Potter whacks up ticket prices

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Re: Potter whacks up ticket prices

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

I'm not sure what the issue is here. Potter wants to earn a few extra quid to pay for his tree fine, and he's really got 2 options. He can cut ticket prices in the hope of selling out more sessions, or he can raise prices and assume most of his regulars for this event will absorb the increase in prices, even if it is through gritted teeth. He clearly thinks the latter has much more chance of succeeding than the former, and the chances are he's absolutely spot on about that.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:I'm not sure what the issue is here. Potter wants to earn a few extra quid to pay for his tree fine, and he's really got 2 options. He can cut ticket prices in the hope of selling out more sessions, or he can raise prices and assume most of his regulars for this event will absorb the increase in prices, even if it is through gritted teeth. He clearly thinks the latter has much more chance of succeeding than the former, and the chances are he's absolutely spot on about that.
Of course but surely there will become a point where people will just say "sod it" and stop going.

At least he has only put 50p on the afternoon sessions which dont sell too well anyway, so he isnt totally stupid.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Skating on thin ice raising ticket prices that much.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I dont recall any darts event raising its prices by that much in the space of a year. Final went from £63 to £68 from 2016 to 2017, had he just whacked another fiver on this time around it probably would have been fair enough.

Premium seats seem to have bore the brunt of the raise though. Some increases are more a quarter rather than a fifth.

Whats the betting the number of premium tables will increase this year? It did a couple of years back ;)
Big Jock Knew
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Ginge wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:I'm not sure what the issue is here. Potter wants to earn a few extra quid to pay for his tree fine, and he's really got 2 options. He can cut ticket prices in the hope of selling out more sessions, or he can raise prices and assume most of his regulars for this event will absorb the increase in prices, even if it is through gritted teeth. He clearly thinks the latter has much more chance of succeeding than the former, and the chances are he's absolutely spot on about that.
Of course but surely there will become a point where people will just say "sod it" and stop going.

At least he has only put 50p on the afternoon sessions which dont sell too well anyway, so he isnt totally stupid.
Of course there'll be a tipping point, but when you've got someone on Real Fanatics suggesting a boycott and is told a boycott is a very bad idea as this is the last year of the TV deal and it won't look good to all those TV execs if it's played out to an empty room etc etc you realise that this particular gold mine can withstand a fair bit of drilling yet.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

He's just holding the spectators to ransom.
Scandalous.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Of course there'll be a tipping point, but when you've got someone on Real Fanatics suggesting a boycott and is told a boycott is a very bad idea as this is the last year of the TV deal and it won't look good to all those TV execs if it's played out to an empty room etc etc you realise that this particular gold mine can withstand a fair bit of drilling yet.
Who has said that then?

The BDO will hardly have a queue of TV companies lined up :DDD:

Its either a Channel 4 renewal for another 2 years max or the event is off to BT Sport in its entirety, IMO. Remember Channel 4 wont have F1 from 2019 so will have money to spend, although knowing Channel 4 they will probably spend it all on the Ethnic Disabled Lesbians Kabaddi League.
Big Jock Knew
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Ginge wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Who has said that then?

The BDO will hardly have a queue of TV companies lined up :DDD:

Its either a Channel 4 renewal for another 2 years max or the event is off to BT Sport in its entirety, IMO. Remember Channel 4 wont have F1 from 2019 so will have money to spend, although knowing Channel 4 they will probably spend it all on the Ethnic Disabled Lesbians Kabaddi League.
To be fair, I don't think they were suggesting the TV companies would be queuing round the block to take over from Channel 4, but more that it would put off anyone who did happen to be interested.

Oh, and it was Paul James
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ah :DDD:
Big Jock Knew
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Imagine people walking past Currys, where the tellies are all switched to C4, and just seeing empty seat after empty seat. Bad times.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:I'm going to report him to the disciplinary panel. Gonna let them sort him out
Slaps sort everything out, dont you know that yet.

The bdo should pay me to attend an event,
Could you imagine the demand for tickets to meet me.
Afterall after I get a few slaps things will improve.

Averages would no longer be rubbish and they would improve overnight
The BBC would beg the bdo to show them again on their channel
Paula Jacklin would win miss world
Fans would turn up in droves for tickets
Sponsors would be lining up
Demand for tickets would be through the roof.
No more events recorded on a mobile for a global audience of 280 people on youtube
The comments and threats made by the Disciplinary officer would never have happened.

Thats right giving people a slap solves everything.
You're getting a bit delusional now....people go to Lakeside to watch proper darts and have a craic,
really ?

Is that why not just one but 2 members of the current bdo board threatened a darts fan who attended Lakeside.
Or are you saying that never happened ?
Last edited by Little Lonely Garry on Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: Potter whacks up ticket prices

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

markymark wrote:Imagine people walking past Currys, where the tellies are all switched to C4, and just seeing empty seat after empty seat. Bad times.
Terrible.
UKDA 4 Life
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Garry Murphy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:I'm going to report him to the disciplinary panel. Gonna let them sort him out

No more events recorded on a mobile for a global audience of 280 people on youtube
The comments and threats made by the Disciplinary officer would never have happened.

You're getting a bit delusional now....people go to Lakeside to watch proper darts and have a craic,
really ?

Is that why not just one but 2 members of the current bdo board threatened a darts fan who attended Lakeside.
Some people can't take a little joke.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:Of course there'll be a tipping point, but when you've got someone on Real Fanatics suggesting a boycott and is told a boycott is a very bad idea as this is the last year of the TV deal and it won't look good to all those TV execs if it's played out to an empty room etc etc you realise that this particular gold mine can withstand a fair bit of drilling yet.
Maybe Potter's not too fussed about the TV coverage anymore now that the event has been relegated to not-the-BBC. And hey, from his vantage point: If Lakeside moves to a more obscure channel (especially if pay TV) maybe it'll make people more likely to attend because it's "too hard" to watch on TV for the typical Fanatic then. ;) Might as well see this year how far he can push the prices in order to prepare for that possibility.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Garry Murphy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:

You're getting a bit delusional now....people go to Lakeside to watch proper darts and have a craic, ]
A bit like when you said you never said all those disgraceful things about cancer sufferers? Until col proved you wrong with a long and embarrasing list of quotes?

Like that?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

oh dear.

you might want to learn how to quote
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Garry Murphy wrote:oh dear.

I thought personal abuse wasn't allowed on here?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Rout wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:oh dear.

I thought personal abuse wasn't allowed on here?
I guess it didn't feel that offensive when approved, but now that you have brought it to our attention, it has been edited, and rest assured I will not approve anymore of the poster Garry Murphy's content which contains comments making fun of member's vertical measurement.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Saw this on the RBDOF group.
21032895_1916109125329874_4549454374586144754_n.jpg
21032895_1916109125329874_4549454374586144754_n.jpg (92.5 KiB) Viewed 1544 times
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:Saw this on the RBDOF group.
21032895_1916109125329874_4549454374586144754_n.jpg
Embassy and June.
Big Jock Knew