Will Ross accept an invite to the Grand Slam of darts?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here

Will Ross accept an invite to the Grand Slam of darts?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 35

GtotheF
International

Re: Will Ross accept an invite to the Grand Slam of darts?

Post by GtotheF »

Hope he does.

Will make the comp more authentic and no reason why he can't rack up a couple of w's.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

White lines?
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Rout wrote:Adams was very clear, his loyalty was with the bdo. He had played pdc comps in the past but had been told he was banned. Early slams also had clashes. Once the bdo endorsed the gsod competition and became an official part of it, he was happy to play and does so in great spirit, with a smile on his face and embracing the competition and occasion.

His loyalty might be something people don't understand but there was no u turn or change in principles.
Nail on head.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

dartsfacts wrote:So what was McLoyaltys replay on Egertons fanatic site?
He just said tsod must be bored to discuss this subject.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

So he hasnt made his mind up
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

Has it been deleted already?
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

dartsfacts wrote:Has it been deleted already?
the post I made asked the question of ross but also mentioned Lisa Ashton. Got a few comments. (got to say original fanatics has hardly any discussions at the moment). Ross himself replied but didn't complain about the thread.

Then a prominent poster from here then posted that my thread was basically a 'trolling post' (guess he was trying to 'protect' original fanatics, or warn them? :IIII: ). Steve Egerton agreed. So I deleted the thread. If the admin there don't want discussion, their choice. Made it clear I was asking for TSOD, so was very open.

Didn't realise we had Steve E's sidekick on here :grin: .
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Fanatics is there to post terrible flyers for events these days. And wish happy birthday to random darters. Did enjoy that the best/first picture of Casey Gallagher SE could find yesterday was one with her back to camera. Still. someone might buy a shirt or wear a badge on stage, so all is OK.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:
the post I made asked the question of ross but also mentioned Lisa Ashton. Got a few comments. (got to say original fanatics has hardly any discussions at the moment). Ross himself replied but didn't complain about the thread.

Then a prominent poster from here then posted that my thread was basically a 'trolling post' (guess he was trying to 'protect' original fanatics, or warn them? :IIII: ). Steve Egerton agreed. So I deleted the thread. If the admin there don't want discussion, their choice. Made it clear I was asking for TSOD, so was very open.

I was replying to Ross, it's not all about you Marvin.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ah,the old trolling post nonsense.
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

devosteve wrote:

Original fanatics is now mostly Egerton posting results from Opens, flyers for BDO comps and wishing players happy birthday. Real fanatics has smashed it out of the ball park.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ifm wrote:
devosteve wrote:

hmmm. So Steve E clicked like on a post saying Ross was trolling?
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

dartsfacts wrote:
devosteve wrote:

Original fanatics is now mostly Egerton posting results from Opens, flyers for BDO comps and wishing players happy birthday. Real fanatics has smashed it out of the ball park.
True. I do wonder if Steve E looks at the page he set up and considers that once it was very successful with much discussion. He gave in to whoever was asking him to delete many discussion threads with the result that real fanatics was set up.

Adverts and happy birthdays with results from comps (which hardly anyone makes discussion). That's about it. But at least the 'trolling' has been stamped out.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

The poll result is quite clear that people think Ross should accept any invite to the GSoD, I hope he does maybe the round robin and professional set up are right up his street. he's apparantly been thinking about going PDC so this will show him if he can compete and what the conditions are like, go for it imo.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

nikkiboy wrote:The poll result is quite clear that people think Ross should accept any invite to the GSoD, I hope he does maybe the round robin and professional set up are right up his street. he's apparantly been thinking about going PDC so this will show him if he can compete and what the conditions are like, go for it imo.
I thought the poll was will he accept not should he accept?

some might think he will but he shouldn't, some he won't but he should.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:
ifm wrote:
devosteve wrote:

hmmm. So Steve E clicked like on a post saying Ross was trolling?
Eh?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

devosteve wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:The poll result is quite clear that people think Ross should accept any invite to the GSoD, I hope he does maybe the round robin and professional set up are right up his street. he's apparantly been thinking about going PDC so this will show him if he can compete and what the conditions are like, go for it imo.

OK then we think he WILL accept :whatever
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

nikkiboy wrote:
devosteve wrote:

OK then we think he WILL take the PDC coin :whatever
Fixed
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

McLoyalty would get the 3rd biggest payday of his career for losing all his matches and finishing bottom of the group.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

dartsfacts wrote:McLoyalty would get the 3rd biggest payday of his career for losing all his matches and finishing bottom of the group.
Then he should definately accept.