Taylor embarrassing himself

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: Taylor embarrassing himself

Post by Rout »

callataxi wrote:Hard to imagine a more unlikeable player on the oche than taylor.
Constant dirty looks to many players, various antics in close run affairs.
His interviews over the years often very patronising to his rivals and even though sky would probably love him to stay
in the game as maybe an occcasional pundit, hard to see how that would be possible.
How he could hold a proper conversation without going off track and probably talking about himself or some situation not relevant
to upcoming match would make it ridiculous .
He's definitely going to be a sky pundit and he's definitely going to be unwatchable doing it.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
devosteve
International

Re: Taylor embarrassing himself

Post by devosteve »

I hope not. Unless he changes his attitude when he retires he'll just get on my nerves.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

He's a knob jockey no doubt about that......an embarrassment to the game.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Taylor showed himself after the phantom double incident.
callataxi
Pub Champion

Post by callataxi »

Rout wrote:
callataxi wrote:Hard to imagine a more unlikeable player on the oche than taylor.
His interviews over the years often very patronising to his rivals and even though sky would probably love him to stay
in the game as maybe an occcasional pundit, hard to see how that would be possible.
How he could hold a proper conversation without going off track and probably talking about himself or some situation not relevant
He's definitely going to be a sky pundit and he's definitely going to be unwatchable doing it.

Well I pretty much guarantee he won't be a pundit, barely any room as it is, plus he wouldn't be capable.
He may make an occasional appearance, but that's it.
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Taylor embarrassing himself

Post by Rout »

callataxi wrote:
Rout wrote:

Well I pretty much guarantee he won't be a pundit, barely any room as it is, plus he wouldn't be capable.
He may make an occasional appearance, but that's it.
It's guesswork so we shall see. But I'd be amazed if he didn't do most of the big sky comps as a studio pundit and commentator.

Loves talking. Loves talking about himself. Loves patronising others. Sky love him. He loves money so will happily get paid for talking crap for a bit.

I can't see anyway it won't happen tbh. I hope I'm wrong.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

who cares, you dont like the PDC anyway and wont watch it...why you care zander ?
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Garry Murphy wrote:who cares, you dont like the PDC anyway and wont watch it...why you care zander ?
Did you care when you were mocking or wishing death on cancer sufferers, lying about what you said, or removing/deleting posts after spending 10 years moaning about overmoderated darts forums?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Taylor embarrassing himself

Post by ifm »

Rout wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:who cares, you dont like the PDC anyway and wont watch it...why you care zander ?
Did you care when you were mocking or wishing death on cancer sufferers, lying about what you said, or removing/deleting posts after spending 10 years moaning about overmoderated darts forums?
:-)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

Do any of the other players actualy like Phil Taylor or are they too scared to have a pop at him?
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Well given he's a long history of being shown favouritism and having the DRA turn a blind eye to half his antics, I can understand why some players can't be bothered to go toe to toe with him. 0-2 down before you start in that battle.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

BOOM wrote:Do any of the other players actualy like Phil Taylor or are they too scared to have a pop at him?
Anderson pretends to like him and always lauds him as the best ever and the young ones will never achieve what he has. However, I am sure this a ploy to annoy MVG.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

The proof will be in what they say once Taylor is no longer there. Wouldn't surprise me if the players basically quit mentioning him altogether.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-yo ... e-40953098

Would be a bit hypocritical if Sky hire Taylor...
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Ginge wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-yo ... e-40953098

Would be a bit hypocritical if Sky hire Taylor...
He's done punditry for then a few times already either when going out early or not qualifying for a comp. So that ship has already sailed
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ever heard of the rehabilitation of offenders act?
I have 4 convictions, but no longer have to declare them when applying for a job, as they are considered spent.
Bit different when you do said criminal act whilst employed.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

BlueSpark wrote:Ever heard of the rehabilitation of offenders act?
I have 4 convictions, but no longer have to declare them when applying for a job, as they are considered spent.
Impressive collection. What were they for?
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Sexual?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Nothing major, as
A) I have a full disclosure of said history and am still cleared to work with children and vulnerable adults
B) I have had extensive criminal checks carried out by my current employer and work in a position requiring high security clearance and they had no bearing on my being offered the position whatsoever.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ifm wrote:
Sexual?
:grin:
It's the length and severity of the sentence that determines the rehabilitation period, not the actual offence.