The Home Nations "Lets Stick 2 Fingers Up To The WDF Because We Didnt Fundraise" Unsanctioned Rival Event in Glenrothes

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
WCDPA
International

Re: The Home Nations "Lets Stick 2 Fingers Up To The WDF Because We Didnt Fundraise" Unsanctioned Rival Event in Glenrot

Post by WCDPA »

oche balboa wrote:Why have this event. Why not run a singles competition with the money and get it streamed
What like the WDT ? Be cheaper to send teams to Japan .
Ginge
International

Re: The Home Nations "Lets Stick 2 Fingers Up To The WDF Because We Didnt Fundraise" Unsanctioned Rival Event in Glenrot

Post by Ginge »

Having ANY streamed or ranking event running alongside the World Cup would be a smack in the face, quite frankly.
Big Jock Knew
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Ginge wrote:Been told on the grapevine that the home nations were each offered £3k by the BDO to attend this event.

An event scheduled AGAINST the WDF World Cup, of which the BDO is a member.

If true then heads need to roll.
Are Northern Ireland a BDO member ???
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

WCDPA wrote:
Ginge wrote:Been told on the grapevine that the home nations were each offered £3k by the BDO to attend this event.

An event scheduled AGAINST the WDF World Cup, of which the BDO is a member.

If true then heads need to roll.
Are Northern Ireland a BDO member ???
Nope. Which would make the suggestion they were offered £3k to go to the event even more of a smack in the face
Big Jock Knew
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Just googled hotels in glenrothes if you arrived Friday for 3 nights approx £180 a room.
Would need 10 rooms for a team , travel to Glenrothes from all over England , plane , train or car , plus players food allowance if 3k a correct figure it would help for sure but nowhere would cover event .
For Northern Ireland the costs would be considerably more , perhaps Lurgan could comment he is an NI official and was mentioned at Welsh Open .
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

So NI are sending 6 women on top of the 4 (?) who will be going to Japan and are presumably the better ones?

Dear lord. Cant imagine the standard will be up to much.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: The Home Nations "Lets Stick 2 Fingers Up To The WDF Because We Didnt Fundraise" Unsanctioned Rival Event in

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:Just read that ginge.

Ifm, rout and oche should be on the attack because you are criticising proper and pure darts.

why are the national organisations doing this?

To make money? To appease the players. To show their arrogance?
Try looking up our opinions on this before your pathetic trolling attempt.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Serious answers only would be appreciated.

Why are these national organisations putting this event on?

What do they actually gain?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:Serious answers only would be appreciated.

No retort to my response to your trolling above?
No, because you love the hit n run don't you.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

devosteve wrote:Serious answers only would be appreciated.

Another opportunity for a piss up with your mates and another cap.
Throw some darts as well.
Job done.
Dazzla501
Steady Sixties

Post by Dazzla501 »

I think some events still have their merit but it does seem like overkill and events being put on purely because 'they have been traditionally'.

Lets be honest it's only catering for the same travelling crowd mostly these days.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Dazzla501 wrote:I think some events still have their merit but it does seem like overkill and events being put on purely because 'they have been traditionally'.

Lets be honest it's only catering for the same travelling crowd mostly these days.
There is no tradition to this event !
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: The Home Nations "Lets Stick 2 Fingers Up To The WDF Because We Didnt Fundraise" Unsanctioned Rival Event in

Post by ifm »

WCDPA wrote:
Dazzla501 wrote:I think some events still have their merit but it does seem like overkill and events being put on purely because 'they have been traditionally'.

Yeah I think in his haste to have a dig he missed that :-)

Madsocks
Dazzla501
Steady Sixties

Post by Dazzla501 »

ifm wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Not quite :-) Its kind of proving a point that you can hardly tell these international events apart these days though.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Dazzla501 wrote:
ifm wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Not quite :-) Its kind of proving a point that you can hardly tell these international events apart these days though.
Nice try 4/10 :grin:

Madsocks
Dazzla501
Steady Sixties

Post by Dazzla501 »

I've been up with the kids since 6. Its as good as you are getting from me!
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Dazzla501 wrote:I've been up with the kids since 6. Its as good as you are getting from me! Image
You going to the Bish next weekend Daz for the Worthingtons qualifier?
Probably have a little KO after.

Madsocks
Dazzla501
Steady Sixties

Post by Dazzla501 »

Possibly if it fits around the kids social life these days! I l know our lot have chatted about it at our last league game.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Great chance for NI to give some of their ladies a chance on the international stage .
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Please do not talk about Northern Irish darts.

Rename the British Internationals as the UK Internationals, drop a couple of players and fit NI in that event.

This is like the time they had all the countries have a football tournament bar England and no-one cared.