Suljovic

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Re: Suljovic

Post by Thehateful180 »

I have extreme doubts that the Mensur miracle can continue for long. The tekkers is appalling. Players with dodgy actions can burn brightly, but they never do so for very long.

Newton,Hamilton, even Nils De Ruiter all had varying levels of success despite awful throwing styles. A loss of form soon puts paid to it though. It becomes very difficult for them to find their way back into form with so many steps in their process.
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: Suljovic

Post by Rout »

Thehateful180 wrote:I have extreme doubts that the Mensur miracle can continue for long. The tekkers is appalling. Players with dodgy actions can burn brightly, but they never do so for very long.

Newton,Hamilton, even Nils De Ruiter all had varying levels of success despite awful throwing styles. A loss of form soon puts paid to it though. It becomes very difficult for them to find their way back into form with so many steps in their process.
Have to say I totally agree. They don't make many like jocky.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Thehateful180 wrote:I have extreme doubts that the Mensur miracle can continue for long. The tekkers is appalling. Players with dodgy actions can burn brightly, but they never do so for very long.

Except he has maintained this level for many years, he just didn't play the tour until fairly recently.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

Rout wrote:

Very true. Something that really bugs me when I hear it from know it all pub chuckers is the fallacy that *you have to find what's comfortable for you*. That attitude makes players reluctant to change technique however flawed their own may be.

You have to find what works and make it comfortable for you.
Duneh9617
Steady Sixties

Post by Duneh9617 »

Suljovic has been a top player for more than a decade now, he just plays the full tour since 2015, and the continuous competiting on the highest level has brought out his full potential. I think he will only improve from here on and will probably even win a major. Might be this week. However, that he will play Premier League next year is a certainty. No doubt whatsoever.
Duneh9617
Steady Sixties

Post by Duneh9617 »

Thehateful180 wrote:
Rout wrote:

Very true. Something that really bugs me when I hear it from know it all pub chuckers is the fallacy that *you have to find what's comfortable for you*. That attitude makes players reluctant to change technique however flawed their own may be.

Pure nonsense rally. Different styles work for different players. Phil Taylor and Eric Bristow don't have the most natural styles do they? Still they are two of the biggest legends the game has seen. Odd styles can belog to the very best players. No theory can predict this.
Chizzyfan
County Player

Post by Chizzyfan »

phil davies wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Ginge wrote:Cant see him getting in the PL though unless he is ranked 4th or above by the cutoff, mind.
Burton's numbers show that if Mensur wins tonight he would overtake Chizzy in the race for an automatic PL place.
Lets be honest him overtaking Chizzy after the worlds may aswell be a certanty as he is going to win a fair amount more money in the rest of this year than Chizzy is.
:DDD: Quoted for future reference. Silly comment.
Chizzyesque
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

Duneh9617 wrote:
Thehateful180 wrote:
Rout wrote:

Pure nonsense rally. Different styles work for different players. Phil Taylor and Eric Bristow don't have the most natural styles do they? Still they are two of the biggest legends the game has seen. Odd styles can belog to the very best players. No theory can predict this.
Players can succeed with odd styles. I would argue that it is despite rather than because of it though. It stands to reason that a solid, fairly basic repeatable action is more likely to succeed.

Phil Taylor may not have a natural action but it all comes out in a nice straight line. It's repeatable and works. Once you start adding a shedload of movement then it it automatically becomes less repeatable. Alan Norris has a lot of movement in his throw and his hot and cold performances show that when he is in rhythm he gets away with it, when he isn't he doesn't.

There is obviously a risk in chasing perfection as Eric found out, but good basics are an essential foundation.
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Suljovic

Post by Rout »

phil davies wrote:
Rout wrote:

Their is a big difference between Mensur and those mentioned above being that Mensur is far superior to them all and by quite some distance. Can't only see him rising further up the OOM and staying in the top 16 for a long long time as long as he stays healthy.
I don't think you can say mensur is far supior than Hamilton was in his prime.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

I think pdl should be top 6 ranked anyway and then 2 sky picks 2 pdc picks anyway way gurney playing he had to be a shout

Mensour is defending a run to the semis at the wgp he played a great game tonight and if has another good tv run or wins a euro tour he deserves a crack at the pdl
MrLil8
Pub Champion

Post by MrLil8 »

Ginge wrote:Cant see him getting in the PL though unless he is ranked 4th or above by the cutoff, mind.
He's rejected the Premier League once, and apparently they won't ask him again. Stalemate.

Cited travelling and being away from family as the problem.
skweezit
The Ton Club

Post by skweezit »

I enjoyed that interview.
Mensur has been one of my favorite shooters for some time.
I was thrilled when he finally made the decision to give the tour a full go
and he has delivered.

it will not surprise me in the least if he does the PL next year.
he's been getting his ducks in a row to do it.

sped up his approach to the board.
starting to do the interviews (the English ones)
sold his business. (the gentle café, now called the Sherlock owned by rj rodriguez)

pure PL premature speculation:
In
Mensur Suljovic
Daryl Gurney
Gerwyn Price

out
Kim Huybrechts
Jelle Klaasen
Phil Taylor
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Gerwyn Price shouldn't be anywhere near a PL place.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:Gerwyn Price shouldn't be anywhere near a PL place.
Neither should James Wade.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:Gerwyn Price shouldn't be anywhere near a PL place.
Neither should James Wade.
Level with Klaasen for 9th place in the OOM.
Agreed.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

MrLil8 wrote:
He's rejected the Premier League once, and apparently they won't ask him again. Stalemate.

Cited travelling and being away from family as the problem.
He retracted that, said he didn't mean it the way it sounded and he would play PL if asked.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Duneh9617
Steady Sixties

Post by Duneh9617 »

Certainty:
MVG
G. Anderson
Wright
van Barneveld
A. Lewis

High probability:
Wade
Chisnall
Gurney
Suljovic

Realistic options:
M. Smith
Price

Still in with some hope:
Cullen
Norris
Klaasen
van de Pas
Huybrechts
Whitlock
Last edited by Duneh9617 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Duneh9617 wrote:Certainty:
MVG
G. Anderson
Wright
van Barneveld
A. Lewis

High probability:
Wade
Chisnall
Gurney
Suljovic

Realistic options:
M. Smith
Price

Still in with some hope:
Cullen
Norris
Klaasen
van de Pas
Huybrechts
Has Taylor said he's not playing in it any more for definate?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

MVG is doing fine.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

I thought Taylor was finishing off his career in the PL next season ??