed the line but regardless, a pro player shouldn't react like this. Caven with this response proved that he's not such a "good lad" after all. Boasting about his income and challenging forum users to darts matches was way over the top.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

26scored wrote:
Robson wrote:If Mr Murphy gives it out - He has to expect a bit back - Never met Jamie - Been told that hes a good lad -

Robson

You can debate whether Gaz crossed the line but regardless, a pro player shouldn't react like this. Caven with this response proved that he's not such a "good lad" after all. Boasting about his income and challenging forum users to darts matches was way over the top.

Totally get that - but we all get wound up and react badly from time to time.

He certainly isn’t ‘living the dream’ with his darts winnings - I just hope he is still carving out a living from the game.
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

Lee Taylor wrote:
26scored wrote:

Robson

Totally get that - but we all get wound up and react badly from time to time.

He certainly isn’t ‘living the dream’ with his darts winnings - I just hope he is still carving out a living from the game.
I'm sure he won't have financial problems. With the sponsors and all that. In fairness he had a few years when he was quite decent.
Also heard that him and Ian White are popular on exbos. I've no doubts he might be a good lad but made a huge mistake there. And after that you can't complain if people start to dislike you.
I'm quite indifferent on him. I surely wouldn't wish bad on anyone. However the level he's playing at, he'll probably have to look for a proper job sooner than later.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC Order of Merit

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Lee Taylor wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:I for one have zero sympathy for Caven who tried belittle people when he boasted of his so called earnings and issued a challenge all because of some Facts I posted about his losing streak.

Issuing a challenge and spouting about his poor income did not negate the reality of what was initially posted as posting stats does not break any rule.
Its clear his bad run has continued, or will he get upset by these facts as well
I think Caven is a decent lad - you’re just looking for an issue that isn’t really there.
So he didn't come on here and give it the "I am richer then you" routine, then?

I suggest you catch up.
Yes, he did.

But when provoked we have all said things we may later live to regret.

I stand by the fact that he is a decent bloke.
Get over yourself.

I mentioned on a darts forum how a darts player had lost something like 21 consecutive legs to MVG, was dropping down the rankings.That is not provocation.
His response was to try belittle me and make it a personal issue , then challenged me to a game is that somehow made the facts any less true,
It is obvious you sucking up to players is clouding your views
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Garry Murphy wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:I for one have zero sympathy for Caven who tried belittle people when he boasted of his so called earnings and issued a challenge all because of some Facts I posted about his losing streak.

Issuing a challenge and spouting about his poor income did not negate the reality of what was initially posted as posting stats does not break any rule.
Its clear his bad run has continued, or will he get upset by these facts as well
I think Caven is a decent lad - you’re just looking for an issue that isn’t really there.

I suggest you catch up.
Yes, he did.

But when provoked we have all said things we may later live to regret.

I stand by the fact that he is a decent bloke.
Get over yourself.

I mentioned on a darts forum how a darts player had lost something like 21 consecutive legs to MVG, was dropping down the rankings.That is not provocation.
His response was to try belittle me and make it a personal issue , then challenged me to a game is that somehow made the facts any less true,
It is obvious you sucking up to players is clouding your views
That's not strictly true though is it, you started mocking his disability straight away which made it personal long before he replied.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Ginge wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:

I suggest you catch up.
No he did not. I suggest you catch up.

He stated that he had earned more from darts that Gaz ever would. A 100% accurate statement.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Booji Boy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:

I suggest you catch up.

He stated that he had earned more from darts that Gaz ever would. A 100% accurate statement.
Not quite. To use the exact wording:
" over half a million in career earnings. How many years will you need to work to achieve the same?"
Classless.

There was also the "enjoy work next week "routine - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16212&p=549956#p549959
Last edited by Ginge on Tue May 22, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Booji Boy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:

I suggest you catch up.

Sorry I was not 100% accurate, but my point still stands. He did not come on giving it the "I am richer than thou spiel"

"Obviously not in your opinion. Either you have lost a few quid betting on me - shame but it probably cost me a lot more!

Plus not bad for someone so bad - over half a million in career earnings. How many years will you need to work to achieve the same?"
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Ginge wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:

I suggest you catch up.

Not quite. To use the exact wording:
" over half a million in career earnings. How many years will you need to work to achieve the same?"
Classless.

There was also the "enjoy work next week "routine - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16212&p=549956#p549959
Ah the only quote part of the post routine. Luckily I am on the case as well :grin:

Better luck next time.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

"How many years will you need to work to achieve the same?".

Certainly the "I am richer than you" routine to me.

Hard lines.
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Booji Boy wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:

I suggest you catch up.

Sorry I was not 100% accurate, but my point still stands. He did not come on giving it the "I am richer than thou spiel"

"Obviously not in your opinion. Either you have lost a few quid betting on me - shame but it probably cost me a lot more!

Plus not bad for someone so bad - over half a million in career earnings. How many years will you need to work to achieve the same?"
So given that Gaz is on about 10k a year in my opinion the answer to Jamies question is 50 years.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Surely his wage would be in Euros.
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Ginge wrote:Surely his wage would be in Euros.
Caven makes no mention of currency lad.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Booji Boy wrote:
True dat!
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Booji Boy wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:

I suggest you catch up.

So given that Gaz is on about 10k a year in my opinion the answer to Jamies question is 50 years.
You'd think Ann Summers would pay better....
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Ginge wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
True dat!
Backtrack accepted.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I will agree to disagree with you on the "richer than you" thing, mind.
Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

nikki would rather blame the likes of me for the actions of others.

I never made Caven lose to MVG, or did not make caven smile as he jobbed.
I did not put a gun to his head and force him to boast about his income and question mine.
Was not me that was issuing challenges to a match.

Caven was responsible for what he posted, and him leaving hurt nikki and nikki would rather blame others for cavens own actions.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

26scored wrote:

Robson

We all lose it down the pub over a game of arrows or doms - Say things we dont mean -Jamie should have known better than to react - But I dont blame him for doing so - Mr Murphy loves a bit of needle - And probably enjoyed a top level player giving him attention - I have been reading his posts for a few years now - He could start an argument in an empty room -

Robson
Little Lonely Garry
International

Robson wrote:
26scored wrote:

Robson

We all lose it down the pub over a game of arrows or doms - Say things we dont mean -Jamie should have known better than to react - But I dont blame him for doing so - Mr Murphy loves a bit of needle - And probably enjoyed a top level player giving him attention - I have been reading his posts for a few years now - He could start an argument in an empty room -

Robson
so you have been reading my posts for years but only now are posting.

odd timing.