Jacklin - Empire building

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Serpo
Brass Darts

Jacklin - Empire building

Post by Serpo »

So Des has appointed Jeff Smith as players rep for Canada and is also going to have a players rep in the USA and Australia etc. Thought he was on the board of the BDO not the WDF? Appointing who he wants with the players having no say whatsoever, democracy at its finest.
ChrisW
International

Re: Jacklin - Empire building

Post by ChrisW »

Jeff Smith does a great job promoting darts.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Serpo wrote:So Des has appointed Jeff Smith as players rep for Canada and is also going to have a players rep in the USA and Australia etc. Thought he was on the board of the BDO not the WDF? Appointing who he wants with the players having no say whatsoever, democracy at its finest.
One would assume that it only applies to events where BDO points are on offer, seems sensible to me tbh.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

nikkiboy wrote:
Serpo wrote:So Des has appointed Jeff Smith as players rep for Canada and is also going to have a players rep in the USA and Australia etc. Thought he was on the board of the BDO not the WDF? Appointing who he wants with the players having no say whatsoever, democracy at its finest.
One would assume that it only applies to events where BDO points are on offer, seems sensible to me tbh.

I look forward to the reports of him strutting around at the EDO events then, looking over everyones shoulders and making sure Tommy is doing the draw correctly :) .... :fishing :fishing
Serpo
Brass Darts

Post by Serpo »

Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

I look forward to the reports of him strutting around at the EDO events then, looking over everyones shoulders and making sure Tommy is doing the draw correctly :) .... :fishing :fishing
England events at Selsey in September should be good. Everything better be in order because Des will not stand for any of Tommy's bullshit.
Serpo
Brass Darts

Post by Serpo »

ChrisW wrote:Jeff Smith does a great job promoting darts.
He is not well liked in Canada at all, in fact he is a terrible choice.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Serpo wrote:
Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

England events at Selsey in September should be good. Everything better be in order because Des will not stand for any of Tommy's bullshit.
The man who oversaw the Turkey draw will be overseeing EDO draws to make sure they're done right, oh the ironing :)
Serpo
Brass Darts

Post by Serpo »

nikkiboy wrote:
Serpo wrote:
Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

The man who oversaw the Turkey draw will be overseeing EDO draws to make sure they're done right, oh the ironing :)
Des Jacklins appointment is great news for forums that's for sure.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Des is going to make the BDO is his own image. The glory days will return
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Des is going to make the BDO is his own image. The glory days will return
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Serpo wrote:
Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

The Selsey events are normally run very well, why would Des be overseeing the EDO draw?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

nikkiboy wrote:
Serpo wrote:
Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Englands draw will list seeds and alpha lists on the day stated , will allow 24 hours for Des and anyone else interested to study for omissions or mistakes , then draw will be done .
All we hope for then is BDO website doesn't then update rankings incorrectly as it happens then updates them correctly in the same day .
In their defence this was when David Ballantine was handing over the running of the tables , someone updated table but didn't take off last seasons event , but David and his successor sorted out .
David Ballantine is a great addition to the EDO and with Dawn Speed do the England rankings .
Last edited by WCDPA on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

WCDPA wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Serpo wrote:
Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: One would assume that it only applies to events where BDO points are on offer, seems sensible to me tbh.

Englands draw will list seeds and alpha lists on the day stated , will allow 24 hours for Des and anyone else interested to study for omissions or mistakes , then draw will be done .
All we hope for then is BDO website doesn't then update seedings incorrectly as it happens then updates them correctly in the same day .
In their defence this was when David Ballantine was handing over the running of the tables , someone updated table but didn't take off last seasons event , but David and his successor sorted out .
David Ballantine is a great addition to the EDO and with Dawn Speed do the England rankings .
You do know my post was ironic Paul?
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

WCDPA wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Serpo wrote:
Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: One would assume that it only applies to events where BDO points are on offer, seems sensible to me tbh.

Englands will list seeds and alpha lists on the day stated , will allow 24 hours for Des and anyone else interested to study for omissions or mistakes , then draw will be done .
All we hope for then is BDO website doesn't then update rankings incorrectly as it happens then updates them correctly in the same day .
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Why do the EDO have rankings when they make no difference to the selection of the England side ?

or do they ?
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

el_ringo wrote:Why do the EDO have rankings when they make no difference to the selection of the England side ?

or do they ?
I know theres at least one tournament that uses England rankings to determine who qualifies.

Think its called the EDO matchplay and for the top 8. Not 100% but something like that.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Serpo
Brass Darts

Post by Serpo »

EDO ranking are a load of old bollocks. Another Tommy Thompson vanity project.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Rout wrote:
el_ringo wrote:Why do the EDO have rankings when they make no difference to the selection of the England side ?

or do they ?
I know theres at least one tournament that uses England rankings to determine who qualifies.

Think its called the EDO matchplay and for the top 8. Not 100% but something like that.

What does the EDO / BDO side of the game have most of ranking tables ? or committees ?
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

el_ringo wrote:
Rout wrote:

or do they ?

What does the EDO / BDO side of the game have most of ranking tables ? or committees ?
Well it isn't money is it.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Rout wrote:

or do they ?

Correct Routy winners of IOM open , 4 ranked Selsey opens then go down rankings until you have 8 men 8 women they are invited to the event , if they don't accept you go down the England rankings .