A couple of questions for members

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: A couple of questions for members

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Murphio wrote:I think it's likely the BDO will continue to cater for darts at the grass roots but it's days of offering a platform to the top players is very obviously coming to a close
Regarding your second point you might well be right.

I'd be happy with Lakeside on TV and the winmau streamed.

If the players at the top end want to go pdc then pat them on the back and wish them well.
UKDA 4 Life
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A couple of questions for members

Post by Ginge »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Murphio wrote:I think it's likely the BDO will continue to cater for darts at the grass roots but it's days of offering a platform to the top players is very obviously coming to a close
Regarding your second point you might well be right.

I'd be happy with Lakeside on TV and the winmau streamed.

If the players at the top end want to go pdc then pat them on the back and wish them dead.
Fixed.
Big Jock Knew
Murphio
International

Re: A couple of questions for members

Post by Murphio »

oche balboa wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:Another question I have is how many of the members here with an anti-BDO stance actually play darts within their system?

Loads, Murphio hates the BDO so much he is packing up darts and went into his real ambition of having whores
Once you've had your mum you don't need other whores. She could suck a golf ball through a straw that woman. But I'm not telling you something you don't already know. Needs must, kid. Needs must.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Ginge wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:Anyone who has been to an BDO ranked open in the last few years can attest that BDO darts is still very much alive.
The top end, however, is a dead duck. New Era fiasco, no TV station seemingly interested in paying for anything other than Lakeside. You know all this, though.

All the "ranked opens" can easily be picked up by the EDO, SDA and WDO who already run ranked opens anyway. Life would go on without the BDO, although you need to be clear whether you are talking about the "BDO" or the "system" as a whole.
I'm referring to the system. An alternative to the PDC.
UKDA 4 Life
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A couple of questions for members

Post by Ginge »

Ginge wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:Anyone who has been to an BDO ranked open in the last few years can attest that BDO darts is still very much alive.
The top end, however, is a dead duck. New Era fiasco, no TV station seemingly interested in paying for anything other than Lakeside. You know all this, though.

All the "ranked opens" can easily be picked up by the EDO, SDA and WDO who already run ranked opens anyway. Life would go on without the BDO, although you need to be clear whether you are talking about the "BDO" or the "system" as a whole.
Well you should have made that clearer then as I though you were just on about the "BDO".

Sigh.
Big Jock Knew
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A couple of questions for members

Ginge wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Well you should have made that clearer then as I though you were just on about the "BDO".

Sigh.
If you jump in to wish the BDO dead that's your perogative.
UKDA 4 Life
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A couple of questions for members

Post by Ginge »

Ginge wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Sigh.
The organisation, yes. Certainly not the system, which would be picked up by others if the "BDO" carked it.
Big Jock Knew
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A couple of questions for members

Ginge wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Sigh.
The organisation, yes. Certainly not the system, which would be picked up by others if the "BDO" carked it.
Good. In that case let's try to think of constructive ways to improve it. You've always been excellent with the stats and tables. You could help at some point in the future.
UKDA 4 Life
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A couple of questions for members

Post by Ginge »

Ginge wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote: I'm referring to the system. An alternative to the PDC.

Sigh.
Good. In that case let's try to think of constructive ways to improve it. You've always been excellent with the stats and tables. You could help at some point in the future.
Well they could stop trying to compete at the top end, for starters.

Oh and get rid of the current incumbents.

Until those 2 things happen nothing will inprove.
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ive been to several and I respectfully disagree.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Thanks for your answers Ginge.

Anyone else?
UKDA 4 Life
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:How many of you want the BDO to go out of business?

If so, what would you do with the thousands of players within the system?

Thank you for reading.
I could not care less if they went out of business.

The thousands of players within the system would continue to play darts in pretty much the exact same way they do now.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Ive been to several and I respectfully disagree.
Which ones have you been to? Lincolnshire Open?
UKDA 4 Life
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

I would like the BDO to accept its position as the organisation in charge of grass roots and amateur darts, work with the PDC but continue to focus on County/OPens/Team events etc.

I want 'Lakeside' to continue as the World Amateur Championships inviting the best Non tour card holders in the world, as well as a reward for those doing the Open Circuit - (and to continue the Womens/Youth World Championship). The Masters should continue as a route for Superleague/County players to try and qualify for without having to do the Opens.

Basically it should continue to do 90% of what it does but linked to the PDC so that the players with ambition and ability get a good grounding to move into the Professional ranks.

And this does all need the PDC to make changes as well, there are things I would change about them as well.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

And I do play in BDO.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Don't play in the superleague any more. Entered the British Classic in 2004.
Been to Lakeside twice. That's about it.
Just a casual spectator of events now. I try and watch most darts when given the opportunity.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Skewball wrote:I would like the BDO to accept its position as the organisation in charge of grass roots and amateur darts, work with the PDC but continue to focus on County/OPens/Team events etc.

I want 'Lakeside' to continue as the World Amateur Championships inviting the best Non tour card holders in the world, as well as a reward for those doing the Open Circuit - (and to continue the Womens/Youth World Championship). The Masters should continue as a route for Superleague/County players to try and qualify for without having to do the Opens.

Basically it should continue to do 90% of what it does but linked to the PDC so that the players with ambition and ability get a good grounding to move into the Professional ranks.

And this does all need the PDC to make changes as well, there are things I would change about them as well.
Totally agree. Don't think it will be happening any time soon though. That would involve admitting defeat.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Darts is bigger than the individuals involved
UKDA 4 Life
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:Darts is bigger than the individuals involved
random

(and fucking obvious)
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Skewball wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:Darts is bigger than the individuals involved
random

(and fekkin obvious)
No.

The people in charge of the game should have the best interests of the game held above any personal interest.
UKDA 4 Life