The Home Nations "Lets Stick 2 Fingers Up To The WDF Because We Didnt Fundraise" Unsanctioned Rival Event in Glenrothes

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Bag Carrier
County Player

Re: The Home Nations "Lets Stick 2 Fingers Up To The WDF Because We Didnt Fundraise" Unsanctioned Rival Event in Glenrot

Post by Bag Carrier »

If I was in charge of the WDF and the UK teams went to this proposed event in Scotland. I would put a blanket ban on all teams that attend until after the next World Cup.

But let's be honest, What do these countries contribute to the WDF in terms of finance.
JFT97
WCDPA
International

Re: The Home Nations "Lets Stick 2 Fingers Up To The WDF Because We Didnt Fundraise" Unsanctioned Rival Event in Glenrot

Post by WCDPA »

Bag Carrier wrote:If I was in charge of the WDF and the UK teams went to this proposed event in Scotland. I would put a blanket ban on all teams that attend until after the next World Cup.

But let's be honest, What do these countries contribute to the WDF in terms of finance.
We pay a membership and English players would pay a fair amount on Levies , looks like Belgium have stopped paying the levy as well .
We paid it from London event , BDO, Wales and Scotland don't pay levy .
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Drove my Chevy there once.
But it was dry.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Sponsored by Winmau no less!
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: The Home Nations "Lets Stick 2 Fingers Up To The WDF Because We Didnt Fundraise" Unsanctioned Rival Event in

Post by Ginge »

markymark wrote:Sponsored by Winmau no less!
Oh dear oh dear oh dear!
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Surely they haven't put their name to it?
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

they can do what they want, nobody have to travel around the world for a WORLD Cup...and because they cant finance the travel to Japan at least they give the own players something to play for (guess its not that much cheaper)...might they think "can you see, we do something for the players"

i'm just waiting for a bid from them to host a WORLD Cup in the next few years 8-)
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

IMG_0184.JPG
IMG_0184.JPG (310.02 KiB) Viewed 1224 times
Charging a pony to watch.
Outrageous.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: The Home Nations "Lets Stick 2 Fingers Up To The WDF Because We Didnt Fundraise" Unsanctioned Rival Event in

Post by Ginge »

bukowski wrote:they can do what they want, nobody have to travel around the world for a WORLD Cup...and because they cant finance the travel to Japan at least they give the own players something to play for (guess its not that much cheaper)...might they think "can you see, we do something for the players"

i'm just waiting for a bid from them to host a WORLD Cup in the next few years 8-)
You think it's alright just to run your own rival international event against the official World Cup?

Imagine if it happened in football. Well it wouldn't happen as the world governing body wouldn't allow it or would sanction those that do.
Big Jock Knew
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

Ginge wrote:
bukowski wrote:they can do what they want, nobody have to travel around the world for a WORLD Cup...and because they cant finance the travel to Japan at least they give the own players something to play for (guess its not that much cheaper)...might they think "can you see, we do something for the players"

You think it's alright just to run your own rival international event against the official World Cup?
of course not
Dazzla501
Steady Sixties

Post by Dazzla501 »

Another home nations darts event hosted in a social club? Great...its been way too long since the last one
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

It's all about getting the caps and having a piss up
Nothing more, nothing less.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Time to email the WDF.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

bukowski wrote:
Ginge wrote:

of course not
Beep beep beep
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

when we are playing at the world cup in japan we visit also a few things there...has Glenrothes the same nice things?

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I suppose Edinburgh is only a few stops away on the train...
Big Jock Knew
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

hm, not that bad:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

£25, bloody hell, you can attend both days of the World Masters for that and actually see some half decent darts ffs.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

I'm off to the World Masters
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021