PDC 2018 Tour Calender

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Bag Carrier
County Player

Re: PDC 2018 Tour Calender

Post by Bag Carrier »

Zeyes wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:I still dont get why Duzza moans about having to do Qschool 5 days after the lakeside final yet didnt have a go at the Challenge tour route. He could be sat with a tour card right now with his mind completely on defending his title.
Especially as he has reduced his playing commitments on the BDO circuit this year and probably would have had enough time...

Maybe saving some holidays till the end of March so can do euro events etc and Q School
JFT97
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Its almost like they are making it up as they go along
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

Rout wrote:Its almost like they are making it up as they go along
At least they are willing to take chances and when a "good idea" is proposed, they are open to a gamble. Look where the BDO are by following there rules and regulations like a health and safety guideline. "BDO klaxon" yadda yadda
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

They should have announced everything in one go though, the dribs and drabs of info does nobody any favours.
Big Jock Knew
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

Ginge wrote:They should have announced everything in one go though, the dribs and drabs of info does nobody any favours.
Fair point, but at least the PDC's "announcement of an announcement" actually come to fruition......
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Bringing the BDO into it for no reason klaxon!
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

billyd wrote:
At least they are willing to take chances and when a "good idea" is proposed, they are open to a gamble. Look where the BDO are by following there rules and regulations like a health and safety guideline. "BDO klaxon" yadda yadda
Here you go Rout, you are as predictable as MVG winning a PDC tournament (wink wink IFM)
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I saw it, thats kinda what made me say it :)
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC 2018 Tour Calender

Post by ifm »

billyd wrote:
Ginge wrote:They should have announced everything in one go though, the dribs and drabs of info does nobody any favours.
Fair point, but at least the PDC's "announcement of an announcement" actually come to fruition......
All of a sudden an announcement of an announcement is ok, astonishing scenes.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

billyd wrote:
billyd wrote:
Here you go Rout, you are as predictable as MVG winning a PDC tournament (wink wink IFM)
Whoosh

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

ifm wrote:
billyd wrote:
Ginge wrote:
billyd wrote:Dan Dawson said during commentary for the Dutch Darts Masters that it is to be on a pro rata basis depending on entries, TBC though. So if 400 entries for the UK and 100 for Euro, Euro would get significantly less tour cards on offer
I see. Probably the fairest way of doing it.
I agree, but the other commentator (Rob Malarkey?) was arguing about the standard being much higher in the UK and a "better" player missing out on a tour card just because someone is of foreign origin. Depends how you look at it, if you grow the game (which what PDC are trying to achieve), in the long term the standard would get better by doing this
He's absolutely right, they got rid of the Irish OOM which was massively unfair and have now returned to the same type of thing, discrimination.

Fair comment actually, opens a can of worms that's for sure. Think we are underestimating the talent in Europe, just because good old blighty haven't heard of them, doesn't mean they are not any good. And a tour card is nothing compared to automatically qualifying for a major tounament
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PDC 2018 Tour Calender

Post by ifm »

billyd wrote:
ifm wrote:
billyd wrote:
Ginge wrote:
billyd wrote:Dan Dawson said during commentary for the Dutch Darts Masters that it is to be on a pro rata basis depending on entries, TBC though. So if 400 entries for the UK and 100 for Euro, Euro would get significantly less tour cards on offer
I agree, but the other commentator (Rob Malarkey?) was arguing about the standard being much higher in the UK and a "better" player missing out on a tour card just because someone is of foreign origin. Depends how you look at it, if you grow the game (which what PDC are trying to achieve), in the long term the standard would get better by doing this
He's absolutely right, they got rid of the Irish OOM which was massively unfair and have now returned to the same type of thing, discrimination.

Fair comment actually, opens a can of worms that's for sure. Think we are underestimating the talent in Europe, just because good old blighty haven't heard of them, doesn't mean they are not any good. And a tour card is nothing compared to automatically qualifying for a major tounament
I'm very much in the camp that you should be able to achieve if you are good enough and not be gifted better odds or free entry such as wildcards.

Madsocks
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PDC 2018 Tour Calender

Post by ifm »

billyd wrote:
ifm wrote:
billyd wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Loads of players have snuck into the PDC through the European and Irish route, maybe the likes of Dolan and Hybrechts would have made it anyway but it's still wrong imo.

Madsocks
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

[tweet]905525555088547841[/tweet]

Interesting interview with Matt Porter.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ChrisW wrote:[tweet]905525555088547841[/tweet]

do you have to sign up to hear it?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Not sure I listened on my stream box.
Should be uploaded to their youtube channel shortly.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoDasT ... jAsrMWerwA
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

ChrisW wrote:[tweet]905525555088547841[/tweet]

Is he on about only being interested in the top 8 again or has he changed his view?

Madsocks
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ifm wrote:
Is he on about only being interested in the top 8 again or has he changed his view?

Quite a lot discussed.
Q School Hildesheim. Will be decided after WGP PDPA meeting how the cards will be distributed.
Will be 'fair' allocation. So not 1 or 2 but majority will be in UK.
Challenge Tour only situation will also be discussed.
No challenge tour outside UK in 2018.
CLoD and WSoD may move after this year's events as Glasgow and Cardiff not reaching potential.
European Championships leaving Belgium as more potential in Germany. Couldn't be in Holland due to betting laws.
Entry fees for PCs will be discussed. They will be scrapped and 'sooner than later'
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Entry fees scrapped? That will be one big excuse for not switching out of the window....

Mooooooooo!!!!!
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:Entry fees scrapped? That will be one big excuse for not switching out of the window....

Mooooooooo!!!!!
It's been mooted for a few years now, just a question of time, probably the next q school will be the last, best chance to get a card before it gets really hard (apparently the standard is low right now).

Madsocks