Taylor embarrassing himself

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Rout
International

Taylor embarrassing himself

Post by Rout »

I know this has been mentioned on the world series thread but I think it deserves it's own

If you haven't seen this yet watch from around 7-6 onwards till the end.

Taylor is meant to be a role model in this game. This is a young lad who is one of the best prospects around, who probably grew up idolising Taylor

Even after he tried to explain why he does it (because of the heat) Taylor carried on.

No doubt the DRA will have forgotten to set this to record.

"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Murphio
International

Re: Taylor embarrasing himself

Post by Murphio »

The man is an utter tit. Greatest ever but a tit all the same.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

It was petulant and pathetic.
Been his hallmark recently, if he can't handle it just fuck off now.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Fair play to cadby for managing to not let it get under his skin and for still offering a handshake at the end. He's a bigger man than me (in more ways than one)

He masks these behaviours by pretending he's communicating directly with individuals in the crowd to justify it.

A horrible slug of a man.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
PT13
Pub Champion

Post by PT13 »

Taylor is an expert at winning. You don't become a winner by being the best at diplomacy. A lot of players are going to try getting under Cadby's skin while he does his "c'mons" every other throw, so he had better be prepared to take stick himself, or he'll be another Huybrechts. I like Cadby, so I hope he carries on, but an aggressive on oche approach means that he is going to have to deal with players trying to get under his skin. If he can't take that, then he needs to tone it all down, because you can't have it both ways. During matches, it's war up there.

These people who go on about "role models" expect famous people on TV to be saints. Well, newsflash, everyone is flawed, even the so-called "role models".
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: Taylor embarrasing himself

Post by Rout »

PT13 wrote:Taylor is an expert at winning. You don't become a winner by being the best at diplomacy. A lot of players are going to try getting under Cadby's skin while he does his "c'mons" every other throw, so he had better be prepared to take stick himself, or he'll be another Huybrechts. I like Cadby, so I hope he carries on, but an aggressive on oche approach means that he is going to have to deal with players trying to get under his skin. If he can't take that, then he needs to tone it all down, because you can't have it both ways. During matches, it's war up there.

These people who go on about "role models" expect famous people on TV to be saints. Well, newsflash, everyone is flawed, even the so-called "role models".
He was trying to humiliate the 'home' player in front of his own fans. Because he's got hot and his shirt is sticking to him. He clearly asked him to stop and he got worse.

The only person he put off was himself. It's an exbo aimed at globalising the game and this is Taylors final year. He's an absolutely dreadful ambassador for darts

I don't really get your point about cadby being unable to take it. He handled it perfectly and only one player looked 'professional' up there and that was the winner.
Last edited by Rout on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

If Cadby thinks shouting "come on" and being over-the-top is acceptable, then he will get this reaction from lots of players, albeit not as openly. Look at Alan Norris to Kim Huybrechts at the World Matchplay....
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

WizardofozFan wrote:If Cadby thinks shouting "come on" and being over-the-top is acceptable, then he will get this reaction from lots of players, albeit not as openly. Look at Alan Norris to Kim Huybrechts at the World Matchplay....
He was absolutely trollied lol, i don't think a wankered drunk dart player is capable of mind games :DDD:
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Bram_1900
County Player

Post by Bram_1900 »

WizardofozFan wrote:If Cadby thinks shouting "come on" and being over-the-top is acceptable, then he will get this reaction from lots of players, albeit not as openly. Look at Alan Norris to Kim Huybrechts at the World Matchplay....
Nonsense. Most of the players are celebrating like that these days. There is no single justification for this behavior by Taylor. He's just an old fool who should be taken off the stage. The most embarrassing thing for the Cadby was that they started laughing and singing to Taylor. The crowd embarrassed itself as well there.

I hope Cadby afterwards scolded Taylor for the way he treated him.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Cadby did nothing out of the ordinary that he would not have done against anyone else.
Had he done something to Taylor that he wouldn't have done to anyone else, then fair enough.
No need for Taylor to moan and act like a child during the game, he was under the cosh and couldn't handle it.
PT13
Pub Champion

Post by PT13 »

Rout wrote:He was trying to humiliate the 'home' player in front of his own fans. Because he's got hot and his shirt is sticking to him. He clearly asked him to stop and he got worse.

The only person he put off was himself. It's an exbo aimed at globalising the game and this is Taylors final year. He's an absolutely dreadful ambassador for darts

I don't really get your point about cadby being unable to take it. He handled it perfectly and only one player looked 'professional' up there and that was the winner.
Did I say that Cadby was unable to take it? He beat Taylor, didn't he? He took it and won. I'm talking about the future. Cadby's aggressive on oche attitude means that he is going to find his opponents trying to get under his skin, so he has to expect that and deal with it.

And Rout, do you seriously think that Taylor's rivals over the years haven't tried every trick in the book to put him off? Let me give you an example. I remember the 2003 World Championship at the Circus Tavern, and it felt like a lot of the players were ganging up on Taylor from early in the tournament, with Wayne Mardle saying that Phil Taylor doesn't come into the equation if he (Wayne) plays his best game. Jamie Harvey even saw a potential weakness in Taylor dying his hair blond and wearing an earring. Alan Warriner was doing his best impressions of Muhammad Ali, saying that he was going to knock Taylor out, even hinting at a physical knockout. No wonder they were ganging up on Taylor, because Taylor was a 10-time world champion having won the last 8 in a row, and had won all 4 PDC TV majors in 2002 including a £100,000 prize for a live televised 9-dart finish. A lot of the other players were sick to death of him winning. In the end, John Part beat Taylor in the final, and Taylor still gave a jibe at Warriner at the end saying "John Part has done something that Alan Warriner could never do".
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

PT13 wrote:
Rout wrote:He was trying to humiliate the 'home' player in front of his own fans. Because he's got hot and his shirt is sticking to him. He clearly asked him to stop and he got worse.

Did I say that Cadby was unable to take it? He beat Taylor, didn't he? He took it and won. I'm talking about the future. Cadby's aggressive on oche attitude means that he is going to find his opponents trying to get under his skin, so he has to expect that and deal with it.

And Rout, do you seriously think that Taylor's rivals over the years haven't tried every trick in the book to put him off? Let me give you an example. I remember the 2003 World Championship at the Circus Tavern, and it felt like a lot of the players were ganging up on Taylor from early in the tournament, with Wayne Mardle saying that Phil Taylor doesn't come into the equation if he (Wayne) plays his best game. Jamie Harvey even saw a potential weakness in Taylor dying his hair blond and wearing an earring. Alan Warriner was doing his best impressions of Muhammad Ali, saying that he was going to knock Taylor out, even hinting at a physical knockout. No wonder they were ganging up on Taylor, because Taylor was a 10-time world champion having won the last 8 in a row, and had won all 4 PDC TV majors in 2002 including a £100,000 prize for a live televised 9-dart finish. A lot of the other players were sick to death of him winning. In the end, John Part beat Taylor in the final, and Taylor still gave a jibe at Warriner at the end saying "John Part has done something that Alan Warriner could never do".
we know you love him but the man is wonderful, his onstage antics are nothing compared to how he is off it, but hey, some can see no wrong.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Taylor embarrasing himself

Post by Rout »

PT13 wrote:

With greater success and greater reward comes greater responsibility. If Usain Bolt farts it's more newsworthy than anyone else breaking a world record. Same in any sport. Taylor has done very very well off the game of darts and he has to respect his stature in the game when doing things like pretending to wipe his arse with his opponents towel and mocking him for being sweaty.

These world series events are designed to spread the word and encourage the possibility of lesser players beating the stars. Which is exactly what cadby has done as a young, up and coming player with a bright future.

Taylor should be standing their and applauding and admiring a kid that age having the balls to pull off a performance like that and let the lad enjoy the experience. Instead, he does what he always does and has to make it about him, him, him with his pathetic behaviour.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
GRAYISALEGEND
County Player

Post by GRAYISALEGEND »

I'm watching it now and its same old Taylor - Ok for people to do it when hes winning but not other way around
I find a wee hyprocritical imo
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

GRAYISALEGEND wrote:I'm watching it now and its same old Taylor - Ok for people to do it when hes winning but not other way around
I find a wee hyprocritical imo
Can you name another player that did the bum thing with an opponent's towel?
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

People will take out whatever suits their agenda from that.For me Cadby is unlikeable and a typical young Aussie gobber .Over aggressive and reminds me of millie tant from Viz.He won and that's all that matters in real terms
PT13
Pub Champion

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Taylor embarrasing himself

Post by PT13 »

I've watched it, and I don't see what the fuss was about.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

The fuss is someone can have a pop at Taylor/pdc again
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

What were the odds on Rout stating yet another I hate Taylor/ PDC/ Barry Hearn type thread

You swear Taylor did not history for this type of behavior, its hardly new, but hey, why let it get in the way of another reason to moan about something we all knew anyway.
Had this happened in the bdo we would be told it is all part of the game, you would see it down the pub etc, and sure enough you would.
If the PDC tried to pretend it did not happen REout would be the first to moan they were trying to cover it up.

I think Taylor is a dick, but at the same time I enjoy that sort of stuff during games, but will be accused of being a fanboy for dating to enjoy it
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

The highlight for me was at 8/7 in legs, Taylor was taking the piss at the start of leg 16, then weighed in consecutive scores of 29 and 46.
Fair play to the Aussie hoodlum, he didn't let any of it get to him, just made Taylor look a petulant prick. Fast becoming one of my favourite players.