BlueSpark
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PDC Order of Merit

Post by BlueSpark »

ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:Are mods supposed to be openly trolling?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
FFS. Expected this type of response from the forum troll and resident Fusilier drinker.

So the CT and Development Tour are not PDC initiatives. :banghead:
Yes for some but MVG had already proved he was a talented player by winning the Masters and Dutch open before moving accross. Didn't do a lot for his hair though......
No no no, he never played in the bdo at all, ever.

MVG was a brilliant talent when he played in the BDO, and like most players, he has progressed through that organisation, before moving across to the PDC.

Think you are arguing with yourself, as very few would disagree that the BDO system is where most professional darts players get their grounding in the sport.

The point being made was that in the case of Cross and MVG, their success on the PDC Challenge Tour and Youth/Development Tours have been the catalyst for them playing at their current high levels.
Yes :DDDD:
Addicks Fan
County Player

Re: PDC Order of Merit

Post by Addicks Fan »

Murphio wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:Is it just possible, just possible, that MvG was a fantastic darts player who first showed it in the BDO, then went off the boil
That is exactly the case. I don't think I have ever seen anyone claim otherwise so i think that is a bit of a strawman argument. All that has been said is that the PDC's introduction of satellite tours allowed MVG to take a step away from the dog eat dog world of top level darts to regain the mojo he had already shown while playing in the BDO.
I think the idea was that the Development tour made him, this is simply not the case.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Addicks Fan wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:Is it just possible, just possible, that MvG was a fantastic darts player who first showed it in the BDO, then went off the boil
That is exactly the case. I don't think I have ever seen anyone claim otherwise so i think that is a bit of a strawman argument. All that has been said is that the PDC's introduction of satellite tours allowed MVG to take a step away from the dog eat dog world of top level darts to regain the mojo he had already shown while playing in the BDO.
I think the idea was that the Development tour made him, this is simply not the case.
Of course it isn't, what wally would say such things?
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Addicks Fan wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Who has said that? I have genuinely never, ever seen that claimed. It is pretty common knowledge MVG was a top talent in the BDO. He lost his way and the development tour allowed him to regain his confidence. I haven't seen a single post on here to the contrary.
ssjsa
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PDC Order of Merit

Post by ssjsa »

ifm wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
FFS. Expected this type of response from the forum troll and resident Fusilier drinker.

So the CT and Development Tour are not PDC initiatives. :banghead:
Yes for some but MVG had already proved he was a talented player by winning the Masters and Dutch open before moving accross. Didn't do a lot for his hair though......

MVG was a brilliant talent when he played in the BDO, and like most players, he has progressed through that organisation, before moving across to the PDC.

Think you are arguing with yourself, as very few would disagree that the BDO system is where most professional darts players get their grounding in the sport.

The point being made was that in the case of Cross and MVG, their success on the PDC Challenge Tour and Youth/Development Tours have been the catalyst for them playing at their current high levels.
Ummm you are the one ignoring the fact, it reminds me of the odds in a comp draw, forget the history and just go with what you want.
Bizarre.

Have to say, if it wasn't for the fact I am a Moderator on this forum, and as such frequently have to edit and delete your posts following reports for alleged rampant homophobic and racist content I would put you on ignore.

Hey, ho, the sacrifices us mods make on behalf of the forum.
Attachments
chewin_post_fusilier_milkman.jpg
chewin_post_fusilier_milkman.jpg (30.12 KiB) Viewed 1428 times

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Murphio wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Who has said that? I have genuinely never, ever seen that claimed. It is pretty common knowledge MVG was a top talent in the BDO. He lost his way and the development tour allowed him to regain his confidence. I haven't seen a single post on here to the contrary.
I didn't want to get into individual posts, as it was the general argument I was highlighting, but SSJA agreed that the Challenge Tour was the making of Cross, as was the Development Tour for MvG. That is just another of many examples of people giving credIit for players talent to a darting org that merely gives them an opportunity to show that talent.
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PDC Order of Merit

Post by ifm »

ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Ummm you are the one ignoring the fact, it reminds me of the odds in a comp draw, forget the history and just go with what you want.
Bizarre.

Have to say, if it wasn't for the fact I am a Moderator on this forum, and as such frequently have to edit and delete your posts following reports for alleged rampant homophobic and racist content I would put you on ignore.

Hey, ho, the sacrifices us mods make on behalf of the forum.
There was neither but don't let that stop you repeating it eh?
One of the reasons you are such a bad mod.
Count yourself lucky, at least you can block me, I can't block your crappy, ugly graphs, believe me I've tried ;)

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Fantastic debate on this subject, and with the exception of our resident Fusilier drinker, think every other poster is contributing in a genuine manner, and posting their genuine and honest opinions.

Will try and keep up with this thread, however the Glorious Hoops are just about to kick off against Bayern at Paradise, so my priorities are firmly at Celtic Park for the next 2 hours.

BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Rob Cross has developed into one excellent dart player, came from practically nowhere. Not many people picked him in their UK open choices the other year,when Barry Lynn also did the business. What happened to him?
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ssjsa wrote:Fantastic debate on this subject, and with the exception of our resident Fusilier drinker, think every other poster is contributing in a genuine manner, and posting their genuine and honest opinions.

Will try and keep up with this thread, however the Glorious Hoops are just about to kick off against Bayern at Paradise, so my priorities are firmly at Celtic Park for the next 2 hours.
Fully expecting Chelsea to win this evening aswell. Not watching though, no BT sport or wifi to stream it.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

BlueSpark wrote:Rob Cross has developed into one excellent dart player, came from practically nowhere. Not many people picked him in their UK open choices the other year,when Barry Lynn also did the business. What happened to him?
Herts B for him. One-hit wonder :)
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Addicks Fan wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:Rob Cross has developed into one excellent dart player, came from practically nowhere. Not many people picked him in their UK open choices the other year,when Barry Lynn also did the business. What happened to him?
Lol. Did he play on the Challenge Tour like Cross did?
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

BlueSpark wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
Played all this year plus UK Open qualifiers. £0 in UK Open and two QFs in Challenge Tour, so pretty poor return really
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC Order of Merit

Post by ifm »

ssjsa wrote:Fantastic debate on this subject, and with the exception of our resident Fusilier drinker, think every other poster is contributing in a genuine manner, and posting their genuine and honest opinions.

Get a new joke, troll.

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Addicks Fan wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
Played all this year plus UK Open qualifiers. £0 in UK Open and two QFs in Challenge Tour, so pretty poor return really
Remarkable the difference in two players fortunes and career. One player on the way to the top echelons and the other to the dogs.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ifm wrote:

Get a new joke, troll.

Where's that pot kettle black gif....
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

BlueSpark wrote:
ifm wrote:

Get a new joke, troll.

Whinge klaxon!

Madsocks
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ifm wrote:

Get a new joke, troll.

Apologies if you have not understood the intent. It was not meant as a joke, but rather the only plausible explanation for the content of your input. :WWWW:
Attachments
dreyfus-eye-twitch-o.gif
dreyfus-eye-twitch-o.gif (621.82 KiB) Viewed 1019 times

ifm
International

Post by ifm »

ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:

Get a new joke, troll.

Apologies if you have not understood the intent. It was not meant as a joke, but rather the only plausible explanation for the content of your input. :WWWW:
Yes, I understand, you are very much a pro pdc poster and I am unbiased, though as a mod you really should be trying to hide your distasteful attitude.

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ifm wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
ifm wrote:

Get a new joke, troll.

Whinge klaxon!

Where is the great man?