A couple of questions for members

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Rout
International

Re: A couple of questions for members

Post by Rout »

The existence of two organisations and two world championships has rarely bothered me

It's the people in charge of both that get on my tits.

There's a strong argument for the split being a healthy thing for darts imo. I know most won't agree but what's new there :)
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: A couple of questions for members

Post by Skewball »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:Darts is bigger than the individuals involved
random

(and fekkin obvious)
No.

The people in charge of the game should have the best interests of the game held above any personal interest.

yup, fucking obvious, as I said.
And the PDC are doing a better job of it despite being a private company owned by corporate business and individuals. Go figure
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Rout wrote:The existence of two organisations and two world championships has rarely bothered me

It's the people in charge of both that get on my tits.

There's a strong argument for the split being a healthy thing for darts imo. I know most won't agree but what's new there :)
I agree it has been a healthy thing but that was up until say 5 years. Ago. I think it needs to come back together now.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A couple of questions for members

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Skewball wrote:
Skewball wrote:
random

(and fekkin obvious)
No.

The people in charge of the game should have the best interests of the game held above any personal interest.

yup, fekkin obvious, as I said.
And the PDC are doing a better job of it despite being a private company owned by corporate business and individuals. Go figure
Don't get your knickers in a twist. We are having calm, reasoned debate. No need for your attitude.
UKDA 4 Life
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A couple of questions for members

Post by Skewball »

Skewball wrote:
Skewball wrote:
random

(and fekkin obvious)
No.

Don't get your knickers in a twist. We are having calm, reasoned debate. No need for your attitude.

I am (calm) . And I have contributed more to the debate than you so far.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

I'd like someone to explain to me how every single competition currently under the bdo umbrella would continue with no effect at all without the bdo.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A couple of questions for members

Skewball wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Skewball wrote:
random

(and fekkin obvious)
No.

Not going to argue with you as it doesn't accomplish anything.
UKDA 4 Life
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A couple of questions for members

Post by Skewball »

Skewball wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote: No.

Not going to argue with you as it doesn't accomplish anything.
I'm not arguing as you have not said what you would do going forward (sorry If I have missed it).
Just made an honest attempt to answer your original question. No trolling, no other motive, just answered it honestly. And would be happy to debate it (not argue). Sorry if this is not what you intended from the thread.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

ifm wrote:I'd like someone to explain to me how every single competition currently under the bdo umbrella would continue with no effect at all without the bdo.

I assume you are talking about the ones that the BDO run directly themselves yes?
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

If the BDO ceased to be who, if anyone, would take over running the events?

Would the WDF finally do something?

Would the EDO run the opens held in this country?
UKDA 4 Life
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:If the BDO ceased to be who, if anyone, would take over running the events?

How many floor ranking events do the BDO actually run every year? The two at Brid and the one that was at Brean (not Wales), isnt it?

Losing those three wont have a huge impact given all the others on the calendar. The two in Wolves are run by a private promoter with the acronym "BDO " whacked on it to try and give it more lure (thats what Shownights did in Blackpool), that will not be affected either.

As for the Gold Cup, whoever takes over the county scene can just continue running that surely?
Big Jock Knew
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Ginge wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:If the BDO ceased to be who, if anyone, would take over running the events?

How many floor ranking events do the BDO actually run every year? The two at Brid and the one that was at Brean (not Wales), isnt it?

Losing those three wont have a huge impact given all the others on the calendar. The two in Wolves are run by a private promoter with the acronym "BDO " whacked on it to try and give it more lure (thats what Shownights did in Blackpool), that will not be affected either.

As for the Gold Cup, whoever takes over the county scene can just continue running that surely?
The two at Wolves were ran by Wayne and Sue Williams
UKDA 4 Life
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ginge wrote:

The two at Wolves were ran by Wayne and Sue Williams
The actual day to day running, yes. My understanding of the events there it is WICS/Winmau who are the bankrollers as private promoters and applied for the points through the BDO. Just like Shownights did at Blackpool where Sue and Wayne will have still run the desk.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Booji Boy wrote:
ifm wrote:I'd like someone to explain to me how every single competition currently under the bdo umbrella would continue with no effect at all without the bdo.

I assume you are talking about the ones that the BDO run directly themselves yes?
Everything, tables, website, bicc fixtures, monthly awards......

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

ifm wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:

Everything, tables, website, bicc fixtures, monthly awards......

A little bit of minor admin changes as am sure it would be fairly straightforward for the EDO SDO and WDO to manage the county and SL set up.

As for the BDO's four or five comps, again the EDO could sort them out with the exception of that silly spanish one.

For the vast majority of us who play under the BDO umbrella, nothing at all would change.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:Anyone who has been to an BDO ranked open in the last few years can attest that BDO darts is still very much alive.
It's alive despite the BDO and not because of it, superleague is for the main administered by the counties and the county system could be administered by the EDO/WDO/NIDO/SDO quite easily. The BDO itself is an extra tier of governance that is no longer needed, indeed most of what the BDO do should actually be undertaken by the WDF as the governing body. The only thing that saves the BDO is Lakeside, whilst that still exists the BDO will remain the power in WDF darts. Once Lakeside finishes the BDO will no longer be revered as the top organisation.

I had several interesting conversations with US and Canadian players in Vegas, they don't see the BDO's influence at all and the only thing that get's them a mention is the Winmau World masters and Lakeside, outside of that it's the local orgs and the wdf.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

I think folks are getting hung up on the 3 letters 'BDO'. I mean the code other than the PDC so that's WDF/BDO/EDO/WDA etc, etc
UKDA 4 Life
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:I think folks are getting hung up on the 3 letters 'BDO'. I mean the code other than the PDC so that's WDF/BDO/EDO/WDA etc, etc

So in the unlikely event that they all went bust is your question?
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:I think folks are getting hung up on the 3 letters 'BDO'. I mean the code other than the PDC so that's WDF/BDO/EDO/WDA etc, etc

huh? Your opening question was the BDO. if you did not mean us to get hung up on the letters BDO then please dont put them in your opening post and actually say what you mean.

Anyway, I'm out of this conversation. Its all one way so you are either fishing/trolling etc or just on the wind up.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Majority of the anti-BDO gang very quiet
UKDA 4 Life