Will Ross accept an invite to the Grand Slam of darts?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 35

MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

If Ross finishes high enough in the table (top 5 not already qualified players) will he accept the invite?
BlueSpark
International

Re: Will Ross accept an invite to the Grand Slam of darts?

Post by BlueSpark »

Bills need paid
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

"Don't get me started on this one"
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Minimum 6 or 10k? too right he'll accept and play
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Last edited by devosteve on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

devosteve wrote:I'll ask him on original fanatics.
Ask him how he feels about denying loyal PDC players ranking money whilst you're at it.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Life does change. We all change our minds on things.

so surely if Ross did accept, it may be because we are in a different 'darting world' these days. Why would he deny himself a few grand because in the past he indicated he wouldn't accept.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

devosteve wrote:Life does change. We all change our minds on things.

so surely if Ross did accept, it may be because we are in a different 'darting world' these days. Why would he deny himself a few grand because in the past he indicated he wouldn't accept.
Funny how this "different darting world" suddenly transpires when a cheque with Barry Hearns signature on it appears.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

dartsfacts wrote:
devosteve wrote:Life does change. We all change our minds on things.

Funny how this "different darting world" suddenly transpires when a cheque with Barry Hearns signature on it appears.

After years of having a go at the PDC I am sure he wont accept the PDC coin , and be the man of principle he is like Martin Adams

oh wait...............
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Gaz has to bring the great man wolfie into it.

Ross will accept then keep up his 100% winning record vs Anderson ;)
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

He shouldn't accept because of what he has said in the past, he should stick to his principles.
But principles don't pay the bills and so I think he will play, as I probably would to. He knows Adams did it so he can convince himself he is just doing the same and representing the BDO.
Incredible Justine
Steady Sixties

Post by Incredible Justine »

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroutttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

I still giggle that Adams was a "spineless coward" for years and now he's vilified for lack of principles, the Garry mind is funny :-)

On a serious note though, Adams was in a financial position to be able to stick two public fingers up to the pdc for all those years, i'm not sure if Monty is.
At the end of the day the decision will have to be made sensibly, i do hope stubbornness comes into it.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
chateauman
Steady Sixties

Post by chateauman »

I am sure we have all said we won't do something but over time our attitudes mellow and we change our minds. It doesn't mean either Ross or Martin lack principals IMO, there are more important things in life that determine our character.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Unfortunately for Ross, it's easy to be a man of principle when the decision isn't yours to make. For years he's been very loud in his proclamations of BDO loyalty, and his dislike of the PDC, safe in the knowledge he wasn't going to get anywhere near the Grand Slam.
Now, for the first time, it looks like someone is going to have a go at putting a price on his principles. Whilst it will be interesting to see which way he jumps, he's pretty much in a no win situation. He'll either be castigated as a sell-out whose hatred of the PDC can be bought off (and relatively cheaply at that), or he'll be labelled a stubborn fool for turning down an easy payday.
But you can't help thinking he's unnecessarily brought it all on himself with his years of noisy posturing.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Adams was very clear, his loyalty was with the bdo. He had played pdc comps in the past but had been told he was banned. Early slams also had clashes. Once the bdo endorsed the gsod competition and became an official part of it, he was happy to play and does so in great spirit, with a smile on his face and embracing the competition and occasion.

His loyalty might be something people don't understand but there was no u turn or change in principles.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Rout wrote:Adams was very clear, his loyalty was with the bdo. He had played pdc comps in the past but had been told he was banned. Early slams also had clashes. Once the bdo endorsed the gsod competition and became an official part of it, he was happy to play and does so in great spirit, with a smile on his face and embracing the competition and occasion.

His loyalty might be something people don't understand but there was no u turn or change in principles.
Could not agree more with the above post.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:Unfortunately for Ross, it's easy to be a man of principle when the decision isn't yours to make. For years he's been very loud in his proclamations of BDO loyalty, and his dislike of the PDC, safe in the knowledge he wasn't going to get anywhere near the Grand Slam.
Now, for the first time, it looks like someone is going to have a go at putting a price on his principles. Whilst it will be interesting to see which way he jumps, he's pretty much in a no win situation. He'll either be castigated as a sell-out whose hatred of the PDC can be bought off (and relatively cheaply at that), or he'll be labelled a stubborn fool for turning down an easy payday.
But you can't help thinking he's unnecessarily brought it all on himself with his years of noisy posturing.
Has he?
His stance as far as i've ever seen is that players should choose an org and stick to it, i've not seen or heard what you claim though i'm not saying it isn't the case.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

ifm wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:Unfortunately for Ross, it's easy to be a man of principle when the decision isn't yours to make. For years he's been very loud in his proclamations of BDO loyalty, and his dislike of the PDC, safe in the knowledge he wasn't going to get anywhere near the Grand Slam.
Has he?
His stance as far as i've ever seen is that players should choose an org and stick to it, i've not seen or heard what you claim though i'm not saying it isn't the case.
OK fair enough, maybe "dislike of the PDC" would have been better phrased along the lines of Ross wanting nothing to do with the PDC, but it doesn't alter the overall point I was making
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

phil davies wrote:Hope he does just so we can see him get smashed.
You are Tommy Cox and I claim my Twenty quid :grin: