Booji Boy
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Jacklin - Empire building

Post by Booji Boy »

ifm wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
ifm wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:I am genuinely curious, how far would someone have to go before you reacted?
I honestly believe a man should defend his wife/girlfriend when she is subject to wonderful abuse by idiots on forums and social media and in person, where do you draw the line?
I don't agree with the things that happened but I do understand them, it was pretty obvious that it would get worse or carry on and looking around this place it has indeed, backed up by the mods too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I neither condone nor defend any personal insults against any poster's family members reprehensible, and frankly consider people who are cowardly enough to exhibit this form of behaviour from behind a keyboard, whilst hiding their identities as reptiles of the highest order.

That being said, when you are in an executive position in any business organisation, your conduct should reflect the seniority of your position, and in that role, your behaviour should reflect the position you hold, and your primary obligation is to uphold the reputation of the business you represent.

Their is a vast difference between being a Senior executive and a keyboard warrior, and if you lower yourself to the standards of the latter, you have no right to continue your tenure as the face and representation of that business.

For me, a prime example of an executive who conducts himself in an exemplary manner whilst dealing with the critics of both himself and his business is Ed Lowy who comes on the forum and answers every question like a Senior Executive should.

If ever Edward came on here and conducted himself like the members of the BDO board, I would be equally as critical, but we all know that would never happen as he would never conduct himself in a manner that would reflect badly on his business. That's what professional business people do.
He does not run Toyota lol, in fact he had nothing to do with the bdo at the time, i don't think he has done anything since taking on his role aside from his job, my point is he had reason for coming on here and angrily ranting after the abuse his wife took, I also said I did not condone it, I just understand that a guy can get angry when his wife is attacked.
My main point is that it has never stopped, every thread on here has a dig at either him, TT or Paul.
I get your Mr Lowy point but then I haven't seen anyone post wonderful things about his wife's appearance so cannot be sure he would react the same way as if someone said a dartboard was rubbish.

Was his wife attacked on here and if so were the posts allowed to remain unedited?

If you hate this place so much why do you not just leave? You contribute nothing but moaning and never get involved in actual discussions about relevant topics.
Bore off

Typical response from you.

Unable to answer a straight question.
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: Jacklin - Empire building

Post by ifm »

nikkiboy wrote:"The Press"
Ok then I'll use the terminology of the guy that mentioned it, "the papers", better?

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: Jacklin - Empire building

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ifm wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
TheSandman wrote:ex burnley now watford striker andre gray was suspended and fined last season after homophobic tweets popped up from 4 years earlier while he was playing non league football.

how des jacklin is in any position of power on the bdo board is just another black mark on the williams duo disastrous reign in charge

its not like no one knows of his conduct on social media
The previous actions of the board members show how little the media care about the bdo at the minute

If anyone in the pdc did what they did the papers would have a field day about it with the mock outrage.
They weren't bothered about Tommy Cox's social media ramblings........

I don't remember Tommy cox turning up at people's houses and threatening them or telling someone with cancer they hope his treatment doesn't work infront of a 100 people.

Look at what they media did with Bristow, if they even slightly cared about the bdo they would have started some serious mock outrage at the board
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
ifm wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
TheSandman wrote:ex burnley now watford striker andre gray was suspended and fined last season after homophobic tweets popped up from 4 years earlier while he was playing non league football.

how des jacklin is in any position of power on the bdo board is just another black mark on the williams duo disastrous reign in charge

The previous actions of the board members show how little the media care about the bdo at the minute

If anyone in the pdc did what they did the papers would have a field day about it with the mock outrage.

I don't remember Tommy cox turning up at people's houses and threatening them or telling someone with cancer they hope his treatment doesn't work infront of a 100 people.

Look at what they media did with Bristow, if they even slightly cared about the bdo they would have started some serious mock outrage at the board
Bristow got the attention because of I'm a celebrity lol, if you think that was because he spots for the pdc then you are being fanciful.

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

"Attention all players this weekend in Sweden , should anyone need to speak to me, I will be around and about the venue Friday evening from 6pm onwards, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday morning from 10am.

Good luck to all.

Des."

He's getting his shopping done early on Saturday then?
Big Jock Knew
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Ginge wrote:"Attention all players this weekend in Sweden , should anyone need to speak to me, I will be around and about the venue Friday evening from 6pm onwards, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday morning from 10am.

Good luck to all.

Des."

Getting that baccy priced up ;-)
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote:"Attention all players this weekend in Sweden , should anyone need to speak to me, I will be around and about the venue Friday evening from 6pm onwards, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday morning from 10am.

Good luck to all.

Des."

Yes
IMG_0226.PNG
IMG_0226.PNG (204.15 KiB) Viewed 1377 times
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

:D
Big Jock Knew
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ecky Thump wrote:Look can everyone stop with the lame humour attempts, after his past comments, on this site and other places he should not be on the board. The fact he is and it seems to have been accepted with a ho hum is disappointing to say the least.
Never heard you so passionate fella,
Feel very strongly about this. To appoint him to the BDO board after his past behaviour is close to akin to if the PDC released a statement saying DBG was being appointed to their board. Then again nothing surprises me about the BDO anymore.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Does des represent all players or just the British? Serious question.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ecky Thump wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ecky Thump wrote:Look can everyone stop with the lame humour attempts, after his past comments, on this site and other places he should not be on the board. The fact he is and it seems to have been accepted with a ho hum is disappointing to say the least.
Feel very strongly about this. To appoint him to the BDO board after his past behaviour is close to akin to if the PDC released a statement saying DBG was being appointed to their board. Then again nothing surprises me about the BDO anymore.
It's incredible really ecky. It seems folks don't care.

has there been any descent from any quarters?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

devosteve wrote:
Ecky Thump wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

On the surface, very little.
On here ostensibly pro BDO posters such as IFM, Paddy seem to see it as a good thing andeven Oche and WCDPA seem at worst ambivalent to his appointment. Such apathy shows why the BDO is dying a slow painful death in my honest opinion .
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ifm wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
ifm wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Bristow got the attention because of I'm a celebrity lol, if you think that was because he spots for the pdc then you are being fanciful.

So what about

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/others ... otage.html
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

devosteve wrote:

A more terrifying thought is perhaps everyone involved in the amateur side of the game thinks he is the best person for the job ....
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Good luck to all.

Des."

And the only reply to this so far?

"Say I hope if Phil Taylor my Idol is playing have a great Weekend And a great darts tournament from a number one fan of Phil the Power Taylor and ask him if he is on Facebook"

:D
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

el_ringo wrote:
devosteve wrote:

A more terrifying thought is perhaps everyone involved in the amateur side of the game thinks he is the best person for the job ....
Surely the fact that just under half the counties didn't vote for him makes that suggestion a non starter?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

devosteve wrote:
Ecky Thump wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

That would be a climb down Devo :)
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Rout wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
devosteve wrote:

Surely the fact that just under half the counties didn't vote for him makes that suggestion a non starter?

Well the majority of the amateur side of the game obviously think he is the best person for the position then and as his election was a democratic process its fair to say now the amateur side of the game consider he was the best person for the job.

I think you will find with Brexit its always referred to as the UK voted to the leave the EEC no that just over 1/2 the people who bothered to vote did so I believe my question is fair and correct.
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Jacklin - Empire building

Post by Rout »

el_ringo wrote:
Rout wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
devosteve wrote:

Well the majority of the amateur side of the game obviously think he is the best person for the position then and as his election was a democratic process its fair to say now the amateur side of the game consider he was the best person for the job.

I think you will find with Brexit its always referred to as the UK voted to the leave the EEC no that just over 1/2 the people who bothered to vote did so I believe my question is fair and correct.
Well you said that everyone on the amateur side of the game thinks he is the best person for the position.

I'd say the fact that quite a lot of counties did not vote for him when asked immediately proves that wrong. Unless I have been misinformed from a young age what "everyone" means.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Rout being pedantic again.