PDC 2018 Tour Calender

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
The Jolly Man
County Player

PDC 2018 Tour Calender

Post by The Jolly Man »

The calender for the 2017 tour was out mid august last year so wondering if anyone has heard any talk of the release for next year.

Lots of rumour going around of an expanded challenge and development tour and the ongoing discussions with the NDB. It would seem the biggest changes may be at the more grass roots level of things.

Will the Euro tour expand? Will the WSOD? A new major?
dartistik
Brass Darts

Re: PDC 2018 Tour Calender

Post by dartistik »

Should be a Euro Tour event in Copenhagen in 2018, I believe this was confirmed by the PDCNB chairman.
DartsjournalistCOM
Pub Champion

Post by DartsjournalistCOM »

The Jolly Man wrote:The calender for the 2017 tour was out mid august last year so wondering if anyone has heard any talk of the release for next year.

Lots of rumour going around of an expanded challenge and development tour and the ongoing discussions with the NDB. It would seem the biggest changes may be at the more grass roots level of things.

Barry Hearn said on Twitter there will be a Challenge Tour in Europe mainland as well.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Well whatever the rumours are they sure got TT and others concerned about the impact on the county game.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

DartsjournalistCOM wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:The calender for the 2017 tour was out mid august last year so wondering if anyone has heard any talk of the release for next year.

Barry Hearn said on Twitter there will be a Challenge Tour in Europe mainland as well.
Would this be in conjunction with the ndb
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

I was told this a while back and that it will be 1 event a day like pro tour due to the numbers
JFT97
DartsjournalistCOM
Pub Champion

Post by DartsjournalistCOM »

The Jolly Man wrote:

Would this be in conjunction with the ndb
I would guess it would be in Germany as well....
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Bag Carrier wrote:

I was told this a while back and that it will be 1 event a day like pro tour due to the numbers
They think they'll get more than in the uk? Or will the uk players be allowed to enter?

At the prices they charge to enter can't see them getting hundreds to the weekends
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
DartsjournalistCOM wrote:Barry Hearn said on Twitter there will be a Challenge Tour in Europe mainland as well.
They think they'll get more than in the uk? Or will the uk players be allowed to enter?

At the prices they charge to enter can't see them getting hundreds to the weekends
Agreed. If it's priced like the UK Challenge Tour (entry fee >= €50), I'm not sure they even find 100 people to play such a tour after the initial curiosity phase, so unless they're only willing to set up 16 boards I don't know what numbers they're concerned about.

Anyway, if Challenge Tour level events are coming, I would prefer to see them combined with the European Tour qualifying to reduce the amount of travelling. (Then again, I'd also prefer if all PDPA members had to play the European Qualifiers to ensure a level playing field, and the host nation qualifying was limited to one or two spots for actual local unknowns.)
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Zeyes have you ever been to a darts event....just curious
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC 2018 Tour Calender

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:Zeyes have you ever been to a darts event....just curious
What does that have to do with his last post?
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote:

White knighting are we
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PDC 2018 Tour Calender

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:
Ginge wrote:

White knighting are we
Answer my question first :D
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zeyes wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
DartsjournalistCOM wrote:Barry Hearn said on Twitter there will be a Challenge Tour in Europe mainland as well.

Agreed. If it's priced like the UK Challenge Tour (entry fee >= €50), I'm not sure they even find 100 people to play such a tour after the initial curiosity phase, so unless they're only willing to set up 16 boards I don't know what numbers they're concerned about.

Anyway, if Challenge Tour level events are coming, I would prefer to see them combined with the European Tour qualifying to reduce the amount of travelling. (Then again, I'd also prefer if all PDPA members had to play the European Qualifiers to ensure a level playing field, and the host nation qualifying was limited to one or two spots for actual local unknowns.)
Great ideas, mate.
Big Jock Knew
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Would you like to add my ticket stubs to your collection?
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Zeyes wrote:
Would you like to add my ticket stubs to your collection?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

If he'd gone to as many darts events as you C, he would be as smart as you.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

devosteve wrote:Well whatever the rumours are they sure got TT and others concerned about the impact on the county game.
Anyone got some meat to put on the bones of the rumours?
mc1958
Superleague Player

Post by mc1958 »

The Jolly Man wrote:It's out! 13 Euro tour event, Copenhagen confirmed and a 2nd one in Netherlands. Challenge Tour and Development tour both up to 5 weeks.

An extra Q-School will be held in Europe, with one Challenge tour venue to be confirmed so possible to have one on the continent . Would seem that there will be no stand alone European challenge tour.

PL will go to Germany s well.

WSOD doesn't seem to get mentioned.
It does say near the end of the write up that venues and dates for World Series will be confirmed in due course.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

So is this the dreaded news the bdo/counties were fearing or not?